Superkalle

LDRAW.XML missing in LDD4

Just got a mail from the LDD Development team in Billund:

It seems we missed the ldraw.xml file, that maps to and from ldr files, in LDD 4.0. Can you share this file on Eurobricks?

Sure, no problem.

So, if you are planning to use the import/export to LDR files (Ldraw), you need to download the file below, unzip and put in the same folder as the LDD.exe. Then import and export from and to ldr files should then work again.

ldraw.zip

Having technical issues on posting to LUGNET at the moment, But for the most current version that I have worked on visit http://gallaghersart.com/site/new_ldd_parts_and_the_ldraw.xml/

For the public (all working parts) or the beta version that has more working parts along with parts that do not work.

Currently recovering from a chronic disease that has kept me from my love of the brick. But I am working on a new version that only uses the official parts released by Ldraw. Have no definite time frame but if enough people request a new version I will move it up on the schedule and get it done.

Please note I have not tested this yet with LDD 4, will try later tonight.

Thanks

Mike Gallagher

Gallaghersart.com

Well I guess we cannot import at the moment.

I just verified that with LDD 4.0.20 you can export but not import.

LDD is accessing the Ldraw.xml file for exporting and importing the same way and location. I was hopping LDD was looking for it in the old LDD assets folder but the import/and export are both accessing the file from the new location.Just nothing happens when you import.

Hope LDD fixes this.

Mike

I hope so as well! To be honest i was trying to get lxf files into lightwave for rendering in scenes and using your beta xml file with MLcad to do it. Still had a few bugs but was working nicely so I hope you can keep going with it Mike :thumbup:

Update.

I will have some sort of an LDraw.xml update by the end of this weekend, So far I have the first 6 parts groups done and verified.

so far these are the new parts or updates from my beta version

moved from "m" parts

4216 1x2 with groove

30526 1x2 with Double snap

52038 Brick 2x4x1 2/3 with vert knobs

30250 Brick 4x7x3 with plate

4597 Bottom 6x6x1 1/3

6061 Tube Brick 2x4x2

58827 Lattice Tower 2x2x10 with Cross

Brick 2 x 2 x 6 with Groove 6056

4732 Bracket 8 x 2 x 1 & 1/3

unoff certified

Brick 1 x 1 with Clip Vertical 60475

Brick 1 x 1 with Clip Horizontal 60476

Brick 1 x 1 x 3 with Two Clips Vertical 60583

unoff

un Brick 4 x 4 Round 87081

un Brick 12 x 24 30072 un

Brick 2 x 2 with Slots and Axlehole 90258

Brick 2 x 2 with Ball Socket and Axlehole

off

Brick 1x1x5 with grove 88393

Crane Arm Truss Top Section 1 x 6 x 10 64449

4217 1x14 with Groove

Technic Brick 2 x 3 with Holes, Vertical Click Rotation Hinge, and Socket

Crane Arm Truss Middle Section 1 x 6 x 5 64448

Brick 2x4x3 30144

brick 2x6x3 6213

brick 4x18 30400

brick 4x12 4202

Cone 1x1 6188

Gallagher

Gallaghersart.com

I'm trying to export a Technic design, but when I export using the ldraw.xml file, I open it in MLcad and a LOT of pieces are missing! Is that just because those pieces haven't been made in Ldraw yet? If not...can you bring more Technic parts on!

jojoguy10

I'm trying to export a Technic design, but when I export using the ldraw.xml file, I open it in MLcad and a LOT of pieces are missing! Is that just because those pieces haven't been made in Ldraw yet? If not...can you bring more Technic parts on!

jojoguy10

This problem gets bigger with each update. Most of the pieces are in MLCad, not all in the offcial part list, but TLC uses newer molds with different design numbers for older parts.

In Ldraw there is only the old number. It can be fixed by adding the parts in the parts directory, or make a copy of the old part number and rename it to the new number.

With new pieces, it is likely that they don't yet are in Ldraw.

Just got a mail from the LDD Development team in Billund:

It seems we missed the ldraw.xml file, that maps to and from ldr files, in LDD 4.0. Can you share this file on Eurobricks?

Sure, no problem.

So, if you are planning to use the import/export to LDR files (Ldraw), you need to download the file below, unzip and put in the same folder as the LDD.exe. Then import and export from and to ldr files should then work again.

Now, just ask them if we can use the tools that they use to export to other file formats, and I will be content.

Currently working on a new version of the LDraw.xml

You can download the older Beta that has most of the parts or watch the new 4.x version that I'm currently working on from the ground up with all current official LDraw parts.

You can download these here, http://gallaghersart.com/forums/viewthread/4/

Sorry for the delays on getting a new update, had a serious setback last year that I'm finally healthy enough to get back to doing some work, will be updating above post as I finish new LDD part groups.

Gallagher

Hello,

I tried to export Mindstorms NXT 2.0 (box 8547) from LDD to MLcad, with different ldraw.xml files, but there are always missing parts or rotation bugs. :hmpf_bad:

I would like to create my own ldraw.xml file containing only the parts from 8547 box, do you think that it's possible ?

Thanks