Sign in to follow this  
Jurgen Krooshoop

AMerican Truck "Longnose"1:23

This is a 1:23 scale model of a typical Maerican truck, inspired on the Peterbilt 389, topmodel of Peterbilts Traditional Line. It is not an exact copy, I just needed a specific truck which could serve as an example. The base of the truck is 13 studs wide, the truck itself 15, if you count the rear-view-mirrors.

Features:

* Studless design (whereas most trucks are brick-based)

* Remote controlled driving & steering

* Both rear-axles are driven through differentials

* PF-lights

* Can be used with joystick and speed-control remote

* Opening hood with dummy engine

* Opening cabin-doors

* 5th wheel ready for trailer with steering

Initially it was built for participation in an “Allround Car Competition” with the theme “All But Four”. This meant that all vehicules must not have 4 wheels. Eventually I decided that it wasn’t fast enough and that the ground-clearance was too high to drive over obstacles, so for the ACC, I built the Trike instead. I liked the model much, so I decided to finish it and make instructions for it. I will even make a special trailer for it, which will be my next project.

Instructions

The model was designed for the 8878 rechargeable battery. After finishing the model I realized that the normal batterybox fitted inside as well. So I decided to make 2 sets of instructions: 1 for the 8878 and 1 for the standard batterybox. Although I’m a big fan of the 8878, it’s very expensive, and lots of people don’t have it for that reason.  Now those people can still build it with normal batteries. The instructions can be downloaded on my brand new website www.jurgenstechniccorner.com

1288528454m_DISPLAY.jpg

12885287362_DISPLAY.jpg

12885285281_DISPLAY.jpg

12885285302_DISPLAY.jpg

12885302861_DISPLAY.jpg

longnose_1_render.jpg

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop

As always, your instructions are well-done. Thanks for sharing them! :classic: There are lots of Peterbilt 389s plying the American interstate system, and your MOC looks like the real deal. 83329014.jpg

I liked looking at these photographs (and more) on your MOCpages "Jurgen's Technic Corner (JTC)":

12885287311_DISPLAY.jpg12885294792_DISPLAY.jpg

Great job as always. I love the design with the red and orange stripes.

Nice truck, and in same scales as trucks for HARD truck competition! Those tubes in engine are very rare, they really add to detail.

So this is the new MOC you were working on? :wink:

It looks excellent, just like the real thing. Only real improvement I can think of is the use of chromed parts where appropriate, but I guess that could get very expensive. I like the fact it's mostly studless, makes it easier for me to build (I hardly have any studded bricks) :laugh: Thanks for taking the time to create instructions, once again.

Edited by jantjeuh

Great model. It looks a bit like a cross between 5580 and 5571, with the Technic functionality added in. I especially like the lights.

Those tubes came from a very old classic space set 8-)

5580 actually used those tubes in the same way, around the engine.

So this is the new MOC you were working on? :wink:

It looks excellent, just like the real thing. Only real improvement I can think of is the use of chromed parts where appropriate, but I guess that could get very expensive. I like the fact it's mostly studless, makes it easier for me to build (I hardly have any studded bricks) :laugh: Thanks for taking the time to create instructions, once again.

Yes, this is the MOC is was working on. Now I can start making the Ultimate-8043 Parts list. And I've actually considered choming the grey parts, but it would require more than 60 parts to chromed, and that gets a bit too expensive.

i wish it was a bigger scale. any plans for a "technic" scale truck by chance? looks awesome!!! :)

No plans yet for a bigger one, but who knows...

Great model. It looks a bit like a cross between 5580 and 5571, with the Technic functionality added in. I especially like the lights.

The 5580 was also part of the inspiration.

5580 actually used those tubes in the same way, around the engine.

I'm a huge fan of trucks and this one looks awesome.

Can't wait until you upload the Brickstore XML.

Wow! Amazing looks! Great work! Amazed me you did not use the engine-area to fit PF functions but actually put in a motor! It's such a small model for all that stuff!

As usual, thanks for all your great work. Do you plan to share the LDraw file as well? That's the only way for me to make a render. :classic:

Great work Jurgen

Thanks, that means a lot, coming from one of my favorite truck-builders. Your works has served as inspiration for this creation as well.

As usual, thanks for all your great work. Do you plan to share the LDraw file as well? That's the only way for me to make a render. :classic:

Sorry, I was so busy working on my new LEGO-website, that I totally forgot to upload the MLCad documents. The files are now in my brickshelf-folder (when public), on my website in the instructions-area. Here are the deeplinks:

MLCad-file for 8878-version (recommended)

MLCad-file for standard batterybox-version

Your fantastic renders are allways greatly appreciated.

Wow, wow, wow. :thumbup: It's like looking at my own model (which I do a lot :laugh: ). Big thanks for this awesome render. I'm getting better at making renders, but haven't reached this quality. This image will be my desktop-background !!