Sign in to follow this  
CorneliusMurdock

"Push me you will, yes, hmmm?"

Finally had time to finish my entry.

Even Jedi masters have to do their own grocery shopping. Can Yoda help it if he really enjoys riding in the cart?

5127298293_4db47c955a.jpg

Won't you give him a push?

5127301991_d2317427b6.jpg

The shopping cart by itself.

5127304699_e460b894ff.jpg

A higher angle.

5127913980_2e4a8694a9.jpg

"An action figure you will buy me?"

Like my MCW contest entry, this was an idea that once it struck me was too funny to be ignored. It probably won't win but it gave me a fit of the giggles when I first thought of it.

The scale is actually somewhat larger than minifg scale because I could not build a satisfying cart that was both large enough to fit Yoda in it and still small enough not to look ridiculous with a regular minifig pushing it. Instead I imagine Yoda pleading with the viewer to give him a push. I know overall as well that the entire thing is not as large as most other entries but I did push the size limit for my collection of tiles and certain colors of bricks. Thank you for looking and possibly voting.

Link to Flickr for higher resolutions

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

Very nice entry Cornelius! Your building skills are really impressive, this vignette has the same feel as your Fish Hut entry in the MCW contest. Your entry reminds me of this comment you made in my Jedi Shuttlebus MOC, still remember it? :wink: Best of luck in the contest my friend!

Edited by KielDaMan

Very nice entry Cornelius! Your building skills are really impressive, this vignette has the same feel with your Fish Hut Entry in the MCW contest. Your entry reminds me of this comment you made in my Jedi Shuttlebus MOC, still remember it? :wink: Best of luck in the contest my friend!

That comment may or may not have been part of the inspiration. :wink: The other half is really my experience with my daughter at the grocery store.

Hello!

You are right, it really makes you smile. :classic: A very funny little scene with a great authentic-looking supermarket. :classic:

Have you tried making the shopping cart in darg gray? The black one is harder to recognize on the image at a first glance and dark gray would stand out from the black tiles on the floor. And the more you can see at a first look, the more interesting people will find it. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

It's adorable, it really is. :sweet:

Once you get past how funny the initial concept is, you have to take a look at the build itself. The store is colourful and well tiled, the freezer cases include appropriate selections and ice, the shelves are well stocked and interesting, the security camera is watching the whole thing discretely.

Very nice job! :thumbup:

Thanks for the very nice comments.

@Legostein: I agree that dark gray could look better but I don't have those pieces in dark gray. I hope the black doesn't look too bad.

It's adorable, it really is. :sweet:

Once you get past how funny the initial concept is, you have to take a look at the build itself. The store is colourful and well tiled, the freezer cases include appropriate selections and ice, the shelves are well stocked and interesting, the security camera is watching the whole thing discretely.

Very nice job! :thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing, but I was also thinking, whats with all the game pieces that look like babies for sale on the shelf? Are they suppose to represent toys?

Very fun MOC though. Even if you tell me they are suppose to be babies which I'm sure they aren't, I'd like it.

I was thinking the same thing, but I was also thinking, whats with all the game pieces that look like babies for sale on the shelf? Are they suppose to represent toys?

Very fun MOC though. Even if you tell me they are suppose to be babies which I'm sure they aren't, I'd like it.

Uh.... yes they're toys. And thanks, I think.

Great entry! I love the lime green, and the little freezers on the side are a nice touch. The only thing that bothers me is that Yoda can just push himself by using the force :thumbup::laugh:

Very nice entry, but it feel rather empty to me, though I do understand your scale problem. It would be much funnier if there was somebody there to push him, possibly another Jedi Master such as Mace or Obi Wan, and maybe some other shoppers who are giving Yoda weird looks. Therefore, I'd recommend to give the down-scaling another shot. I'm sure it's possible. One thing that might help is replacing Yoda's legs with something brick-built in order to make it look more like he is sitting.

Also, how about giving Yoda one of the Mexican's maracas as a rattle? :wink:

Very nice entry, but it feel rather empty to me, though I do understand your scale problem. It would be much funnier if there was somebody there to push him, possibly another Jedi Master such as Mace or Obi Wan, and maybe some other shoppers who are giving Yoda weird looks. Therefore, I'd recommend to give the down-scaling another shot. I'm sure it's possible. One thing that might help is replacing Yoda's legs with something brick-built in order to make it look more like he is sitting.

Also, how about giving Yoda one of the Mexican's maracas as a rattle? :wink:

I appreciate your insight, my Hufflepuff buddy.

My original plan when I came up with the idea was to have Dooku push the cart. If I tried to downscale now, though, I would have to redesign everything else too( except for the aisle display which I think is closer to minifig scale). The freezers for example look pretty comical with a minifig beside them. And if a minifig were to try to get something out of them, they could end up like that poor half a skater from the Winter village bakery.

Even if I had the maraca I probably wouldn't use it, because my Yoda is less an infant and more of the eccentric sage from the Empire Strikes Back (The little tug of war with R2 is one of my favorite parts of the movie). I can so picture that Yoda doing something like this.

And, yes, Prateek I know about the force push. But what fun would that be? :tongue:

If I tried to downscale now, though, I would have to redesign everything else too( except for the aisle display which I think is closer to minifig scale). The freezers for example look pretty comical with a minifig beside them.

Actually, I think the freezers are the only things that you'd have to downscale aside from the cart, and that wouldn't even be that hard; just remove the first layer of bricks above the dark grey plate and they should be fine.

For the cart, try making it 3-wide or even 2-wide, and use droid arms for the basket.

Actually, I think the freezers are the only things that you'd have to downscale aside from the cart, and that wouldn't even be that hard; just remove the first layer of bricks above the dark grey plate and they should be fine.

For the cart, try making it 3-wide or even 2-wide, and use droid arms for the basket.

I've tried for a couple of days to get the cart smaller but just can't seem to do it with the parts I have.(I don't have that many droid arms.) I don't think it looks that bad as is, you'll just have to imagine that Yoda went shopping late at night when there would be fewer shoppers to get in the way of his fun. :wink:

I did try the cart in white since I just got some of the parts I used before in that color but it blends in too much with the freezers.

Wow, this is really cool, and funny - Yoda in the child seat of the shopping cart :laugh: I love it!

Incidentally, I have also been struggling to make a minifig scale cart for a Lone Wolf and Cub vignette... I've pretty much given up on it :sad:

Wow, this is really cool, and funny - Yoda in the child seat of the shopping cart :laugh: I love it!

Incidentally, I have also been struggling to make a minifig scale cart for a Lone Wolf and Cub vignette... I've pretty much given up on it :sad:

Glad I'm not the only one who has had trouble. Luckily I could scale it up for this vignette.

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Nice entry CM! :thumbup:

I love the bright colours and the aisles and freezers. :wub:

It has a nice funny side to it aswell. :thumbup:

Good luck!

CF