Sign in to follow this  
Atin

District 9: The Eviction

5100610648_b0b008e0c2.jpg

Wikus issuing eviction notices to Prawns. Based off of the 2009 movie District 9

5099998787_f950bd8831.jpg

A closeup of Wikus, Fundiswa Mhlanga and a prawn. I gimped this picture to make it look like it was one of the security camera shots from the movie.

5099998435_b136c26877.jpg

Alternate Angle 1

5099998075_eaaefbfaa5.jpg

Alternate Angle 2

For larger images please check out my Flickr stream.

This is my first MOC post on the Eurobrick Forums and I hope you enjoy them

~Atin

Very cool, substantial amounts of detail in this really love all the unevenness in the shacks, the rickety boards, little twisted pieces of scrap metal and what·not.

I find it amazing how you bricked the Prawn, with the hands and the minifig legs, and all the trash. The trash, man it's awesome. Really, it is, take that hunk of scrap in the lower left hand corner. It looks like twisted, ugly mangled metal. Trash, and that debris, the rubble, wreckage, ruin and litter. It's all trash, man. And that's hard to make in Lego! :grin:

You captured the essence of the scene, and made it into Lego. Sculpted the essence, with bricks.

And with that, I tip my hat to you sir. Fantastic work, I look forward to seeing more MOCs from you. :wink:

The robot (that is what it is right?) is really cool. :thumbup:

They're from the movie District 9, I believe their called prawn.

696E7C21A45D528F2E3B52A5553A.jpg

(Here's the scene that was recreated in Lego form above, as it was in the movie.)

I'm pretty sure they're aliens, but you might've uncovered a subplot for the sequel, robots disguised as aliens. :tongue:

Edited by Milargo

That's great! The robot (that is what it is right?) is really cool. :thumbup: I should try some of this....

Nope, they're aliens.

This looks really good... the rusted out slum shacks, the rubbish everywhere, the "prawns" (very difficult to represent in Lego), the camera view...

Well done!

Great District 9 scene Atin! For some reason, I like well-built destruction/trash scenes, and this is definitely one of them. The details are all perfectly placed to capture a realistic scene. Very impressive for your first MOC here in EB, Keep it up! default_thumbup.gif

D9 is an awesome movie and you really made a nice MOC!

I love how you did the prawns, they look awesome! The whole dirty / run down look is also really well done. Awesome job on this! :thumbup:

Great job, instant recognition!

Makes me wanna run into the TV-room and watch the DVD (discovered yesterday that I've bought two copies of this movie - d'oh!).

That looks cool, really like the camp from district 9, I enjoyed the movie. Good job on making that alien. I can see it's been hard to design such a hard shape to make :classic::thumbup:

I have been meaning to see this movie, and this MOC makes me want to see it more.

great job.

Hello!

District 9 was really a cinema highlight of last year, and it's fantastic to see a scene out of it here. :classic: Your diroama really catches the movie feeling very closely, and I appreciate your efforts to create the junkyard-like environment. It's not easy to create soemthing that is very randomized. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Thanks for such a warm welcome guys! You really went to town commenting on this and im sorry it took so long for me to reply but real life gets in the way sometimes.

Masked Builder: That's great! The robot (that is what it is right?) is really cool.

Milargo is correct, they are the alien species in District 9 called prawns.

Legostein: District 9 was really a cinema highlight of last year, and it's fantastic to see a scene out of it here.

I agree, when I saw D9 for the first time I was blown away and it fast became one of my favorite science fiction movies.

Edited by Atin

A brilliant recreation of the District 9 scene Atin, I adore how you've made the prawns, especially their legs, I imagine it would've taken a while to think up. The cluttered look of the place is very well set up as well, I can tell that you haven't just strewn everything around everywhere, there's a method behind how you've placed all the trash and junk. It certainly emulates the gritty sci-fi fell of the film excellently.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Nice scene...

Since this tread is talking about District 9 (let me know if it was inappropriate to hijack the tread), I though it could be a nice place to ask for your help in defining a prawn minfig. I want it less mech than minifig.

Here is a start :

district9d.jpg

Getting long legs would be nice, but only Toy Story set produced them in the wrong color...

I want your opinion on which minifig parts would be great for it.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by pbegin

This is a really well-made little scene! As others have stated, the look of the garbage is amazing and the techniques used to build the Prawns are great. How about making the scene with the giant mech/suit. That would be quite a cool moc. :classic:

Great work on creating the shantytown feel of D9 in this diorama. :thumbup: Good prawns too.

Wow, amazing! It has a really good wasteland look all over it, and details like the angled position of the structures make this creation even better.