Superkalle

[KEY TOPIC] LDD 4 Bugs and brick errors

Another bug: Referring back to my earlier post, I always have to insert a Baseplate beneath the layer of Plates to add more Bricks/Plates on top as LDD usually prioritize attaching it beneath the Plates, which actually lowers the ground level slightly. When doing that, I discovered that if you attach one Baseplate the ground level can be restored by deleting it, but if you attach two or more Baseplates this will happen: after deleting all of them either separately or together (by selecting all of them first) the ground level is not restored, therefore slightly lower than the original. This means that you then have to move everything to fix the issue, which can be quite costly if you have a large model as it may crash during the moves, causing you to loose parts/all of your work (the unsaved bits). As a result, restoration of the ground level should happen no matter how many Baseplates you attach beneath your normal ground level.

I had this issue:

2 years ago. LDD tried to place the brick *below* the baseplate that has no connecting point. It does seems worse now day, LDD is completely ignoring line of sight and tries to place the new piece at the lowest spot.

Got to remember LDD were originally made for young kids and for making project that are simple in design like young children Creator sets. It is not surprising that part placement can get weird when you try to have a few floating parts and empty space below parts. People who assembled a massive 100k + project probably have lots of lost parts hiding in the wrong places that aren't visible at all.

I have some funny glitches.

Click on the links.

This first one has happened to me a bunch of times.

http://bricksafe.com/files/fanders/ldd-glitches/LDD%20Glitch%201.png

Next I have this one.

The top template is a round ring made of grey bricks that is a piece of a tower I stacked up.

The middle one is a miniscale tree which turned into a bunch of random parts of LDD.

The last one is the hot girl standing there which I use for making minifig scale houses. You can click on the link to see one of the houses (Rivendell).

http://bricksafe.com/files/fanders/ldd-glitches/Screen%20Shot%202016-05-27%20at%209.48.31%20PM%20%20%2005%20,27,%202016.png

http://bricksafe.com/files/fanders/ldd-glitches/LDD%20Glitch%202.png

Then one time when I needed a servo motor template (this was before LDD got them) and the image below shows what happened when I opened it. The I opened it up again and the second image showed up. They look like the almost fit together. I never built something like this and that is not what the servo motor template looks like.

http://bricksafe.com/files/fanders/ldd-glitches/LDD%20Glitch%203.png

http://bricksafe.com/files/fanders/ldd-glitches/LDD%20Glitch%204.png

Next I opened LDD one time and one of my little brother's models had a screwed up image. This has happened to me twice.

http://bricksafe.com/files/fanders/ldd-glitches/LDD%20Glitch%205.png

Then, this might have been said before, but the outer cable 88 mm screws up when you bend it.

http://bricksafe.com/files/fanders/ldd-glitches/LDD%20Glitch%205.png

Of course there has been many other funny ones but I was either not able to or couldn't take a screenshot.

Has any of these happened to anyone else?

Edited by fandersj

@fandersj

The issues you've displayed are likely related to your graphics card and the drivers for it. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your card.

Also, it seems several of the pictures in your post show the same type of error, and so the post becomes unnecessarily large/long. Please consider reducing the size of the images and the number of them and it will make it easier for others to get an overview.

The last issue with the twisted tube has been discussed before. It's a known bug. If you want to read more, please do a search in the forum (can't remember the topic on the top of my head).

@fandersj

The issues you've displayed are likely related to your graphics card and the drivers for it. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your card.

Also, it seems several of the pictures in your post show the same type of error, and so the post becomes unnecessarily large/long. Please consider reducing the size of the images and the number of them and it will make it easier for others to get an overview.

The last issue with the twisted tube has been discussed before. It's a known bug. If you want to read more, please do a search in the forum (can't remember the topic on the top of my head).

Thanks,

I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with my computer.

Yes, I realised the images were really big but only after I posted it.

How do I make them smaller on here? As far as I can tell you can't in the comment thing.

I Fixed it.

Edited by fandersj

First of all, I'd like to say that this will be my first-ever post on any Eurobricks forum, so hello, world!

But to the point, I've found a couple of bugs, like this one (don't know if anyone else has found it), where I attached a 1x1 round plate to a 1x1 brick with four studs on the sides (commonly called a Travis brick):

RHbAd9w.png

Another one I've found (again, don't know if anyone else has) is that some combinations with the double-molded legs (called MINI LOWER PART NO.2 in LDD) seem to be nigh-impossible to get right.

3v6swVZ.png

Has anyone had problems importing .lxf files from saved models. I recently re-installed Windows 10 and LDD, i just tried to import and open my saved models and it just causes the software to hang.

I tried re-installing LDD and it did not help. I did manage to get it to import the file, but when it does import it, the model shows up but then LDD freezes. I am hoping my files are not corrupt because these are the only files I have of my models.

If I have to uninstall LDD and reinstall, does anyone know how to save templates already saved within LDD?

ALSO, I recently upgraded my GPU to an Nvidia GTX 980 Ti from an AMD 7870HD x2. Does that have anything to do with it?

That screenshot looks like "artifacts" Meaning there is something wrong with the hardware (in this case the GPU)

http://www.bing.com/...ing&FORM=HDRSC2

Thank you for everyone's help. I can now tell you that all issues related to that NVidia Card have been fixed after I sent my laptop for servicing. The entire motherboard was replaced so everything should be fine from now on!

And here is a new collision error I found recently (possibly a second one as well).

As seen here, a Sign - Stop (Part 3900) is hung vertically on the wall beside a Cup Without Wreath (Part 6269) but this should be impossible. However, the weird thing is these two bricks were NOT REMOVED after I restarted LDD!

Also I'm not sure if this should work or not, but referring to here, a pair of Scissors W. 3.2 Shaft (Part 18920) is hung vertically on the wall using a Brick 1x1 W/Holder (Part 60475), which is also in between two of them. My question is whether the Scissors can actually fit between the two Holders as the space seems a bit tight. Anyway it is once again not removed after I restarted LDD so I may be wrong.

Found a bug with the 1x4 lattice fence piece... functionally, it's identical to a 1x4 panel. The holes in it aren't even programmed. I haven't been able to put anything through it. Discovered this with Tiger Widow Island, and again with Big Ben and the Lighthouse Siege. This piece has been used for sideways building a number of times in official sets, so what's up?

Found a bug with the 1x4 lattice fence piece... functionally, it's identical to a 1x4 panel. The holes in it aren't even programmed. I haven't been able to put anything through it. Discovered this with Tiger Widow Island, and again with Big Ben and the Lighthouse Siege. This piece has been used for sideways building a number of times in official sets, so what's up?

At the time the element was created in LDD several years ago, it wasn't legal to attach a stud to the lattice, so they never bothered to add attachment points. Yes, nowadays it is legal it seems, but I guess it's just one of those things on the "todo-list" at TLG.

As for not being able to stick something through the lattice (for example a 3.2 mm bar as in the London Tower Bridge set), it's just a bug.

Oh, OK. Funny how standards of building have changed, and blatantly illegal techniques can be put into AFOL-oriented sets... like that desk in the Firehouse HQ...

Here's another collision error I just found.

As seen here, a Minifigure is standing in front of a table built out of Cupboards with a Plate on top (with a one Brick gap in between the two) but in this case it should be impossible for the Minifigure's arms and hands to be rotated to an upright position (Right Arm: 0° and Left Arm: -180°) and other nearby positions as the edges of both hands are colliding with the edge of the Plate/Cupboards beneath. However, the weird thing is both the entire Minifigure and all parts of the table were NOT REMOVED after I restarted LDD!

Part 98567 TOOL BELT, 17 MODULE is broken in LDD. It has a nasty tendency to twist around in impossible ways and render the attachment points unusable. I was attempting to build 76055 today and ran into this problem... there's no way to flex it into, say, a technic half pin from another one 8 studs over and then straighten it out. It'll twist around as previously described. Oh, and when I tried to move the model that employed two of these--the Dentures of Doom--LDD crashed. Didn't stop working or give me an error message, it just closed out of nowhere. I'll see if I can get a picture of this weirdness...

640x528.jpg

Sorry for bad writing, Paint isn't easy to draw in with mouse...

Edited by PicnicBasketSam

Here's mine, it is before the latest update , but worth looking at

640x334.jpg

Also I love when LDD messes with pieces if using Hinge Align Tool (After the newest update) :

LDD%20Glitch%201.png

Also the program doesn't knows what a circle is, and if you incline any round piece which is at ground level ,it "floats"

640x377.jpg

Edited by LXF

Also the program doesn't knows what a circle is, and if you incline any round piece which is at ground level, it "floats"

[image]

You had to turn the wheels and change the gear rotation. I hope the LDD Team has to look at that issue in the future, so that the boundary box doesn't "lower" the scene floor like that (too).

Edited by KamalMYafi

Also the program doesn't knows what a circle is, and if you incline any round piece which is at ground level ,it "floats"

You can fix this by turning the wheel so that the boundary box is horizontal with the ground.

You had to turn the wheels and change the gear rotation. I hope the LDD Team has to look at that issue in the future, so that the boundary box doesn't "lower" the scene floor like that (too).

You can fix this by turning the wheel so that the boundary box is horizontal with the ground.

I already knew how to fix it ,I'm using LDD for a long time, it is just funny to see . I hope they don't fix that, because it makes a lot easier to work with underside of the model without having to see the "Translucent plate" or changing the position of the model. Right now I'm using that and I like it. Edited by LXF

I already knew how to fix it ,I'm using LDD for a long time, it is just funny to see . I hope they don't fix that, because it makes a lot easier to work with underside of the model without having to see the "Translucent plate" or changing the position of the model. Right now I'm using that and I like it.

You could still attach a high brick under your model to lower the “ground.”

It’s more effective: the brick(s) can be higher than the wheel’s bounding box’s corner.

Might even be easier to add/(re)move that brick than turning a wheel.

I already knew how to fix it, I'm using LDD for a long time, [...]

I knew you used it for a long time, because your 'nickname' was LXF. And that's an LDD file extension. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just a little bug I found with TUBE W. KNOB 1 2/3, Metalized. If you view the brick from above, one can see through the sides.

357oytw.png

I don't know if anyone has reported this bug before, but Part 43888 Column 1x1x6 has the same problem with the Metalized Tube mentioned in the quoted post, where one can see through the sides when viewing the inside of the hollow Stud from the top. After testing I found that this issue with both Bricks is only present when the Brick is securely inserted in LDD, but when moving the two Bricks around the issue is not found. Edited by suenkachun

Here's another bug which I found recently.  Referring to this screenshot I have used the new 1/4 Circle Tile 1x1 (Part 25269) in Black for the curved edges of my Grand Piano, but the two Studs beneath the two Curved Plates have disappeared for no reason!  To get them back on you have to select the Tiles and place them back onto their original locations, but here's an interesting glitch when doing that: if you move them one by one the first one will be recovered, then when you move the second one and fix it the first one will change back to unrecovered, therefore you have to select all of them and move them in one go!  As I actually have three groups of two Circle Tiles on my Grand Piano I tried moving them two by two, then the first two changed back to unrecovered after I moved the second two.  However, after you move the Tiles your file has nothing to save so you might have to move them every time you reopen your file.

vZeoKNw.jpg

Looks like stud to stud contact is allowed but I doubt this can work with real brick due to raised LEGO logo on studs and would bend other parts slightly out of system.

LDD file: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Lego-0taku/ldd/trash.lxf  I was trying to build a green recycle and trash bin on wheel similar to a picture I saw and when I got to the back end, it just doesn't look right.    Using 4.3.10 that I just updated recently.

Here are four more bugs in LDD.

1. When I was using the "Hinge Tool" I discovered this glitch where the text box for inserting values will overlap the curser and the little yellowish box.

2. When building a statue I discovered this tiny collision error where the vertical studs will actually collide with the Plate With Bow in front by about half a milimeter! Although it's very minor a collision error is a collision error which means that it's not possible in reality.

3. When building a car I discovered this collision error where the tyre is allowed to be inserted into such a narrow space! The two exact tyres involved are Tyre Ø17,6 X 6,24 (Part 42611) and Tyre Ø17,6 X 6,24 (Part 92409) where both can be inserted as shown in the image. In fact you can even place bricks directly next to the two tyres on both sides without having to use them properly in a build!

4. When building the same statue in no. 2 I also discovered this situation where the bottoms of the two slanting bricks have vanished for no reason, but when youre dragging them along like this the bottoms of the bricks have reappeared as usual, so this error only happens when you insert the bricks into place.

I found a few glitches with this part when building with it

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=92715c01#T=C&C=85

1. It can't be rotated when connected to any pin or hinge piece

2. When using the group selection tool. It doesn't register that it's connected to parts via the axle holes. It seems to treat the brick base and the little orange wheels as separate components.