Siegfried

User changing of Display Names for Knights+ (no longer available)

I don't even have the Display Name tab.

Same thing for me since the upgrade.

Ya staff don't have the option, but it looks like even those with the tab can't do it. It's a mess, Invision really did a number this time.

Hi,

I first tried to register to Eurobricks using my preferred username cortman. I was able (I believe) to activate the account but henceforth whenever trying to log in, I get a message that I am banned/not allowed to access the forums.

So I created this account, el_cortman, and that went through fine.

I would like to request that my el_cortman account be renamed cortman, and that the original cortman account be shut down.

I can provide passwords/associated email address for the both accounts via PM.

I'm unaware of the forum policy on name change, if I have requested something amiss, apologies.

Thanks!

I've decided that I would like the "67" taken out of my name. If a moderator would be willing to do so as Knights no longer have the ability, please do so. Thank you. :classic:

I've decided that I would like the "67" taken out of my name.

Question is why hou decided to have it in there in the first place. :tongue:

For obvious reasons then. :laugh: (nice title btw)

Edited by PsyKater

EDIT: The current board version no longer allows members to perform user name changes themselves -- changes must be requested from a member of Staff via PM.

Is the name change limit still once per 366 days, or is the limit different now?

Is the name change limit still once per 366 days, or is the limit different now?

You quoted the answer to the question you asked.

There is no time limit since you can't change it.

I need the help! :look:

Instead of Marquise it is necessary to make Marquis.

I changed it for you as this sounds like a mistake you made.

I think you have to be a Knight (500+ posts) to be able to change your name. (Emphasis on I think; I'm not 100% sure)

Ok, so I'm still missing some messegaes

About 875, yes!!! LOL

I think you can change your name once per year once 'knighthood' has been reached. You could try and talk to a Mod/admin and see what their take on it is, they would be better suited to help you!

Hello,

How can I change my display name ? I do not the the link to the display name page in my settings

Thanks

I have merged your topic with the existing topic on this issue. Please refer to the Eurobricks FAQ for answers to questions such as yours.

Hello to all. This is my second time starting a topic here on eurobricks, my first one was closed because it could've been discussed elsewhere, (it was a pre-existing topic). So today I was surfing through the site and clicked on the B/S/T/F and came across something interesting that I wanted to ask about and I couldn't find anywhere else on the general discussion forum to ask this, so here goes to hoping this doesn't get closed down.

I signed up for eurobricks to enjoy the well organized forums and up-to-date news that I had previously seen before I joined (I use to come to read whitefang's review of the Collectable minifigures series). Anyways when I signed up, I thought the username's HAD to include numbers, or something Lego related etc. Little did I know the names could just be a simple, yet creative name that didn't need all those unnecessary numbers and dates and what not (not trying to insult anyone's name, I'm just a bit uncomfortable with mine).

So today I was on the b,s,t,f forum and read the instructions for posting, and I also came across the "straight shooter's list". Somewhere within those 2 topics I read something about notifying the staff if you changed your name. I read that and thought to myself, "I could change my name"? So I decided to ask if I could change my name and not have to make a new topic for it, but I couldn't find an existing topic that talked about name-changing.

I made my name thinking it had to be something like Legonumbersandabbreviations, and now I look at my name all the time and feel a bit awkward because it didn't have to be made like this. I guess the bottom line of what I am asking is: can I change my name? how can I do it? and is this an appropriate topic to start a new thread on, or should I have commented elsewhere? Hope someone can help me, whether it be through the comments or a helpful PM,

You have to be at Knight rank, or 500 posts, to change your username. :classic:

Edited by Lego Spy

Thank you, so in a few years or so, when I have made it the Knight rank I'll change my username. Those 14 words helped a lot.

Sorry, I just read that and it may have sounded a bit sarcastic, I am actually thankful, the comment just sounded a bit rude (I just read over my comment).

Edited by STSH2013Lego

Actually, I think that ever since the last big board upgrade, Knights haven't had that ability. You have to contact a Moderator or an Admin to change it for you. (Regulators can't change them.) Generally we'll change your username for you if there's a good reason for the change and we see that you're actively contributing positively to the forums.

Actually, I think that ever since the last big board upgrade, Knights haven't had that ability. You have to contact a Moderator or an Admin to change it for you. (Regulators can't change them.) Generally we'll change your username for you if there's a good reason for the change and we see that you're actively contributing positively to the forums.

Oh ok, thanks for straightening that out Brickdoctor. :classic:

It seems like the Guidelines page should be changed then...

Edited by Lego Spy