BaronSat

MOC my NEW Bantha model

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello Star Wars fans,

Here's my new Bantha model. The old one was nice but too big in my opinion. I thnik this one has a better scale compared to the minifigs...

Tell me what you think, comments are welcome.

Bantha-01.jpg

Bantha-02.jpg

Bantha-03.jpg

Great work BaronSat, I really like this updated version. :thumbup:

67489.gif

It's maybe still a little bit to big, but the model looks really nice, I especially like the horns. :classic:

the Inventor

Man, I don't care if it is a tad big, it looks beautiful. Besides a new molded one that I doubt LEGO will do anytime soon, this is the best bantga I've seen.

I love it.

Thanks guys.

In fact I was afraid it's too small... hmm...

I made a shot with the Lego Patrol Dewback for comparison, I will put it here later.

In the meantime I hope for more opinions :classic:

It's cute! I wouldn't mind a few of these at all. :thumbup:

In fact I was afraid it's too small... hmm...

It's very close leaning towards smallish, but that works well here. Since they used actual elephants in costume for the movies, I would imagine that comparing it to the official LEGO elephant would be the best possible guide for accuracy, but I really like this version at this size.

That looks great. Is there any way you can have the fig stand inside the top of the bantha similarly to the molded horses and camels? I always though it looks better than the original brick-built Castle horses.

Hello!

A fantastic representation of the Bantha! Those 1x2 log bricks work perfectly to indicate the long fur of the creature. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Perfect work once again.

How about you flash us some inventory or instructions for this one?

I'd love to do a Sand People setup once and this could save me from trying to copy or even design a Bantha of my own :grin::blush:

AWESOME brickbuilt Bantha 'BaronSat' - fantastic detailing - some say it's too big, well you could say it's a big brother to another one eh ? :wink:

Great work again from you and may the brick be with you ! :grin:

If Lego ever made a bantha like this, i'd definetly buy it. Who needs a one piece mold if you can have this instead. Very detailed and in my opinion spot on concerning size.

Another spectacular Bantha, Baron! :wub:

I think the size is perfect, not to big at all. I like those horns alot!

Nice job once again!

CF

Edited by CommanderFox

It's definitely small enough; Tuskens sit atop Banthas, they don't really stradle them. If we compare this to the official Dewback, it's just about right. Great job, I'm especially impressed with the design of the horns.

Great Bantha! Hard to fault any details, it really looks quite realistic. The tan and brown work well and the dark orange saddle looks great.

Ooh, this is an amazing Bantha MOC, great job BaronSat! default_thumbup.gif I think the size is just perfectly fine. Besides, the highly-accurate brickbuild of it more than shadows the size issue. I really like the studded skin-effect, gives it the hairy texture of the real creature. I would love to see a herd of these grazing the Tatooine desserts together.

Wow, very nice work... IMO it is the perfect size, not too big and not too small! Great job! :thumbup:

I'd love to do a Sand People setup once and this could save me from trying to copy or even design a Bantha of my own :grin::blush:

Yes, I'd love the build your Bantha for my Tatooine-Diorama. The Size is well chosen and the "face" (the hardest part imo) is done perfectly! Great work.

Hey guys,

Thanks for your nice comments and various observations. So it seems the size is ok and the shape please many people, thanks that helps.

Now to answer some questions :

It's cute! I wouldn't mind a few of these at all. :thumbup:

It's very close leaning towards smallish, but that works well here. Since they used actual elephants in costume for the movies, I would imagine that comparing it to the official LEGO elephant would be the best possible guide for accuracy, but I really like this version at this size.

Good idea I will make a shot with a Lego elephant to see.

That's great! Definitly the best bantha I've seen yet- though is the tail really that long?

Yes, from various photos and sketches I used to create my model it's that long.

That looks great. Is there any way you can have the fig stand inside the top of the bantha similarly to the molded horses and camels? ...

No because as Brickdoctor said :

It's definitely small enough; Tuskens sit atop Banthas, they don't really stradle them. If we compare this to the official Dewback, it's just about right. Great job, I'm especially impressed with the design of the horns.

Perfect work once again.

Sorry KimT, but I will keep instructions secrets as I preview to put that model on sale in my shop soon...