Sign in to follow this  
CCOOK

Old Mill

Here's a really nasty place that I just finished:

oldmill8.jpg

oldmill7.jpg

oldmill9.jpg

These guys are pretty bad-a$$ - notice that they wear chrome cutlasses and knives on the "Prince of Persia" X-shape neck sheath; also note the chained skeleton cage:

oldmilldock.jpg

The right side - 16x8 rope bridge connects the gothic double house to the millhouse's island:

oldmill4.jpg

The other side - there's a small dock on here that leads to a rope ladder in the back that goes all the way up the mill's structure:

oldmill1.jpg

Close-up; everybody's drunk and having a ball, except the guy on the gallows tree - this is an real noose that was a huge pain the a$$ to tie:

oldmill2.jpg

The back of the gothic houses:

oldmill5.jpg

Technic connectors support the back of the 3-story house and the side of its 2-story counterpart:

oldmill6.jpg

The set is totally modular; here's the millhouse first floor with the second floor removed (armoire, glass chrome flintlock case, rum cask palette):

millhouse1st1.jpg

I really need a big white sheet of paper to reduce the ridiculous amount of contrast from the camera flash:

millhouse1st2.jpg

Here's the second floor removed (really expensive rare brown roof bricks - what a rip-off!!!!!):

millhouse2nd1.jpg

This is the left side of the millhouse second floor; notice the "crack" that separates the front roof from the back four studs of roof section:

millhouse2ndlocked.jpg

The 2x2 portion of roof adjacent to the window is actually a ridge, and is connected to a red 1x2 hinge that allows it to fold down:

millhouse2ndunlocked.jpg

This allows the second floor of the millhouse to be opened on its side hinges, which would otherwise be prohibitted by the overlap of roof edges:

millhouse2ndopen1.jpg

A little fun upstairs:

millhouse2ndopen3.jpg

Thanks to "ChromeBricks" for the mirror-chrome 2x2 round tile on the middle dresser in here:

millhouse2ndopen2.jpg

And that's that.

-CCOOK :jollyroger:

Edited by CCOOK

wow love your interior of both houses lots of detail and some great ideas .

some of bigger shot are really busy and it's hard to see whats going on but thanks tothe series of close ups I was able to appreciate the MOC as a whole.

please take a moment to check my WIP it would be much appreciated.

MOC ON!

It seems a bit chaotic on the pictures due to all the dark-, lightgrey and black bricks, but I think it will look better IRL.

I like the strange triangular houses and all the busy and partying people.

The gallows are a nice detail as well and they look very clever made.

And you did a good job on the interior as well, with some nice pieces of furniture and a typical pirate scene :pir-classic:

So next time, I think you should reduce the number of parrots and use either black and dark grey or white and lightgrey bricks to make it less chaotic.

But except from that small point, you did a very good job :thumbup:

Wow, what a detail-packed MOC! I love the building on the right - never seen such a steep roof before, but I like it a lot.

Really great idea with the hinged roof crest - compact and effective, and solves that eternal problem!

Well done.

Excellent and action packed creation 'CCOOK' - gee, that guy is lucky with those two girls ! :pir-wink:

Keep up the cool work and keep on.....going arrrrrr ! :pir-grin:

Amazing job CCOOK! The Gothic houses are prettty cleverly done and everything on it is just perfect, but as Croissant sayed it surely looks a bit messy and chaotic, but i guess at thepirate citys/Ports always were. Very good job

Captain Becker

I agree it would photograph alot better on white but it. Still looks really good.

I'll expand my thoughts on the blog. :thumbup:

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Very nice. I like all the details and furniture you packed into that building. The VERY steep roofed building is very well done as well. And those rope bridges :pir-wub: Keep up the great work!

Wow thats great. Those pieces must be rare since I've never seen them but they make a pretty good roof.

Those bridges are awesome as well, wish I knew how to do them.

Great job :thumbup:

Here it is without the flash on:

oldmillnf3.jpg

Recognize the cloth triangles on the mill? They're the same ones that make up the top of the "Grand Carousel" set. The gallows cages are made from 3mm LEGO rigid rubber tubing attached to barred plates via minifigure hands; the middle crosslinks are simply overlapped 1x1 plates with vertical grabbers.

Here's a closer view of the crane - this is a modular crane and can be made in any size because it is made from technic connectors that I also use for the yards on my ships, and also notice the "Raft Raiders 2010":

oldmillnf1.jpg

There's not much contrast at all among the rock walls and cobbled flooring when you see it with your own eyes - the stupid flash from the camera is really taken up by the light gray bricks, and you can't even tell the flooring from the walls!

Anyway, enjoy the photos.

-CCOOK :jollyroger:

Edited by CCOOK

Wow, thats a real beauty. The interior detail and design are really pleasing to the eye. Once i finish my latest ship i cant wait to post it on here. Im 25 and the love for pirate legos seems to keep getting stronger with age haha. Timeless they are.

This has got a really unique feel and style to it. You've managed to cram it full of great details too :thumbup: