Sign in to follow this  
Tomcat RIO

Caribbean Capital

thanks all for the kind words. this is my first major modular ship MOC, the previous were very basic mods and brickbuilt. I would try to improve the modular style for my other MOC WIPs currently under way.

and Captain Becker, I agree with you, the cabin looks a bit squarish and linear compared tot eh rest of the ship. It is probably my lack of sloped and inverted slope bricks that I am unable to make a better gradient for the back. If in future i amass more bricks I will come back and modify that section.

And yeah you can copy the idea for the ship's bell, i assume everybody on the pirates forum has at some point or another obtained a pirate's coconut tree, so sacrificing 1 stem for the essential ship's bell might be of no harm... I used Testor's Enamel Silver paint, but i found that my sister's silver coloured nail polish works fine too :)

anyway, here's the late update I promised.

the officer's mess, dining room. what a delicious spread of food!

ccsdp22-1.jpg

ccsdp23.jpg

Captain now has a cape - "hey, am i suave in this.. oooh

ccsdp21.jpg

of course, being an 'impeiral soldiers' ship, there has got to be something to be imperial about. like a king. Or a lord. And therefore introducing King Leo from the castle Fantasy, making a cameo.

King Leo: "I'm still a bluecoat by any name."

ccsdp2-1.jpg

the captain's cabin in detail. a chair, table with lots of map, glassware and a seahawk from his previous command.

ccsdp24.jpg

ccsdp25.jpg

the bed flips open to reveal the gold treasures under the pillow. hehehehe

ccsdp26.jpg

a mirror and a hat stand. mirror is actually a stickered roundtile from space series, can't exactly remember, probably the exploriens from the 90s.

ccsdp27.jpg

moving below the captain's cabin, once the blue modular section is removed, the shipmates and officers bunk is revealed.

the mate's bunk is in the middle of 2 stairways leading up to the sun deck, and down to the gun deck. strategic location for quick movement anywhere by resting crews, in case of emergency. the drum, trumpet of war is also housed here.

ccsdp211.jpg

ccsdp28.jpg

ccsdp213.jpg

the officer's cabin is more fanciful. 1 of my oficers is a naturalist-botanist, hence the many specimens, treasures and glassware of preserved items.

ccsdp212.jpg

ccsdp210.jpg

ccsdp29.jpg

ccsdp222.jpg

and below the mate's cabin, which when removed, reveals the kitchen.

ccsdp214.jpg

the poor marines bunk here, under the stairs, although this section is joined to the lowest deck section in the previous thread.

ccsdp216.jpg

ccsdp217.jpg

the kitchen here is full of little stuff. the stove is covered with a black grill made from MF plates. a dining section is added for 1 sailor only. knifes, pots and pans for the cook from everywhere

ccsdp220.jpg

ccsdp219.jpg

ccsdp218.jpg

the cook is from Pizzeria city set, also found in paradisa. i can't help but insert a famous movie line from steven seagal here..

" I'm just a cook."

ccsdp221.jpg

the stairs and railings. chains, when arranged nicely, can make a good railing.

ccsdp215.jpg

Launch the landing boats!!! showcasing the mechanisms..

ccsdp223.jpg

ccsdp224.jpg

George Washington crosses the Delaware River..

ccsdp225.jpg

alright that's all my updates for now.. gonna be busy with school, work, and building other vessels. But will definietely work on improving this ship as a on and off thing.

fitted out the captain's drawers using technique from IFS.

legimps.jpg

legimps34.jpg

repainted the coat of arms topsail

legimps26.jpg

the Sea Dragon now sails forth on her shakedown cruise to rid the redcoat scourge!

me fellow bluecoats, i proudly welcome you all abroad the Sea Dragon, flagship of the Broadside Armada.

DSCN9080.jpg

DSCN9081.jpg

DSCN9082.jpg

DSCN9083.jpg

Raise your glasses and hoorah for victories!

DSCN9084.jpg

After a few too many rounds..

DSCN9085.jpg

DSCN9086.jpg

DSCN9087.jpg

DSCN9088.jpg

the captain thinks he's Elton.. singing "Blue eyes", baby's got blue eyes..

DSCN9089.jpg

following is a short story comic to introduce the Capital ship.

"it has been several months since the Imperial Red Coats defeated Brickbeard, and he fled away on a castoff and naught been heard. The Imperial Soldiers have heard about this news, and the might of the IFS. They decide to launch the BCS Sea Dragon. and patrol the farthest ends of the Caribbean. The following, is 1 such encounter on a particular day.."

DSCN9064.jpg

DSCN9063.jpg

DSCN9065.jpg

DSCN9066.jpg

DSCN9067.jpg

bino1.jpg

bino2.jpg

DSCN9068.jpg

DSCN9069.jpg

DSCN9075.jpg

bino3.jpg

bino4.jpg

DSCN9074.jpg

DSCN9076.jpg

run out the guns to port!

DSCN9077.jpg

DSCN9079.jpg

DSCN9070.jpg

DSCN9071.jpg

Bring her along side, gunners on the ready!

legimps8.jpg

legimps9.jpg

legimps14.jpg

legimps13.jpg

Captain 'Elton' strides down the deck. yelling "infantry marines, all on the deck. shoot them red coat devils down!"

legimps15.jpg

legimps10.jpg

legimps12.jpg

legimps16.jpg

legimps18.jpg

legimps17.jpg

"Red Coats! For king and country! give them our volley!"

legimps11.jpg

legimps20.jpg

legimps21.jpg

legimps22.jpg

legimps23.jpg

ALL CANNONS. FIRE!!!!

legimps25.jpg

legimps19.jpg

legimps24.jpg

legimps27.jpg

What will happen next? will ships be blown up and sailors gone to meet Davy Jones? Will the RedCoats defeat the new Sead Dragon? Or will Brickbeard and some pirates enter the fray? Avast. Shiver me timbers... Stay tuned to more of Broadside's broadside against Woodhouse's IFS..

The imperial flagship just became an imperial frigate.

I think the redcoats need a new ship-of-the-line capitol ship to re-establish their control over the Caribbean now! Great comic and great captains cabin you made! :bonaparte: