GRogall

Made for Lego

Here is something i have never seen before

Apparently there is a company that will make 3D plastic base plates to complement Lego Products

so if you Lego kingdom Castle 7946 seems a little bland, just add to it!

made_for_lego.png

Not my cup off tee,( I'm a purist!) but still interesting!

I can't see the point. If a baseplate has no studs to build on then it's just a display base. and if that's an example of the stuff they do then you might as well just use M*******s stuff. at least that has studs on it.

Wow, I always wanted my LEGO creations to look more like Mega-Crap. :tongue:

I guess there must be a market for something like this but to me it sure looks ugly.

Thanks for showing it. It is interesting to see this sort of thing.

Hmmm, interesting, looks good... for kids! This is too <insert that tiresome argument> and way too megablokish for my taste, I'd rather take the challenging task of making a brickbuilt version than using that huge piece. :sick:

I like it. I just display my sets anyway, and I think it adds a lot. True, it's not very well done, but conceptually I think it's a great idea; it inspires me (as someone coming from a traditional model train hobby) to make my own, just with a bit more realism.

It looks very Mega-Blocky .... Not sure I like it. It could be fine to disaply a set in a more permanent fashion.

I don't see the playability of it ... no studs = No good IMO!

Thanks for posting it, although it's ugly, it sure is interesting!!!

Pirate

I thing thеsе base plates are mostly for the kids to play with their sets. Generaly Noch are making buildings and landscape for railway layouts.

Looks like a bad photoshop to me, it's all blurry and out of focus. They could have added shadow underneath the minifigs at least. Not my thing at all..

Hmmm... interesting, but I'd never use it or buy it. Definitely something for the kids, but I don't even think a lot of them would be interested.

Looks like a bad photoshop to me, it's all blurry and out of focus. They could have added shadow underneath the minifigs at least. Not my thing at all..

Very bad photoshop job! I think this may be a prank, or a joke. :wacko:

Octan

Well, i'm having a hard time trying to find this on the Noch website, if true nice idea for kids in the role play area, but for display purposes.....meh.....now this base being brickbuilt out of Lego......now that would be something right ? :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

It's fake, I knew it! Look at the pics on lego.com, same layout. Is this a joke? :sceptic:

http://shop.lego.com/Product/AssetPopup.aspx?p=7946&AssetType=49&s_button=moreViews

Wmanidi

It's not fake! you can find the real ad for the product here

go to page 22 of catalog!

So next time you make sure about what your talking about!

and here is an ebay add

Now this is so bad. Seems to be these cheap hollow plastic pieces that make a horrible sound when moving around (shiver..).

Good idea though. Producing perhaps a few thousand of these, including the horrible design job and the photoshop-marketing without even buying a Lego set, I would say one costed the company less than a €, adding 1,50€ for package & distribution, and there we go. Some might pay the 30€ for it, next year they will put it on "sale" for 10€ and everyone still makes a fortune.

Worst thing I've seen in a while.

Wow, what kinda bricks is this thing made outta that makes it's landscape so detailed, smooth and realistic. :laugh:

I think this calls for a review! :pir-devil:

Megabloks sure has upped their quality standards. Watch out Lego, there's a new sheriff in town! :tongue:

But in all seriousness, this "set(?)" can't be all bad. I mean, I gotta good laught outta it. :grin:

It's not fake! you can find the real ad for the product here

go to page 22 of catalog!

So next time you make sure about what your talking about!

and here is an ebay add

Sorry, I didn't think a large company would use lego.com pics. I am very sorry. :blush:

Wmanidi