Sign in to follow this  
Still Raindrop

Help on design

I am currently furnishing my nearly-complete modular ophthalmologist's office, but I seem to have run into a problem. I can't for the life of me figure out how to make a realistic, or even good-looking, phoropter (the tool that ophthalmologists use to determine what strength of glasses a patient needs). Can anyone provide ideas? I could always change the building into something else, but I like the eye that I have on the front, and wouldn't really like changing it.

Binoculars don't look really good... I may have to remove the eye and turn it into some other sort of building.

At Minifig Scale, a phoropter would be relatively indistinct.

I'd suggest using a Modified 1 x 2 Plate with Handle on Side in White mounted by a clip from above, and a couple of the new Round 1 x 1 Plate with Open Stud placed on the front to represent the adjustable lenses.

2540.jpg85861.jpg

-John

Thanks--I may have to get a few of those open stud plates and try that out. I tried something similar with clear/trans-white round plates, but that didn't really look right. Those open stud ones look promising, though.

Here's something I came up with quickly for you. On the left, there is the white round 1x1 plate with hole, and on the right is a trans-clear round plate on the front and a silver round plate on the back.

5121459943_c9c023cfe7.jpg