Esben Kolind

MOC: Öresundstrain

Hi,

My latest model is the Öresundstrain (named after the sound Öresund seperating Denmark and Sweden) which runs between Copenhagen and various destinations in Southern Sweden.

Unlike my latest models shown in this forum, this train does not have automatic sliding doors, retracting stairs, rotating fans, interior light or front lights... this time it's all about design :classic:

All images on Brickshelf after moderation.

aball1.jpg

%C3%96resundst%C3%A5g.jpg

A few modifications to adapt the train to LEGO scale and track radius: The cars are (much) shorter (32 studs) and I have omitted the dors in the center low-floor car. Finally, I have chosen to use shared boogies because the cars are so short.

A closer look at the front:

front1.jpg

The train features a (new?) close coupling technique with two pivot points that ensure that the cars are aligned in the curves. A few pictures to explain:

ucoupling2.jpg

ucoupling5.jpg

The shared boogies are only attached (on a turntable) to the center car, the front cars "slide" on the boogy. It works great as can be seen in this video:

Finally, a cut away picture to show the SNOT front:

xasembly2.jpg

I am looking forward to your comments.

Esben

Wow! I would've never thought of making the bogey links like that! Great job! The exterior looks really nice too. The front is spot one, and the orange stripe and the doors look cool :thumbup:

Nice interpretation of this trainset, which I think is a bit tricky to copy in Lego,

but you have done a good job,especially when considering the limited scale you have used.

Well done Esben.

This is just AWESOME 'Esben Kolind' - the SNOT front end and that coupling system is the work of pure genuis ! :grin:

A beautiful train you have created and keep on brick 'Esben Kolinding' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

There are a lot of great details in this model and they all add up to a very sleek result. I really like your choice of selective compression to get a working Lego train too, normally you have to sacrifice design.

Good job! The train is very nice, the outlook is closely to the real one. Its movement is very smooth.

Really great MOC. I have travelled over the bridge many times in those trains in the last few years and often wondered if anyone had created a MOC of them. Good job.

Regards,

iTrain

Edited by Itrain

Another nice train Esben! I like the detailing on the roof and the micro-stripe for what I assume is first class.

I cant find any compliments to say that havn't been said already, but its a superb train that you've got. I love the detials like the couplings and the door snot. What plans do you have for your next locomotive(if you have plans)?

Thanks, CB