Superkalle

[KEY TOPIC] LDD 4 Bugs and brick errors

It's probably already been mentionned before, but just in case :

While building the VW Camper Van, I noticed that the wall element 1x2x1 is actually not in the category illustrated by it. Instead it is in the category with the door.

ldd_ui_bug.jpg

It's probably already been mentionned before, but just in case :

While building the VW Camper Van, I noticed that the wall element 1x2x1 is actually not in the category illustrated by it. Instead it is in the category with the door.

Already mentioned in a separate topic specifically for that type of inconsistency: Category errors in 4.1.8.

Ah, I didn't know about that topic... I would have checked it there...

I don't know what the politic is for pinned topics, but it would be nice to have those about reporting bugs and such stuck on top of the first page...

As the category one is already almost relegated on the second page...

Ah, I didn't know about that topic... I would have checked it there...

I don't know what the politic is for pinned topics, but it would be nice to have those about reporting bugs and such stuck on top of the first page...

As the category one is already almost relegated on the second page...

Yes, you're right. Should have done that earlier. Fixed now. :classic:

Also, many connections between a System stud and Technic hole are still not possible, and the reasons don't seem to have anything to do with legality of the connections. A 1x1 plate can attach by the stud to the Technic holes of parts 6541 and 32013, for instance, but not to part 6632. All of these problems are able to come up in DbM mode.

I experienced the same issue with part 32013, as shown below. It cannot be attached to a simple 1x2 brick.

post-21230-131994130519.png

Hello, I'm new to eurobricks. Is there anyway to improve the performance of LDD?

It crashes a lot. I can't even move the model without it crashing, even on my small models.

Also, is there any other Lego software that can handle huge models (around 15,000 to 30,000 bricks)?

@ ATonOfBricks: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: You may have to turn of LDD's Advanced Graphics feature -- read about it on this Eurobricks LDD Troubleshooting Guide.

I can assure you that LDD can handle models of 15,000-30,000 bricks in size -- read about Alienwar9's huge LDD cityscapes here. You need a powerful computer, though. He has this on his 3-year old computer:

Windows Vista 32-bit

Intel Core 2 extreme QX6700 2.66Ghz (clocked to 3.2Ghz, quad core)

4Gb DDR2 6400 RAM (800 MHz)

Nvidia EVGA GTX 460 1024mb (overclocked, new part. My old one fried because of LDD actually )

150GB 10,000 rpm hard-drive

2TB total extra hard-drive space

Hello, I'm new to eurobricks. Is there anyway to improve the performance of LDD?

It crashes a lot. I can't even move the model without it crashing, even on my small models.

Also, is there any other Lego software that can handle huge models (around 15,000 to 30,000 bricks)?

Welcome to the forum. :classic:

However, please note your question should not have been posted in the "LDD 4 Bugs and brick errors" - this topic is for explicit bugs or errors, not general questions.

Thanks.

I'm fairly sure that these shouldn't fit together without the bogey plate being stressed.

ldd_bug.png

I even tested it with real bricks - the bottom part pops out much easier than with 1 plate with technic hole.

I'm fairly sure that these shouldn't fit together without the bogey plate being stressed.

ldd_bug.png

I even tested it with real bricks - the bottom part pops out much easier than with 1 plate with technic hole.

Good find. It seems LDD is fooled into this by the first plate you position. Funny thing is too that you can't place a half-beam on the peg.

I'm reporting a bug that I encountered while building 10027 Train Shed in LDD.

I do not know whether this has been reported yet.

The white bar that is supposed to be the axle of the red lathe, does not fit all the way into metallic tube 71075.

Instead, it stops in the stud, leaving it protruding at the right end of the lathe.

See picture - white bar is coloured green for clarity.

71075_stud_not_open_problem.jpg

For lxf of 10027 Train Shed see http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41226&view=findpost&p=965039

Edited by Sjuip

I'm reporting a bug that I encountered while building 10027 Train Shed in LDD.

Good find. :thumbup:

I at least haven't seen that before.

Another bug. I don't know if it's been reported yet.

It seems to be a boundary problem with part 30407 Flap.

I came across this when trying to build Rescue Helicopter 7903 in LDD (4.1.8, Extended).

Apparently, LDD does not allow another brick to be attached to underside of part 30407, if it is protruding beyond the positions.

On the helicopter, it does (checked with real bricks) in order to form a rotorblade.

See screenshot.

30407_boundary_problem.jpg

Yet another bug.

Again, I do not know whether it has been reported yet, but it concernes a rather unique element, which so far (according to Peeron) has only been used in set 7242 Street Sweeper.

Part 2578 Shield Box is not modelled correctly, therefore it does not want to connect to the ball of part 3729.

See screenshot

2578_shield_box_modelling_problem.jpg

For picture of actual element see http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2578?img=19246

Yet another bug.

Again, I do not know whether it has been reported yet, but it concernes a rather unique element, which so far (according to Peeron) has only been used in set 7242 Street Sweeper.

Part 2578 Shield Box is not modelled correctly, therefore it does not want to connect to the ball of part 3729.

See screenshot

2578_shield_box_modelling_problem.jpg

For picture of actual element see http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2578?img=19246

Hm, 2578 seems to exist in a variety of versions.

The one in LDD corresponds to 2578b in BrickLink, even though it is actually missing one of the connecting panels AND it does not connect to 3928. (So that is a bug in itself!).

The element used in 7242 Street Sweeper seems to be an updated version and corresponds to 2578a. What the correct DesignID is for that one I don't know. But it seems even TLG got it wrong. Search for 7242 here and you'll find that TLG mark the replacement part as 2578, also showing the old geometry (same the one in LDD).

It'd be interesting if anyone that has the set 7242 could see what the DesignID is (marked inside the "shield box").

It'd be interesting if anyone that has the set 7242 could see what the DesignID is (marked inside the "shield box").

I have set 7242, and the DesignID on that part is 2578. I hope LEGO adds the new part to LDD alongside the old one, since the old one is needed for set 6645.

-Toa Of Justice

My son owns the set - that's why I came across it.

Just checked and Toa_of _Justice is right: the design ID is 2578.

I already had noticed that the geometry on the TLG Lost Parts site is the same as in LDD - anyway it does not resemble the tow-ball fitting on the actual part.

Maybe they used the model in LDD for the picture at the Lost Parts site?

Hello,

i found some bugs:

1: geometry bug in "4151 Grid plate"

ldderror4.png

When i was trying build "7213 Off-Road Fire Truck & Fireboat", i found bug (possible geometry error) in 4151 Grid plate. As you can see on the picture, at one side, that thing what is in green square, can be placed bellow 4151 but at another side it can't be placed. As I found, 4151 have two "bad" and two "good" sides (last part of picture showing good in green and bad in red sides)

2.telescope error

ldderror2.png

I was unable to add 2351 telescope to 57779 telescope arm. I don't have any save with this so i can't test if LDD remove it.

3.error

ldderror1.png

when i was trying rotate this on my model (tow truck), LDD crashed BUT when I removed the arm from car, it will rotate without any error

EDIT: when I got both plates with fork, and move it "totally down" it will stuck and sometimes it crash LDD, but if is one of them removed it will work without problem

4.robot inaccuracy

ldderror3.png

maybe you ask "Buddy, what are you talking about?" (note: my name in English is buddy, friend). I'll try explain it. If you build "Bad robot" and grab his higher parts (all except legs) and try move them, you'll see, you can move to be more on left or right. If you build something like in the picture you'll see, on one side can be add for example wall element 4215 but you can't add it to another side. As you can see in photo bellow, in real life is possible to do this. It looks like the robot arms or his body is oversized in LDD. I would like to ask, if TLG could sightly edit that robot to fit between these brick.

dsc0060n.jpg

I added an LFX file so you can try this.

(if the picture are too big , size or resolution tell me)

Edited by kamos

I found a nasty bug with part 60169. It swirls around randomly when trying to flex it.

Before:

lego_chain_bug_1_resized.jpg

After:

lego_chain_bug_2_resized.jpg

That often happens when LDD is having trouble processing. How big is the model you're using it on? Often I find it helps to copy and paste the parts you're attaching it to into a new file, flex it there, and then copy and paste the flexed chain back to your original model. That's not to say that this isn't a bug, but just me trying to inform you of some workarounds.

That often happens when LDD is having trouble processing. How big is the model you're using it on? Often I find it helps to copy and paste the parts you're attaching it to into a new file, flex it there, and then copy and paste the flexed chain back to your original model. That's not to say that this isn't a bug, but just me trying to inform you of some workarounds.

Can you (or kamos) post a LXF where this phenomena could occur?

Hmm, I tried, but I couldn't get it to happen again. Oh well. Maybe Kamos could do it?

Tried with (possible) same parts as you but it didn't happen.

Hi

Finaly got around to answering this

1: geometry bug in "4151 Grid plate"

ldderror4.png

This is an illegal design from TLG. The flange on the yellow techic element (by the x-axle hole) portrudes into the 4151 plate. After re-building, I found that the error occurs on both sides.

2.telescope error

ldderror2.png

I was unable to add 2351 telescope to 57779 telescope arm. I don't have any save with this so i can't test if LDD remove it.

The 2351 is the old telescope and 57779 the new arm. I'm not sure they go together with physcial bricks either.

3.error

ldderror1.png

when i was trying rotate this on my model (tow truck), LDD crashed BUT when I removed the arm from car, it will rotate without any error

EDIT: when I got both plates with fork, and move it "totally down" it will stuck and sometimes it crash LDD, but if is one of them removed it will work without problem

I haven't been able to reproduce this.

4.robot inaccuracy

ldderror3.png

maybe you ask "Buddy, what are you talking about?" (note: my name in English is buddy, friend). I'll try explain it. If you build "Bad robot" and grab his higher parts (all except legs) and try move them, you'll see, you can move to be more on left or right. If you build something like in the picture you'll see, on one side can be add for example wall element 4215 but you can't add it to another side. As you can see in photo bellow, in real life is possible to do this. It looks like the robot arms or his body is oversized in LDD. I would like to ask, if TLG could sightly edit that robot to fit between these brick.

dsc0060n.jpg

This is a tricky one. It actually be that this is an illegal build also. I'm not sure that the width of the robotarms (including "hands") are narrower or wider then the glass.