Not sure if anyone else noticed yet but they did add a dozen or so face decorations for minifigure heads. I found them when decorating the back of the figs head. Most of them are similar to those on the front side but different facial expression. But at least its more than we had before :thumbup:

Not sure if anyone else noticed yet but they did add a dozen or so face decorations for minifigure heads. I found them when decorating the back of the figs head. Most of them are similar to those on the front side but different facial expression. But at least its more than we had before :thumbup:

I think they were there before actually. Also note that yhere are some decorations on the forehead. It all depends on where you click on the head. :classic:

So I guess this is all a graphics problem?

So does it work for you?

EDIT: Removed large block of text.

sadly no its still doesnt work

Also note that yhere are some decorations on the forehead. It all depends on where you click on the head. :classic:

Wha...? :hmpf::wacko:

Can we get a list of every decoration there is and where we have to click to add it?

Wha...? :hmpf::wacko:

Can we get a list of every decoration there is and where we have to click to add it?

The forehead decoration is just a grey patch. :sadnew:

The forehead decoration is just a grey patch. :sadnew:

More specifically, two silver patches. Which are applied along with a certain front print and a certain back print to get this head. It looks grey because LDD does not currently allow for metallic printing (or for opaque printing on transparent parts-- note that prints on transparent parts will look insubstantial from many angles).

I have an LDD file that has all of the decorations I've found on it. I'll put it on my Brickshelf, how does that sound? I tried to apply them the way they would be applied on real parts, but of course there's nothing saying you can't be creative and change the color of parts, or apply front/back prints in ways other than the actual sets have them.

It should be noted that two decorations that were on LDD 3.0 have been removed from version 4. Specifically, the face prints from the Squid Warrior and Manta Warrior from the Atlantis theme are no longer available.

Also, a couple of the decorations on this file cannot be applied from Universe mode. Specifically, you cannot use the decoration tool to apply the front and back prints for the Admiral's daughter's torso from the Pirates theme, or the print for the shiny eye brick. To get them, I had to go to DesignByMe mode where they're already pre-applied in the default parts palette. No idea why they're not in the Universe palette.

Note that some prints are defective. Specifically, the road plates mostly have their prints too large and at the wrong angle. The only OK one is the crossroad plate (since it is the same from all angles), and even it is too large and therefore blurry (the print is not supposed to stretch from edge to edge, but rather there should be a "margin" around the road markings so they don't meet with the edge of the road plate). Certain prints are not transparent, and will look unusual on parts in any color other than the ones that print appears with in sets. One tile with a print from the Space Skulls set is colored transparent red to indicate that while the print is not faulty in and of itself, it is applied to entirely the wrong brick (it should be applied to a 1x2 tile; it is instead applied to a 2x2 tile).

Anyway, here's the LXF file, if you're interested. If anyone finds any decorations I've missed, please tell me so I can upload the file both on my computer and on my Brickshelf. Glad to see more people becoming interested in the possibilities of LDD!

Anyway, here's the LXF file, if you're interested. If anyone finds any decorations I've missed, please tell me so I can upload the file both on my computer and on my Brickshelf. Glad to see more people becoming interested in the possibilities of LDD!

Thanks, I also like this very much!

Hi,

can you please tell me how to enable the brick outlines mode? In my installation on a (rather powerfull) PC it is disabled and I cannot change the setting.

Thanks

Oh man! I love the new brick outlines and advanced shader mode. Looks so much better. I found myself opening all my models last night just to check them out with the new look. SWEET!

Hi,

can you please tell me how to enable the brick outlines mode? In my installation on a (rather powerfull) PC it is disabled and I cannot change the setting.

Thanks

What is the specification on your PD (model, OS, graphvids card etc). Also (very important) make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers installed.

Hi Supperkalle,

Thanks for your hints.

What is the specification on your PD (model, OS, graphvids card etc). Also (very important) make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers installed.

You made me check the system specs and the drivers.

My graphic card is NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE. I found that its driver was from 2008, so I installed the newest one.

And ... It started to work!!!

So, this experience may be useful also for other LDD users.

I must say that the brick outlines and the shades make the look of the models much much better.

Thanks once more, Supperkalle.

Jonas

If anyone's interested, I've updated my LDD Decorations file with several more decorations not available through the regular decoration tool. Among these are two Speed Racer helmets, the Aquaraiders helmet, a TIE Fighter Pilot torso, the Sith Infiltrator's roof piece, R2-D2's body and head (head is missing several prints, but has the top print), several Dino Attack minifig heads, the Rebel Pilot/Clone Pilot head, and Hermione's head from the new Harry Potter sets!

Feel free to download this and use some of these prints to update your LDD sets, or just for MOCing purposes!

Another thing I recently added to my Brickshelf is my LDD Complete Color Chart. It has every color in the standard Universe-mode palette as plates, and additional colors as bricks. Metallic colors are represented as round plates or bricks, and all colors are in order by MaterialID. I'll warn you that this is not totally complete-- it's missing colors that either don't render properly on LDD, or which I just don't know about. Also, many of the colors are hard to identify-- many of the ones represented by bricks, even I don't know what they're used for! The exceptions are color 297, Warm Gold, the main pearl gold color used for the past several years, and color 298, Cool Silver Drum Lacquered, which is known as Metallic Silver on Bricklink and had many notable uses in the Agents theme.

Happy building!

Excellent work Aanchir.

Can you create a new topic and name it "LDD Reference material". Since you are the owner of the first post, perhaps you'd like to take on to update it and keep an Index of LDD Reference Material of various kinds. Sounds OK?

EDIT: you might as well create another post directly after it so you own the two first.

If anyone's interested, I've updated my LDD Decorations file with several more decorations not available through the regular decoration tool. Among these are two Speed Racer helmets, the Aquaraiders helmet, a TIE Fighter Pilot torso, the Sith Infiltrator's roof piece, R2-D2's body and head (head is missing several prints, but has the top print), several Dino Attack minifig heads, the Rebel Pilot/Clone Pilot head, and Hermione's head from the new Harry Potter sets!

Where did those new prints come from? :wacko:

Where did those new prints come from? :wacko:

They're programmed into LDD; you just have to unzip an LXF and then change the coding in the LXFML to have a different number listed for the decoration IDs. I think these are all there are, though (at least, all that work).

Alright, Superkalle, I'll make a topic about that. I'll have to make sure and keep it up-to-date, though!

They're programmed into LDD; you just have to unzip an LXF and then change the coding in the LXFML to have a different number listed for the decoration IDs. I think these are all there are, though (at least, all that work).

Alright, Superkalle, I'll make a topic about that. I'll have to make sure and keep it up-to-date, though!

I don't think there will be that many updates. There is the decoration, color chart (I can add the complete mapping table later on). On top of that there might be some Templates, and other stuff (like the LEGO XML documenation).

I dont know if this has been mentiond and I dont feel like looking through 6 pages. In LDD 4 on my dell laptop with windows 7, LDD was working great then I chedked the "outlines on bricks" option in the prefferences and when I opened LDD a few days later, NO bricks were visible (even in the palette). Very annoying until I read in the LDD$ released topic something about outlines and it dawned on me to try unchecking that option and it works fine now.

Sal

WFB, WI

Same here. I uninstalled the program and downloaded it again, and it still doesn't work.

EDIT:

If I bring up the task manager, I notice the LDD.exe process is running, and using 100% CPU, and a whole mess of memory, the program just doesn't load. After a few minutes, the process eventually shuts down, but still doesn't load. I'm using Vista 64, I'm curious what OS the people who have this problem are running.

EDIT:

I've just done the steps in Superkalle's post #75, and it worked! Before finding that, I'd done all of it except Step 3. So apparently that's what did the trick.

Peter

Edited by petero

Found some extra background sounds in the 'Sound' folder, Abyss & Jungle. Although the 2 backgrounds aren't available...

I am desperately trying to find out what the Bricklink description for this piece is:

lddscreenshot19.png

Could somebody please enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.

It seems the "magic sphere" used in the Vladek's Dark Fortress (8877).

Peeron described it as "Scala Finial"