Darth Jar Jar

Best Theme Ever?

If it were available here in Canada, it would have to be Architecture since that's what I want to major in :classic:

But until it is, Starwars for me :classic:

Just came out of my dark ages roughly 4-5 months ago after a 18 years break! Swept up most Lego set themes in sight. (Kingdoms, some starwars, creator series, train sets, city sets, pirates, HP, modular buildings, POP, Toy story and spongebob etc)Towards the end of last year, alot of Atlantis sets were on sale, was never interested in Atlantis initially cause the box art looked kinda boring and a little kiddish, but bought some anyway cause they were so cheap.

Upon opening and constructing the sets, it totally blew me away! Seriously Atlantis could top most of the themes i started collecting. Yeah so Atlantis just rose to the top suddenly just like this. Scooped up 10 out of 14 Atlantis sets in 2 weeks shortly after that.

Lego city and train

I'm starting lego because of my 5 yo son. He loves trains so instead of getting him thomas train set, I get him lego train instead. It's also great that we can build things together. Due to lack of funds, I tried to keep it on City theme. Other theme I'm interested are the modular building, the pirate and upcoming Pirate of the Carribeans set. Not really interested with Starwars or other sets.

Well, looking at the sets i currently own, i would have to say castle. Love all the new Kingdoms line, and eagerly awaiting the 2011 sets. :grin: The seige engines from the fantasy line were pretty cool as well. (Plus they brought us trolls! And dwarves! How could i ever forget them!) The old classic castle from the 70's and 80's are also a perennial fav, they certainly more than hold their own.

Other that, in no particular order:

PoP

Pirates

Vikings

Ninjas

Pharoah's quest

Harry Potter

While I do enjoy building and adding each set I buy to my city, I have to say that Pharoahs Quest is mine. I really like each and every set in the series. The whole tomb raider theme is a cool idea. All minifigs are good looking. Although it doesn't really account for us, their playability lasts forever.

Definitely Town/City. 1980-pres. I collected two toys as a kid thru now, Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars and Lego City sets... 18 Years and counting :grin:

<----- Aquazone

Interested in another 6135 Aqua Shark Spy Shark? Needs a good home. No place for it in my city. I'm pretty sure it's 100% though I no longer have its instructions, but its never been taken apart. PM if interested. :classic:

Ah, this is easy for me......Town/City first......Star Wars second......HP, Kingdoms and Ninjago equal third.

It's a bit cramped for third eh ? :laugh:

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

BELVILLE!!!!!!! :wub::wub:

after that it would be Paradisa, Toy Story, and then the Trains... the Holiday ones in particular... :wub: (yes there is more than one... the first one came out sometime during the era of Paradisa...) :wink:

My favorite theme of all time has to be Ice Planet 2002.

I only need a white magnet holder and 2 white 1 x 2 tiles with short yellow arrow and I will be able to build every Ice Planet set at once.

Castle is my favourite theme overall (Forestmen being my fave sub-theme), but Classic Space runs a very close second. Strangely enough it was the opposite way around when I was a young lad.

It's hard to say. There may be themes I don't really care for, but within the theme is an outstanding set that I absolutely love. But since I have to pick, then based on a monetary scale alone I find Star Wars to be the best theme ever, since it has received most of my hard earned money.

In his best Ron Burgundy voice...

I love Castle. I love Castle. Castley, castle, castle. Here it goes. Down into my belly. Mm mm mm...

For primary themes for me it would be ( I can not place a # on them) :grin:

Town/City (at one point they merged/became the same)

Trains

Castle

Pirates

For Subthemes

Black Falcons

Forestmen

Divers

Ninjas

Edited by Macoco

My all time favourite theme would have to Fantasy Era Castle. I really love the Tolkien-esque feel it has. After Castle come all the themes that can be easily integrated with it (Harry Potter, Pirates etc.)

I liked Star Wars very much before, but because those dimensions are wrong I don't like them so much any more. My favourite Lego theme have probably been Indiana Jones, because I am intrested in history and you got nice bricks from those sets

Edited by Silverface

My favorite is Star Wars. But, I wouldn't say it's the best theme. Only a Star Wars fan would know about a Y-Wing starfighter or an LAAT/i is. But anyone can idenify a firetruck or air-plane. So I'd say the theme is some where around City or Town or something like that. I think Star Wars is the most successful and must movie-accurate though. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a Star Wars fan all the way! :vader::yoda:

My favorite is Star Wars. But, I wouldn't say it's the best theme. Only a Star Wars fan would know about a Y-Wing starfighter or an LAAT/i is. But anyone can idenify a firetruck or air-plane. So I'd say the theme is some where around City or Town or something like that. I think Star Wars is the most successful and must movie-accurate though. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a Star Wars fan all the way! :vader::yoda:

I admire Star Wars, but like I said above there are reasons why I stopped collecting them, but that is true Star Wars is a great theme for a Star Wars fan!

I have to say City and Mods are my all time favourite, however I do have soft spots for alot more, Space Police, Castle, Rock Raiders, NinjaGo, Western, Trains, Pirates, Aquaraiders/Atlantis, Ice Planet (just for the Polar Bear ^.^) and others I can't think of atm.

Space.That includes all sub-themes.It has the greatest number of unique parts,I believe.Plus I don`t care for most of the other themes.

Space (I don't have a specific favorite, I just love space as a whole). Then a tie between castle (specifically the 2007 and later stuff and Kingdoms) and pirates, then somewhere in between, the action themes (again, I don't really have a favorite among them, except that time cruisers is probably my least favorite...)

In order of importance [even the last one is still awesome though!]

Blacktron II

Blacktron

Space Police III

Mars Mission

Star Wars

Space Police II

M-Tron

Space Police I

Ninjago

Agents 2.0

To many good sets! I'll probably add Alien Conquest to about middle of the pack at least in terms of faves - I eagerly anticipate the day Blacktron returns! All Hail Blacktron!

First is definitely Trains, even tho it might be considered a sub-theme. But in practice I rather consider City/Town a subset of Trains :tongue:

Second is Castle (with the exclusion of the 90s series).

Third is Classic Space, but not any other space theme than Classic!