Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

ISD Review + Mods !!

Okie TLC there are some stupid things in the ISD !!

First, there is no meditation chamber in the ISD, and there is no communication with the Emperor (holograph) on that bloody ISD !! Its all in ESB on the SSD *wacko*

Second, (apart the fact you never see the escape pod of the ISD, except at the beginning of ANH -a round escape pod and not the one in the ISD set- that bloody escape pod on the box art is reversed !! The front should fall first and not the engines *wacko* (especially that on the instruction the front is suppose to fall first *wacko*

Well played on those details looool

*yoda*

hi yoda. just wondering if you had tried to make a plate to cover the bridge window. and if it looked any good. :-)

hi yoda. just wondering if you had tried to make a plate to cover the bridge window. and if it looked any good. :-)

Not yet !! I plan several mods, and I will post them as soon as I have ;-)

*yoda*

i look forward to seeing them. :-)

Wait tomorrow ;-) I am modifying it now !! All I need now is a 8x4 plate in light bluish grey to finish hehe !!

EDIT: I finished all the mods I wanted to do !! I must say that it looks way better in all grey hehe ;-) I will post pics tomorrow morning !!

Mod On !!

*yoda*

Guys, in yet another shameless act of double posting, here are the mods I applied to my dear ISD (yeay I pimped my ride :-D )

First, I replaced those horrible trans neon green parts (6 bar/lightsaber blade & 8 round 1x1) with light bluish grey. Also I got rid of those horrendous shooting mechanisms ;-)

img_2113.jpg

img_2115.jpg

Then, I added a 8x4 light bluish grey plate to cover the gap in the tower (TLC and gaps :-| - Crawler as a slight reminder *cough cough* ):

img_2116.jpg

Finally, I replaced two 1x4 white plates with light bluish grey plates at the rear of the tower:

img_2118.jpg

Now a few shots of the entire modified model:

img_2120.jpg

img_2121.jpg

img_2123.jpg

I really think the ISD looks way better all in grey - this makes it a "mini" UCS ;-)

Hope you enjoy them and feel free, like always, to post comments and crtiticisms !!

Mod On !!

*yoda*

Great improvements Yoda! The ISD does look a lot better without all those stupid colours and gaps. But I can still see a few red and white pieces on it! ;-)

Jon.

Great improvements Yoda! The ISD does look a lot better without all those stupid colours and gaps. But I can still see a few red and white pieces on it! ;-)

Jon.

Tks Jon ;-)

I know there are still 4 parts that needs to be changed. I wouldn't/couldn't change those for two reasons:

1) In order to change the red Technic pin, you have to dismantle the whole Technic architecture of the Tower (and I didn't want to do that :-P I should have changed it when I built the thing !!)

2) Lack of bluish grey parts for the other parts (two 2x2 corners + one modified 1x2 with Handle) ;-)

Mod On !!

*yoda*

great mod work yoda! :-) the whole thing looks great without the bright colours and the solid bridge is much better! :-P

Great mods, the ISD looks much more menacing without those goofy colours :-P . Do you have a pic of the minifig sized ISD next to the UCS one? I would like to see those 2 next to each other.

Great mods, the ISD looks much more menacing without those goofy colours :-P . Do you have a pic of the minifig sized ISD next to the UCS one? I would like to see those 2 next to each other.

Nope sorry KhoRne, I can't help you there because my UCS ISD is still MISB *wacko* I really need to take the time to build the baby hehe !!

Lets hope someone will post that soon ;-)

*yoda*

great review as always yoda. I'm not a starwars fan myself, but i will defently be picking this one up once i get my selfing done. (i litterly have sets spread out between 2 rooms!)

i'm mostly wondering where you're going to put this thing, Yoda. X-D If you don't have any room for it, i've got a square meter free at my place for your model , if you want... X-D

i'm mostly wondering where you're going to put this thing, Yoda. X-D If you don't have any room for it, i've got a square meter free at my place for your model , if you want... X-D

Tks for this wonderfull offer Sne, but I am in the obligation to pass X-D :-P

No idea where it will go, and space is the main reason my UCS ISD is still MISB :'-(

I will clear some space in my room hehe, this will help !!

Tidy On !!

EDIT: Since someone on FBTB (Andi) asked me how did I make my Vader kneel, I thought of adding my reply here as well hehe!! I did more pics to show you guys ;-)

Its all a question of perspective really :-D But here are 2 pics showing how I placed my Dark Lord:

img_2137.jpg

img_2138.jpg

Hope this clarified the situation ;-)

*yoda*

Nice mod work Yoda. I'm going to put mine together this weekend and may "borrow" a few of your ideas...

So you have indeed pimped your ride yoda, gotta say it looks way better in my opinion the adding of the plate instead of the window makes the ship look more movie like.

Im looking forward to seeing what you do to the inside now.

WTF is the thing with what looks like a green lightsaber blade :-/ :-/ :-/

I beg your pardon ??

Are you referring to the canons of the ship that were illogically added in neon trans green and that I replaced in light bluish grey ??

*yoda*

To the Danes...

The ShopAtHome price for the ISD in Denmark is now set to 999kr.. Wasent it higher like 1299?

just wondering

To the Danes...

The ShopAtHome price for the ISD in Denmark is now set to 999kr.. Wasent it higher like 1299?

just wondering

no. The price listed in the danish catalog is 999kr. which is also the price lsited on S@H.

S@H had written a wrong price on the ISD(1199kr.) previously, but it have now been corrected to 999kr.

he he i knew it should be 999... was just wondering if i remebered wrong about ShopAtHome saying something els..

Nice review Yoda!

This set looks really good but I have a few problems with it. THOSE DARN STICKERS! I really was hoping for a printed Emperor brick but I guess I will have to wait. The price is also a bit of a problem. I've been saving money for months and am planning a HUGE reconstruction of my building area with new containers and everything and my estimated price is $80 - $100. 8-