Darth Jar Jar

Best Theme Ever?

The first LEGO set I ever got that blew my mind, made me dream and wonder, was 918 from the now-classic Space line.

As such, I have a HUGE soft spot for Classic Space.

BUT...my ideas as to 'best theme ever' can fluctuate greatly, depending on my mood.

So many to love...

(in no particular order)

Town/City

Pirate/Pirates/POTC

Classic Castle/Castle/Kingdoms (KK & KK2 can go hang!)

Star Wars

Prince of Persia

Wild West

Adventurers/Pharaoh's Quest

Batman

Indiana Jones

Spider-man

Studios

Collectable Minifigures

Modular

The list could go on and on...

I would have to say Kingdoms. Why? Because ti is helping me and my son get into Lego together. :grin:

Best theme ever? wonder if I left a clue about it somewhere around here....?

Nope, not in the sig. Hmm, not in the body of the post. Or not even a hint even in the title, what's that? look in the user name?

Oh there it is!

Castle!

Just about any part of it expect the 'jellybean knights' era and even then there are part/pieces/minifigs that I regret missing there even.

I'd say Classic Space would be a close second since I actually had more of that growing up....

I've dabbled in many themes, and will continue to do so if the price is right or the pieces are compelling.

As I have heard many times, Parts are Parts!

My favorite theme would be Town, the sets from the late 90's are my favorite, mainly because they are the ones i grew up with. I never got into the star wars sets.

My all-time favourite theme is...Ice Planet 2002!

It has everything you want from a theme: great set design, an amazing colourscheme and the most badass Space minifigs ever.

On top of that, it has the one thing that no other theme has...save for RoboForce...and Time Cruisers...and I guess there's that one guy who uses in construction work...

Oh alright; it's not completely exclusive to Ice Planet 2002, but goshdarnit, it's friggin' awesome!

Ladies and gentleman, give it up for the trans. orange chainsaw:

140.jpg

Bluebeard, out-

I have a lot.

Indy: I love the movies and I've always been an adventure nut.

Pharaohs Quest: Same reason minus the movies.

Star Wars: I've gotta give Star Wars some credit. I've loved the movies from the first time I saw them. This and Indy hooked me back into the classic brick. Plus the vehicles are just awesome. :grin:

Castle: Fantasy has always been a favorite of mine. So castle makes perfect sense.

Pirates! :jollyroger: Smiley imported from Pirates Forum, get yours today.

I'm interested in the Napoleonic Era, Golden Age of Piracy, tall ships, so this + LEGO = perfect for me.

After pirates would be: Castle, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Town, Sci-Fi. Really though I love (almost) every general theme LEGO's ever produced, but for time and money's sake I try to choose a couple.

Edited by Skipper

Trains, definitely trains. It could easily go with City too so the both of them really go hand in hand. Even as a child I had more Lego town than anything else. But then again, there were not as many options back then.

The 'best' theme on an impartial basis is unquestionably city lego. There's a countless amount of very nice sets of all sizes, the theme is set out very well and all the sub themes fit together seamlessly.

That said when it comes to my favourite themes city lego is not really that high up, as a child I would have always picked to play with pirates,knights, cowboys etc over 'regular people' because I found them so much more fun. On exactly the same basis the chance to build pirate ships and castles was so much more appealing than building say a tower block. My feelings are still the same today.

As you can probably now guess my favourite theme is Lego Pirates (including the old pirate, imperial guard and islander waves as well as the 2009-10 releases but not including PoTC). Hope to see these return in the next few years after the PoTC fad (but using some of the great new pieces!)

This is followed quite closely by Castle (including the great new Kingdoms but not Knights Kingdom) which I would say is probably the second 'best' theme as well as my second favourite.

The Western Theme is my third favourite.

I think the Space themes are great and are probably the third 'best' theme, but they never interested me more than a passing fancy for some reason.

So to sum up:

'Best' Themes:

1. City

2. Castle

3. Space

Favourite Themes:

1. Pirate

2. Castle

3. Western

Edited by Weil