Hibbs

George Lucas Mini Figure

Wouldn't it be great if Lego released a "Behind the Scenes" battle pack with Directors vs. Actors. That would be awesome

Thats what I've been hoping for since I saw the post on FBTB.

It wouldn't happen though, unless they brought back the Studio theme with a George Lucas Movie maker set, like the old Steven Spielberg set.

CF

I wish Kershner had directed the prequels. George Lucas is a better producer than director. (Cough)howardtheduck(cough)

In fairness, George Lucas' role as executive producer didn't really make him responsible for most of the major creative decisions regarding Howard the Duck (with the exception of shooting it in live-action instead of animation, which was indeed his idea, but the particulars of the story, characters, etc. weren't). Moreover, if one assigns him responsibility ("blame") for Howard the Duck, it's also fair to give him responsibility ("credit") for Labyrinth, Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters, Tucker: The Man and his Dream, Latino, Powaqqatsi, etc., since he was the executive producer of all those as well - but people always seem to ignore his contributions to those well-regarded movies, while holding him responsible for Howard the Duck. I do recognize not everything he does is great, alas (particularly in the last several years :sceptic: ), but let's be fair. :wink:

Looks a littile different than this image....250px-GeorgeLucas.png

Though the hair do looks alot like this......george-lucas.jpg

I guess what makes this collectable is the head, a great minifig to have in one's collection and try not let the children play with him.....he is becomming an old man ! :wink:

May the brick be with you ! :sweet:

It's the yellow collar that throws it off. They simply swapped hands without changing the torso.

Ahh, I see, the yeloow collar does look sa bit off.

I wish Kershner had directed the prequels. George Lucas is a better producer than director. (Cough)howardtheduck(cough)

Supposedly Kershner was asked to direct Phantom Menace but declined. What could have been...

Supposedly Kershner was asked to direct Phantom Menace but declined. What could have been...

That stinks, I mean why wouldn't someone want to get back involved with something so huge, and popular, I mean think of the children.

That stinks, I mean why wouldn't someone want to get back involved with something so huge, and popular, I mean think of the children.

I've never heard Irvin Kershner was asked to begin with. As I (perhaps erroneously?) understood it, Lucas always intended to direct the first movie in the new trilogy to kick it off (much as he'd directed the original movie before turning the directorial reins over to others for Episode V and Episode VI), with the possibility of then having other directors do II and III (again, as happened with the originals), but decided somewhere along the way that he really wanted to do the other prequels as well (partly because none of the prequels were nearly as stressful as doing the original, which actually put Lucas in the hospital briefly).

I've further read that Steven Spielberg was keenly interested in doing at least one of the prequels and practically begged Lucas to let him, but Lucas turned him down.

After finding out as much as can about 'George' my mini-figure, it turns out he really is rather rare. As you can see from my previous photo's he is in perfect condition and exactly matches the pictures in the visual dictionary. If anyone would like to make me an offer to buy him, in UK £, I will seriously consider it.

Why am I thinking about selling him, well I don’t collect Star Wars Lego, and all he’s doing is sat on my desk looking out of place with my collection of 3¾” figures

After finding out as much as can about 'George' my mini-figure, it turns out he really is rather rare. As you can see from my previous photo's he is in perfect condition and exactly matches the pictures in the visual dictionary. If anyone would like to make me an offer to buy him, in UK £, I will seriously consider it.

Why am I thinking about selling him, well I don’t collect Star Wars Lego, and all he’s doing is sat on my desk looking out of place with my collection of 3¾” figures

Edited by stan

The official made-by-LEGO is rare, but Christo7108 on Ebay has made several custom copies and sold them.

The official made-by-LEGO is rare, but Christo7108 on Ebay has made several custom copies and sold them.

Well mine did not come from "Christo7108", I can assure you of that.

I might be interested, how much would you ask?

Congratulations indeed on finding this super-rare minifig at a very low price! :classic:

~buddy~