Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

Eurobricks LEGO Set Index

I noticed some sets are up but don't have links to their reviews, did they get missed or is this still a work in progress?

Do you mean the Star Wars sets?

Status Update 1: Star Wars is waaay incomplete. Please don't report any problems there...

Very cool! Now I don't have to go to Brickset :grin:

:laugh: It's going to be a long time before we compare to them.

I have noticed that when you go to the next page in the separate themes, when you go to the next page it takes you to the pages showing all the sets instead of taking you to the next page in the separate theme. :classic:

I have noticed that when you go to the next page in the separate themes, when you go to the next page it takes you to the pages showing all the sets instead of taking you to the next page in the separate theme. :classic:

Yeah... I think you'd be right. :laugh: If so, it's an easy fix, so thanks. :sweet:

It's a load issue... and it's fixed for now. (This is the other reason why I wanted to launch it prior to it being complete! :wink: )

No it wasn't; it was just a rare occurrence! :tongue: Fixed.

Fixed.

This is an awesome new feature Siegfried!

Have already tried it with several sets, and I love it.

Nice work, Siegfried! default_thumbup.gif

One thing I'm missing right know is a price information.

It would be very helpful to see the official price at the time released.

This could be taken from S@H.

I don't think we need an actual price guide (on our site).

EDIT: I just found out this wasn't included in the sets I searched so far default_blush.gif , but generally it IS included to the database. Sorry.

One thing I'm missing right know is a price information.

It would be very helpful to see the official price at the time released.

This could be taken from S@H.

I don't think we need an actual price guide (on our site).

:tongue: Yeah, as you noticed I am adding that, and I'm using the S@H price where possible. As you say, we don't need today price; people can use the links the BrickLink or eBay.

The Castle and Pirates sets are still not included? I hope that you'll put them in too.

Everything will be added.

Great job, Siegfried - this is an extremely useful new feature. I've found the general search facility frankly unusable when looking for reviews, so I can see myself using this new facility a lot.

I'm looking forward to the Star Wars reviews being searchable, as it's these I look for most often. Delighted to hear that this is in the plan.

Thanks - keep up the good work !

D.

Edited by drdavewatford

What a fantastic index, Sieggy. You have really done a great job on it, so far. And thanks to Shadows and Hinckley as well, as I'm sure this is taking a huge amount of time and effort.

What is the procedure going to be for adding new reviews to the index? Or are you too busy trying to get existing reviews indexed that you haven't come up a definitive plan yet?

Also, I noticed that two of my Exploriens reviews aren't linked in the Sci-Fi index. My guess is that they never got put in the Sci-Fi forum index, and so got lost. They are 6958 - Android Base and 6982 - Explorien Starship. No hurry, I just don't want them to fall through the cracks.

Now to start filling in some gaps. :laugh:

What is the procedure going to be for adding new reviews to the index? Or are you too busy trying to get existing reviews indexed that you haven't come up a definitive plan yet?

It has a edit function, but for the moment I'm re-importing whenever I add stuff. Why? It's currently easier that way as I sometimes change the database format. Once complete we will edit the set records as needed. I'll probably add the ability to add reviews if there are none, but we're considering giving access to some members. We're not sure at this stage! :laugh:

Also, I noticed that two of my Exploriens reviews aren't linked in the Sci-Fi index.

Ooops! I did do a search but I missed those. :blush: I've added those to my offline master list and when I do a re-import those will be included. Thanks! :sweet:

I used the feedback feature yesterday and I have a small question regarding the "Subject" field. There is a "Life" choice among the others. What's that?

I used the feedback feature yesterday and I have a small question regarding the "Subject" field. There is a "Life" choice among the others. What's that?

I think I'm funny...? :blush:

I think I'm funny...? :blush:

That was my initial thought! :laugh: I just had to be sure since it's a fresh new board. Mind you, somebody might get confused and will start writing personal "Life" problems waiting for your advices. :grin:

I just had to be sure since it's a fresh new board. Mind you, somebody might get confused and will start writing personal "Life" problems waiting for your advices. :grin:

Yeah, they do sometimes. I've been doing lame jokes like this on sites for years. On one site I used to have a newsletter request page, and two options were Love and Toilet. I got a few requests for both.

Is this replacing the review index? Or is it just links and stats? I've pulled up a pile of sets, but couldn't get any reviews. Maybe I'm confused :wacko:

Edit: I found a review, just not for some of the town, Space or SW sets I did (I searched numbers that were in my desktop review file, like 7316, 10184, and some SW sets)

Nevermind.

Is this replacing the review index? Or is it just links and stats? I've pulled up a pile of sets, but couldn't get any reviews. Maybe I'm confused :wacko:

Did you read the first post? :devil:

Did you read the first post? :devil:

Sensitive Siggy, didn't you read my edit? :tongue:

Edit: I found a review, just not for some of the town, Space or SW sets I did (I searched numbers that were in my desktop review file, like 7316, 10184, and some SW sets)

Nevermind.

The only Town sets I was able to enter so far were the 2010 sets.

Yeah, they do sometimes. I've been doing lame jokes like this on sites for years. On one site I used to have a newsletter request page, and two options were Love and Toilet. I got a few requests for both.

:grin::wacko:

Please tell me that you are joking! Or at least those who submitted those requests were joking.

Love and Toilet...:laugh:

The only Town sets I was able to enter so far were the 2010 sets.

No worries, I'll give it some more time. Even without the reviews, it's an interesting feature, and will stop some of my visits to Brickshelf... Now if you just had a 'mysets' counter :devil: (For BS, not for you...)