Sign in to follow this  
Derek

Black Friday 2010 (US)

Hey guys!

Do sites like starwars.com have black friday sales at all? Living in New Zealand can be tough to get a real deal on lego and this may be a good way to do it. Thanks for your help. :classic:

I'm not sure. Iits probably best to ask our Star Wars MODs. :sceptic:

Do you have to use it that day?

Yes. But if you scratch the big 50% off coupon, they usually let you shop around some more and snap up as much LEGO as you can. :sweet:

Hey guys!

Do sites like starwars.com have black friday sales at all? Living in New Zealand can be tough to get a real deal on lego and this may be a good way to do it. Thanks for your help. :classic:

Also yes, although I don't remember what the discount was. I think it was 30% last year, but StarWars.com charges a lot on shipping. I remember I ordered the Midi-MF as a present for someone else, and it basically came down to no shipping, no tax, and $4 off, or something like that. They will ship worldwide for the same US price, though, so it would be good for those outside the US.

Cool thanks for the replies guys! :classic:

Yeah shipping is something I do have to weigh in definitely. I really hate it and its just one of those things that I have to live with.

Just out of curiosity, what is Black Friday all about besides big clearance sales?

Just out of curiosity, what is Black Friday all about besides big clearance sales?

Looky here. It's got something to do with a stock market crash and stores wanting to clear their stocks. Or something like that :tongue:

Edited by prateek

That's pretty much it. :laugh: If you don't mind huge crowds and can stay sane yourself as everyone around you goes absurdly crazy, it's actually a pretty fun morning to go shopping.

m19

To me that actually sounds like fun! :classic:

Thanks for the info guys!

Cool thanks for the replies guys! :classic:

Yeah shipping is something I do have to weigh in definitely. I really hate it and its just one of those things that I have to live with.

Black Friday is a shopping day where all companies' stocks turn from red to black, so more sales and more item (Or something like that). :wink:

Black Friday is called that because black = money.

It used to be that most of the holiday sales, most of the yearly sales happened on Black Friday, but that's no longer the case with the internet and Christmas shopping starting in September. :sadnew:

Isn't the limo and helicopter normally $30 anyways?

Isn't the limo and helicopter normally $30 anyways?

Yes, but it doesn't say it is rolled back.

Looky here. It's got something to do with a stock market crash and stores wanting to clear their stocks. Or something like that :tongue:

Interesting. So the term originated from policemen who hated the traffic. :laugh:

If you live near a LEGO brand store, everything is on sale. :sweet: My store still actually has Troll Mountain Fortress, and Battle of Endor is still in production, isn't it?

Really? I've never known a Lego store to have sales. Maybe i do have something to look forward then.

First things first: bfads.com has Target's Black Friday ad up now. Some of you are good guessers.

Both for $64.99: Space Police Galactic Enforcers and Troll Mountain Fortress (page 13 of the flyer, 25 of the megablock PDF bfads posted).

Accountant's Ink. The story is that most retail stores operate "in the red" (at an overall loss for the year) until sales increase for the Christmas season, at which point they start realizing their profits (shown in black ink instead of red). Of course it's not quite that way anymore, but that's the story for how it gets it's name.... Black Friday is the first day after Thanksgiving, the last federal holiday before Christmas, and the "official" start of the Christmas season.

Is target's bf item available in store or online or both normally?

Is target's bf item available in store or online or both normally?

Don't know. I've always gone to the store. A lot of these deals are "door busters," things to get your butt into the store and hopefully buy something they will make more of a profit on.

The ad says in the fine print that the sale prices are good Friday and Saturday... it also says (in the little "mice" type) to "Shop Target and Super Target" and to find your nearest locations online... so at first glance, I would assume it's in-store only. But the large print says "Shop Target.com Thanksgiving Day." But the ad doesn't say the prices are valid on Thanksgiving. So... I dunno.

The 2 Target sets for this year are the Troll Mountain Fortress and Space Police Galactic Enforcer for $65.

I will try to get one of them when I go around 8, but I don't know if they would be any left because Target opens at 4 AM and these are listed as "doorbusters".

At this price, I don't think it's worth it... :sceptic:

-Derek

The 2 Target sets for this year are the Troll Mountain Fortress and Space Police Galactic Enforcer for $65.

I will try to get one of them when I go around 8, but I don't know if they would be any left because Target opens at 4 AM and these are listed as "doorbusters".

-Derek

I agree. $65 is too much. Last year they had Temple of the crystal skull for $50 and it has 100 more peices too. Good thing I got that last year. Now we'll have to wait and see what TRU and Lego have to offer...

Oh and I was just browsing through target's black friday ad and saw something about a $10 traget giftcard when you buy $100. So if you really want they $65 sets and you go buy some other stuff at target you could probably get the $10 giftcard. But at $55 I still don't think it's a good deal. It's up to you.

Really? You don't think it's worth the price, or worth getting out of bed that early?

I have the Troll Mountain Fortress, and while I don't really want another one, $65 for the parts seems pretty good... 8 really good minifigures plus two "giant" trolls, a bunch of burps, a variety of interesting slope pieces... I may get it for the parts; and if I'm dragging my megablocks out of bed, where I'll be that day the Target is right across from the TRU, and I wouldn't mind a couple more of those creator houses.

TRU's BF ad is out ....

33% off Lego selected sets Thursday night 10pm - Firday 1pm

30% off Lego selected sets Friday 5am - 1pm

I guess I was wrong about the Troll's Mountain Fortress. They must have had them stockpiled somewhere :classic:

Ah, another year for deals and winter shopping! I don't think this was posted yet, but Brickset had a post of a bunch of Black Friday sales:

I'm not even sure when Black Friday is (is it the last Friday in November?) but I do know that in the USA you all go shopping crazy and there's loads of offers to be had.

Yellowcastle and I will try and keep you up to date as news of them comes in.

Good sources are www.blackfriday.info or www.bfads.net (Thanks shoobathelemur)

Target: (Beginning 4AM 11/26 and while supplies last): Galactic Enforcer (5974) and Trolls' Mountain Fortress (7097) each $64.99; Additionally, receive $10 Target Giftcard with $100 or more purchase (valid 4AM thru 10AM 11/26)

Toys R Us: (Valid 10PM 11/25 thru 1PM 11/26): City Garage(7642) $70.34, Gateway of the Squid (8061) $28.13, and Hyperspeed Pursuit (5973) $38.49.

Toys R Us: (Valid 5AM 11/26 thru 1PM 11/26): Creator Family Home (6754) $41.99, Police Command Centre (7743) $34.99, Power Miners Titanium Command Rig (8964) $73.49, Duplo Fire Station (5601) $41.99

K-Mart: (No Info Yet):

LEGO Stores: (11/26 while supplies last; store hours vary): Receive a Discount Scratcher at checkout worth 10%, 20%, or 50% off of your purchase

They use a random scratcher system; you're guaranteed 10% off and can get up to 50.

It's almost always 10% off; I recall either the employee at the store or Inky telling me that only one person got 20% off last year, and none got 50% off. Inky did get 5 extra Pick a Brick boxes, though! :laugh:

But still, it's one of the best deals the LEGO Stores have to offer, since you can get exclusive sets - like the winter themed ones - for 15% off with VIP card!

Edited by ILikePi

Meijer has BOGOHO on all City, Atlantis, World Racers, and Harry Potter. Not a spectacular deal, but I haven't seen a whole lot of good LEGO BF sales. Plus it's nice if you are going after some big sets.

Meijer has BOGOHO on all City, Atlantis, World Racers, and Harry Potter. Not a spectacular deal, but I haven't seen a whole lot of good LEGO BF sales. Plus it's nice if you are going after some big sets.

My local Meijer has Harry Potter castle set and all of Prince of Persia 30% of clearance. I wonder if I can get the castle BOGOHO? :tongue:

Sign in to follow this