Shadows

Halloween Mini-Month Avatar Contest! VOTE NOW!

Halloween 2010

horseman_avvy.png

Welcome to Halloween 2010. It isn't so much a month as a state of mind. That and it isn't a full month, it's a mini-month running until November 1st. I know that Halloween isn't practiced around the world, but how many things really are done everywhere? For those of you who aren't normally involved in it, this is a chance to experience something new. Well, not overly new, this is going to be an almost exact rip off of the wildly successful Prince of Persia month, except spookier! :laugh: (yes, that might include a PoP Mafia style bloodbath, just give me time) :devil:

Halloween Avatar Contest

It's simple, it's fun, it's a chance to win a prize in the form of tag or title. Plus it's a chance to have some fun!

What to do:

Spook up your avatar! That's it. You can take your normal sigfig and dress them up for Halloween or recreate your favourite scene from a horror movie, abuse a staff sigfig Halloween style, or just do something spooky and silly. Whatever you do, make it a crowd pleaser because there will be voting at the end and prizes awarded. Put your spookiest foot forward, or 3 feet, or claws, or some tentacles. Whatever you've got. :look:

The Rules:

There are no rules except to include LEGO or the drawn representation of LEGO and post your new avatar here (and use it, of course). Once you've done that, you're entered!

Now get spooking!

Ooh Rick that is creepy! I thought "No it's not. Its the same as ever" And refreshed my page and as it was loading it started flashing and scared the crap out of me. :tongue: Very nice work indeed.

Mine is done! Apparently Avatar Iz can juggle. Lucky (and talented) girl!

P1090094.jpg

Ooh Rick that is creepy! I thought "No it's not. Its the same as ever" And refreshed my page and as it was loading it started flashing and scared the crap out of me. :tongue: Very nice work indeed.

I had the exact same reaction! default_laugh_new.gif Love your "Monster" avatar, too, Iz.

I updated my avatar yesterday. I've had for a few years, and use it every Halloween. I remember it was my first try at photoshopping a background into one of my pictures, so I thought the accidental shadows left behind looked cool.

av-2436.jpg

It has the Ventress head turned backwards to look like Jigsaw from the Saw movies. I'll edit this post later for a larger image.

Question: If I made an avatar in two versions, Greyscale and Color, would I be allowed to ask in another forum which was better before entering?

Decided to go with color, since the lighting didn't look good in B&W.

ravenavatar.jpg

Edited by Brickdoctor

I wonder what has happened to my avatar. Is this her true self? :oh3: I hope not :cry_sad:

halloween_avatar.jpg

Your freaking Halloween avatar gave me a shock when I was reading past your post. :hmpf::laugh:

Isn't that the whole point :grin:

Nice job so far, everyone! :thumbup:

Well, except Rick. :tongue:

Decided to go with color, since the lighting didn't look good in B&W.

A retrofuturistic retelling of The Raven, perhaps? I like it. :sweet:

Oh my, talk abour clairvoyance. When I saw Rick's Halloween avatar yesterday, I though it was really cool and never knew it was for a contest, so I decided to have a minor change on my avi last night. Then I read this today that this will be a contest. Yay! Now I have to spookyfy my avi more. default_devg1.gif

I'm still choosing between these two:

The simpler and more conservative:

c9d2c2a1-2424-38e4-2507-79670611afd4.gif

Or this nightmare-inducing one: default_devg1.gif

post-5203-128772762369.gif

Nah, I chose the 'scarier' one.

Edited by KielDaMan

Nice job so far, everyone! :thumbup:

Well, except Rick. :tongue:

A retrofuturistic retelling of The Raven, perhaps? I like it. :sweet:

Yep. I've also got the famous line(s) as a closing in my sig.

I'm good. :laugh:

Hahaha

It appears this young troll has had an allergic reaction to the poorly applied lipstick.

2010_avatar0.jpg2010_hallloween.jpgSorry, I don't have a real camera yet.

ORC...TROLL?

Done!

Great spooky avatar Rick! I even like the tempo, very succesful. :thumbup:

Now tell your sig-fig to move its finger out of the socket. :laugh:

I love avatar requests, it prompts me to modifiy mine further. I have an idea.

Okay, I've made a Halloween avatar. Its just some guy getting scared by a flying pumpkin or something like that. :laugh:

Nothing special, but it serves its purpose. :classic:

Edited by Lego Freak