Superkalle

[KEY TOPIC] LDD 4 Bugs and brick errors

Connector #1 ID 32013 wont accept studded connections like 1x1 bricks, etc...

Yupp, it's known. There seems to have been some glitch in the latest brick update, because that, and two other connector elements lost their connection.

I found a bug with 6539 DRIVING RING: it does not in 6573 DIFFERENTIALE GEAR CASING (though it should be able to).

6539%20error.png

Another "buggy" thing: the corrugated/ribbed hoses are way too stiff (when using the Flex Tool).

Edited by Stephan

I've just encountered an unsettling issue and I don't know if it's the software or my computer. Lego Digital Designer just started crashing when I try to save a model. The first time it happened I lost a small model I had started on, the second time I tried saving as soon as I added the first piece and the same thing happened. Each time, the model apparently started to save (with an LXF appearing in my models folder with the name I had chosen), but the file was unreadable every time.

I just recently had my computer serviced, but LDD had been working perfectly well since then—at least until now. Whatever's responsible, I'm hoping that it's something that can be easily fixed.

EDIT: Since I haven't gotten any response on this, I've tried troubleshooting myself. I tried naming my file differently; no luck. I tried saving a file with just a single 1x1 brick; no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled LDD to see if that would fix this; no luck. I'd really, really appreciate some help with this problem, because until it's fixed LDD is practically unusable for me.

Edited by Lyichir

I've got some more doozies:

16751316070_d3b03db8ff_z.jpgsuspension arm bugs by Saberwing007, on Flickr

The blue parts are #6572, and have intersection errors with the pin holes of both parts #57515, and #15459, and the sockets of #57515, but not #15459.

The red parts are #6571, and have no intersection errors with their sockets, or the sockets of any other part. However, they do have errors with the pin holes of #57515 and #15459

The green parts are #2852, and #11949, which have no bugs.

The nougat parts are #15460, and have errors with the pin holes and sockets of both parts #57515, and #15459.

The light blue parts are #6628 and #2736, which have intersections with the pin holes of #15459, but not #57515. They also have errors with the sockets of both parts.

The pink parts are #15459.

The yellow parts are #57515.

Any updates on the Colour Palettes "Bug" yet? The main issue exists in LDD extended, where both Colour Palettes in the Colour Filter of the Brick Palette and in the Paint Tool requires a scrolling feature so that we can access all the colours. The temporary solution now is to use the top part of the list of Colours via the Colour Palette in the Paint Tool and use the Colour Filter for the rest of the Colours.

Edited by suenkachun

I just found a new error. Last time I mentioned that one of the designs of the Mini Head (Part 3626) is duplicated (Image). Recently, I discovered that the back of another design of the Mini Head looked really weird. As shown in the image here, the colours went all wrong at the back of the Mini Head, and the corresponding design of the Mini Head is highlighted in the Brick Palette by the red square.

I just found a new error. Last time I mentioned that one of the designs of the Mini Head (Part 3626) is duplicated (Image). Recently, I discovered that the back of another design of the Mini Head looked really weird. As shown in the image here, the colours went all wrong at the back of the Mini Head, and the corresponding design of the Mini Head is highlighted in the Brick Palette by the red square.

Well spotted both of them

Also, any updates about the printing of bricks? Here's a final summary as I've posted different contents on this issues a few times already and I've found more information recently. Please add to the list as I might have missed some out!

Bricks missing printing: most of the animals, Mini Teddy Bear (Part 98382), Electric Guitar Shaft (Part 11640), some of the head designs.

Bricks which have both a printed and plain version (in reality most of them shouldn't have a plain version): Medium Nought Kitten (Part 6251), Chihuahua Dog (Part 12888), Small Ape (Part 95327), Mini Electric Guitar (Part 93564), some of the head designs such as Robot Head 2 (Part 98384), some of the head pieces, Base Plates With Roads (Straight, Curved, T-crossing, Crossing), Mini Brush (Part 93552, the tip of the brush), Mini Palette (Part 93551), Maraca W/Shaft Ø3,2 (Part 90508), Pom Poms (Part 87997), Ghettoblaster (Part 93221), Mini Figure Snow Board (Part 93218), Surf Board W, Knob (Part 90397), Mini Shield (Part 98367), Mini Bagpipe W. Ø3.2 Shaft (Part 99252), Mini Steak/W Ø3,2 Shaft (Part 98732).

Bricks in the wrong colour or have missing colours: Hedgehog (Part 98389, missing printing also), Electric Guitar Shaft (Part 11640, missing printing as well and should be in red also as seen in the Rock Star Minifigure), Pom Poms (Part 87997, should be in red and white also as seen in the Red Cheerleader Minifigure).

Some Bricks can have printing added to them in LDD Extended, such as the Cats (Part 13786) and the Kittens (Part 6251), but they are still lacking certain printing. For example, the Cats can have eyes and nose added, but the patch beneath their heads and the stripes on the two sides of the Dark Orange Cat (as seen in the Mrs Scratchen-Post Minifigure) still can't be added to the Cats.

As I said before, all parts with printing in reality should look exactly the same in the Regular Mode of LDD and no plain version of these parts should exist unless they have one in reality. If a part has more than one design (with printing included) in reality, LEGO should simply inset one copy of each design in the Regular Mode of LDD.

EDIT: Two new errors: First, three bricks have a colour included in their names, but they are not necessarily provided in those colours in the Regular Mode Of LDD. The first one is Ball Ø 52 mm, Charcoal grey (Part 23065), which is provided in Dark Stone Grey, Medium Stone Gery, Bright Red, Bright Yellow and Bright Blue. Next is the Gold Ingot (Part 99563), which is provided in Medium Stone Grey and Silver Metallic. Finally, the Antique Key, Gold (Part 62808) is provided in Dark Stone Gery. These bricks should be clarified as their names are quite confusing at the moment. Next, some Bricks have a slightly incorrect name. The most obvious example are the four wigs made especially for the Harry Potter Theme, including Harry Potters Wig (Part 40233), Hagrids Wig (Part 40238), Dumbledores Wig (Part 40239) and Rons Wig (Part 40240). All the names of these wigs should have an 's after the name of each character, instead of just an s. If we look at the Boy's Wig, Horse's Tail (Part 95226), we can see that LEGO has included this before, so they should do the same for the four wigs mentioned above.

Edited by suenkachun

Any updates on the Colour Palettes "Bug" yet? The main issue exists in LDD extended, where both Colour Palettes in the Colour Filter of the Brick Palette and in the Paint Tool requires a scrolling feature so that we can access all the colours. The temporary solution now is to use the top part of the list of colours via the Colour Palette in the Paint Tool and use the Colour Filter for the rest of the Colours.

Referring to my earlier post, I just found a similar situation elsewhere in LDD. When using the Paint Tool in the regular mode of LDD, extremely long Brick Lists also need the scrolling feature added so that we can access the Bricks in the lower half of the lists. These include: Mini Head, Mini Upper Part and Mini Lower Part, where all three types of Bricks have so many designs that currently we can only select the design we need from the Brick Palette itself. In LDD Extended, the scrolling feature was already available when using the Decoration Tool on the above three Bricks, so why not make it available in the Brick Lists and Colour Palettes as soon as possible? Thank you for everyone's attention! Edited by suenkachun

Referring to my earlier post, I just found a similar situation elsewhere in LDD. When using the Paint Tool in the regular mode of LDD, extremely long Brick Lists also need the scrolling feature added so that we can access the Bricks in the lower half of the lists. These include: Mini Head, Mini Upper Part and Mini Lower Half, where all three types of Bricks have so many designs that currently we can only select the design we need from the Brick Palette itself. In LDD Extended, the scrolling feature was already available when using the Decoration Tool on the above three Bricks, so why not make it available in the Brick Lists and Colour Palettes as soon as possible? Thank you for everyone's attention!

I like your idea. :classic: However, I think the LEGO Digital Designer development team needs to fix the following bug before they work on your idea.

Here's the bug report (modified to include the image I linked to in the report) I filed with LEGO about the Decoration Tool's scrolling feature:

In LEGO Digital Designer, the scrolling decoration palettes only work for less than a minute before scrolling stops responding. In addition, the mouse wheel cannot be used to scroll in these palettes.

scrollingpalette.png

[My System Specs]

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad CPU

4 GB RAM

GeForce GTS 250; DirectX 11

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Please pass on this bug report to the LEGO Digital Designer development team. Thank you.

I like your idea. :classic: However, I think the LEGO Digital Designer development team needs to fix the following bug before they work on your idea.

Here's the bug report (modified to include the image I linked to in the report) I filed with LEGO about the Decoration Tool's scrolling feature:

Very true! Thanks for reminding me, as I also experienced something similar while going through the Mini Head, Mini Upper Part and Mini Lower Part (not Lower Half, sorry for the typo!). Therefore, the LDD team needs to address the scrolling errors in current locations where scrolling is being enabled before they add the feature to the Colour Palettes, Brick Palettes and Brick Lists! Edited by suenkachun

It happens to me too...

And it would be very nice to have bigger pictures of the torsos. They are actually microscopic. I need a powerful glasses and go inside the PC screen...

It happens to me too...

And it would be very nice to have bigger pictures of the torsos. They are actually microscopic. I need a powerful glasses and go inside the PC screen...

Thanks for pointing that out! When I tried to search for a particular design of the Mini Upper Part in LDD Extended, it took me ages to find a design, and eventually the answer was it wasn't there, so I gave up and used something else instead! Edited by suenkachun

It happens to me too...

Legs can be even worse! Particularly when you have to keep track of prints on multiple sides of them. At least in that case there are fewer to search through...

Found a new error, this time with part 87618. For some reason, it can't be attached to a Technic axle hole at 45 degrees.

87618 Error

EDIT: Found two more "errors". Firstly, part 32187 should have stud connectivity on both the outside and the inside: 32187 Error

Secondly (and less likely to be fixed), 3.2mm bars like part 87994 should technically be able to fit into the underside of part 43888, despite not being a connection as such. All of these errors were discovered while building set 70734 Master Wu Dragon, which as it turns out uses a fair share of bonkers, if legal, techniques.

EDIT 2: Dang! Yet another error with part 43888. This time it's a boundary error—the top section doesn't seem to have a round collision box, which prevents parts from being attached next to it when it's rotated. 43888 Error

Edited by Lyichir

Found a new error, this time with part 87618. For some reason, it can't be attached to a Technic axle hole at 45 degrees.

https://www.flickr.c...N08/18555341518

EDIT: Found two more "errors". Firstly, part 32187 should have stud connectivity on both the outside and the inside: https://www.flickr.c...N08/18556353248

Secondly (and less likely to be fixed), 3.2mm bars like part 87994 should technically be able to fit into the underside of part 43888, despite not being a connection as such. All of these errors were discovered while building set 70734 Master Wu Dragon, which as it turns out uses a fair share of bonkers, if legal, techniques.

EDIT 2: Dang! Yet another error with part 43888. This time it's a boundary error—the top section doesn't seem to have a round collision box, which prevents parts from being attached next to it when it's rotated. https://www.flickr.c...N08/18558266269

Great finds! :thumbup:

11295 BOTTOM 6X8 W. DOUBLE BOW INVERTED doesn't let anything attach to its right side:

11295%20error%201.png11295%20error%202.png

Legs can be even worse! Particularly when you have to keep track of prints on multiple sides of them. At least in that case there are fewer to search through...

Don't forget decos on a minifigure's arms, they are the hardest to find as the images are so small! However, at least it has the fewest designs to search for/match...

New Bug: The Ring ø.7.5 (Part 10067) can't be attached to anything for now, such as a Minifigure's hand.

New Bug: The Ring ø.7.5 (Part 10067) can't be attached to anything for now, such as a Minifigure's hand.

It will attach to a stud/minifigure hand, but only one way, so you may have to swap it over. The reason is to prevent illegal builds since two studs cannot fit simultaneously.

It will attach to a stud/minifigure hand, but only one way, so you may have to swap it over. The reason is to prevent illegal builds since two studs cannot fit simultaneously.

Interestingly, it also fits on a Technic axle, which caught me by surprise since while it's definitely a legal connection I don't think it's ever been used in sets that way.

Speaking of which, part 4151 (8x8 Grid Plate) LACKS connectivity with Technic axles in the center hole. You can scaffold them into place, but they won't connect like they do to other plates with Technic hole. Additionally, if you do happen to get an axle through the center, part 6589 (the 12-tooth crown gear) will not fit underneath (with the center ring sliding into the anti-stud cavity) the way it can with other Technic plates. This prevents you from using a part like 6585 directly underneath the 8x8 grid plate to gear a vertical axle to turn.

Speaking of which, part 4151 (8x8 Grid Plate) LACKS connectivity with Technic axles in the center hole. You can scaffold them into place, but they won't connect like they do to other plates with Technic hole. Additionally, if you do happen to get an axle through the center, part 6589 (the 12-tooth crown gear) will not fit underneath (with the center ring sliding into the anti-stud cavity) the way it can with other Technic plates. This prevents you from using a part like 6585 directly underneath the 8x8 grid plate to gear a vertical axle to turn.

Good find! I'm forwarding this as a report to the LDD Team as always :classic: