mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

A new bow might actually be coming with the Elf minifig from CM vol. 3. Check out the picture to see if you agree with me. Link to topic.

Ohh that looks good, that elf figure is a jack-pot, printed legs, awesome torso, blonde slick hair, and (i do agree with you :laugh: ) a good looking bow. Yet i wish lego would take away that loaded bow, and replace it with a string!!!

A new bow might actually be coming with the Elf minifig from CM vol. 3. Check out the picture to see if you agree with me. Link to topic.

It took me ages of staring to find any difference. The ends of the bow are curled slightly. It's kind of like the difference between Thomson and Thompson.

dupondt.jpg

Also I think the string might be drawn more taut, but it's hard for me to tell - I'm not a bow expert.

I think it looks longer and shiner, it also appears there is a section of the arrow sticking out at the end. In the past the bows have been rubbery and floppy :thumbdown: i hope thats not the case with this one.

It took me ages of staring to find any difference. The ends of the bow are curled slightly.

It's also bigger than the old bow. You can't position the old one like that, with the minifig's arm inside. That said, me too, would have preferred to have no arrow attached, like the Brickforge bow.

i'd highly be surprised if there wouldn't be any sets next year. as i said. it'd be stupid to announce a new line, and then already stop releasing new sets after a year. wouldn't make any sense to me. was there ever a single year without any castle sets in lego history? (except when the viking sets came out, but those also kinda fell under the castle theme)

was there ever a single year without any castle sets in lego history?

Quick Brickset search shows that 2003 was such a year. :tongue: That said, my bet is that they are back to 3-year pattern (KKII 2004-2006, Fantasy Era 2007-2009). Let's hope there is more Kingdoms goodness coming.

Well we at least already know about the windmill (i suppose the guy that posted that didn't just made that up to trick people), so there won't be no sets next year, for sure, cause one is already more than none. :tongue:

Darth Jar Jar posted some 2011 Creator photos in another thread. I spotted a little set with a tiny castle facade, dragon, and a minifigure. It's at the bottom of this photo. It's not really Kingdoms per se, but still interesting!

5929-1.jpg

Edited by Zeya

I don't believe that bow will be in any normal sets as indicated by this..

(6:07pm) - Q: Will collectible minifig accessories trickle into playsystems? A - The intention is to make the acessories exclusive.

Source

Well that's false cos the Spartans helmet is appearing in one of the new Atlantis sets in gold!

Darth Jar Jar posted some 2011 Creator photos in another thread. I spotted a little set with a tiny castle facade, dragon, and a minifigure. It's at the bottom of this photo. It's not really Kingdoms per se, but still interesting!

5929-1.jpg

That's pretty sweet actually! And it may be another hint that there WILL be more kingdoms sets in 2011 (not that i'd even doubt that).

That helmet in light-bluish gray has so far only appeared in the Vintage Minifigures Collection Volume 4.

That's true, but apart from rarity, is it really that better than Metallic Silver? If I buy this set, I will definitely replace it.

On the set: more colorful than I hoped for. It contains a door, two windows, a minifig and some bley bricks and slopes, but I fear that this is still not going to be worth it. Ah well.

The new castle creator at least have some GREY purple in. I wonder if we get a exclusive minifig in this one!

how can purple be grey? grey and purple are 2 totally different colours :wacko:

I honestly don't have any idea if Kingdoms will be continuing. Yes, it would be weird for LEGO to release a theme that only lasts for one half-year wave. Not too weird, though-- after all, nobody's currently expecting to see World Racers next year in any way, shape, or form. Similarly, the AquaRaiders theme (the independent one, not the US-exclusive Aquazone subtheme) only lasted for one half-year wave of sets. The Pirates theme of 2009 fared a bit better, but still only had one full wave of sets in early 2009-- the only things released after that point were an Advent Calendar and a LEGO-Exclusive set.

Now what would be extremely weird would be for a non-licensed theme to disappear for a full half-year only to magically reappear with a new wave in the summer. This doesn't make a return of Kingdoms impossible-- after all, there's no authority forcing TLG to adhere strictly to their past business models, especially if they have data to suggest that a new business model would be more effective. But such a decision would be impossible for fans to predict. I can't help but find it amusing that there's a "topic" on 2011 Kingdoms when there has not yet been a single Kingdoms-related topic to discuss pertaining to next year (besides baseless conjecture by hopeful fans). It would make just as much sense at this stage to create a Space Police 2011 or World Racers 2011 topic.

But I digress. The internet thrives on this type of mass speculation, and who am I to stop it? It's certainly not doing any harm, and if a Kingdoms set does emerge and surprise us, a discussion topic will be ready and waiting for it.

In other news, I agree that that Creator castle is rather charming, and that little green dragon is adorable.

The thought of kingdoms discontinuing is a nightmare to me, I'm really hopeful it does continue though. Does it strike anyone else as odd that they would end the theme with a simple creator set marketed at newer builders?

People, we already KNOW there will be a kingdoms set next year!!! It is out of question, that it WILL continue. We know of that windmill set, so how can you say you don't know if there will be any sets, when we already have confirmation for one? :wacko:

Edited by metalandi

People, we already KNOW there will be a kingdoms set next year!!! It is out of question, that it WILL continue. We know of that windmill set, so how can you say you don't know if there will be any sets, when we already have confirmation for one? :wacko:

While I agree that there will be sets, just in the summer so we won't see them yet, Pirates had a set this year too, doesn't mean the theme continues. :classic:

I honestly don't have any idea if Kingdoms will be continuing.

But why would TLG have gone all the trouble of "rebranding" Castle to Kingdoms if they were going to release only one wave of it? I'm sure Kingdoms hasn't sold that badly to excuse it's termination...

I still have high hopes of seeing Kingdoms in the summer releases with new factions and all. :wink:

While I agree that there will be sets, just in the summer so we won't see them yet, Pirates had a set this year too, doesn't mean the theme continues. :classic:

I think we should consider pirates an apparition. I think the Disney license (and PotC) killed the pirates line more than sales ever did, even if Lego won't admit it.

Do we have confirmation? Wasn't it just one person who said they got a glimpse of it? :sick:

Do we have confirmation?

We dont have any 100% sure confirmation, as PotC either. Brickset havent anythin at Kindoms would be contiuned in 2011, but maby they will wait untill 2012. Who knows for sure.

Captain Becker