mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

This theme will not end until they bring out a dragon knight castle, it stands to reason for them to make the most bang for their buck.

Why go to all the trouble of creating to opposing factions if your never ganna give one side a fortess. why create conflict if your not ganna give people the option of who to side with, and also Lego know that people will buy it especially if they leave it as one of their last set for kingdom, it will complete collection.

Cedric the bull never had a castle and people felt really let down by that fact, I don't think TLG will do that again. :classic:

I let him & his small band hang out at the Night Lord's castle, but it's not quite the same. Dragon Castle please! My knights have outgrown their prison tower big time...

I have my doubts that this is the last of the Kingdoms line. I think this is TLG throwing us a bone. Of course, we need to do our part to make them see that this wasn't a mistake to do so.

As for thoughts and ideas on new sets, I started a thread here for that purpose. There are sets we are getting this year that could have come from that thread (though to be fair, they were relatively common requests before that thread), so if you can give a little detail then TLG might listen to the idea and it might eventually see production (again, that is possibly a total longshot, but you never know). Plus it's great discussion.

No, no, no... :laugh: remember the rule of 3 waves then continue with a similar theme.

Castle isn't going anywhere, to me it doesn't even matter if they change up all the factions again, it's not like they keep making sets from the first wave. You get the sets in the limited time window in which they are released and afterwards it's as if they are discontinued. So to me each wave brings it's own rewards, and there's no sense in re-releasing the same sets 3 waves in a row just to feel like this is the castle theme now.

No, no, no... :laugh: remember the rule of 3 waves then continue with a similar theme.

Castle isn't going anywhere, to me it doesn't even matter if they change up all the factions again, it's not like they keep making sets from the first wave. You get the sets in the limited time window in which they are released and afterwards it's as if they are discontinued. So to me each wave brings it's own rewards, and there's no sense in re-releasing the same sets 3 waves in a row just to feel like this is the castle theme now.

Well a lot of people still want that Dragon Knights castle. And some people still want a Jousting set. I still want to see a chess/tictactoe set. They made a chess set for the psst few castle themes. How could they stop now? =(. Unless Lego Games is proving to be more profitable (a handful of microfigs are probably cheaper to produce than 10-20 minifigures).

I let him & his small band hang out at the Night Lord's castle, but it's not quite the same. Dragon Castle please! My knights have outgrown their prison tower big time...

lol

yeah dragons need a real space to call their own

Oh finally a couple of civilian sets. They're really amazing but I don't like Prison Rescue, probably I'll buy one for horse bard ... surely I'll buy a lot of Blacksmith attack :laugh:

Does TLG release sets on a particular theme annually or every 6 months or so? I recently started collecting lego again so I'm not too sure. I'm looking forward to a castle from the opposing faction but it would most probably be released in 2012 if planned right?

Does TLG release sets on a particular theme annually or every 6 months or so? I recently started collecting lego again so I'm not too sure.

In general, about one major wave per year, for a particular theme. For Kingdoms (this thread's topic), we will have to wait for 2012 for a new wave of sets. That being said, they seem to maybe have smaller sets released at other times, but only really tiny ones with less than 80 pieces, maybe some polybags. It seems that this year they've cut way back on impulse sets, though, and I'm not sure what to expect this year in the way of small impulse sets.

Other themes can be a little different. It seems Star Wars tends to get a couple waves a year, if I'm not mistaken. Ninjago seems to be accumulating new sets every couple months, but I may be mistaken. And collectible minifigures are on a blistering pace of 4 times a year! But for general generic themes, I think it's more like one wave per year, yeah.

I'm looking forward to a castle from the opposing faction but it would most probably be released in 2012 if planned right?

Basically, yeah not this year. There's the dragon knights' prison tower, and there's a new set coming this year that looks like it's intended to be the backside of that tower, as a sort of addition. So those two together kind of make a dragon knight base. I'm personally not too fond of the dragon prison tower; I consider it to be one of the weaker Kingdoms sets.

I can't wait for these new sets to hit. It was the Kingdoms line that brought me back into Lego again. I have all of the current sets and I'm still trying to get some of the better Castle sets from a few years back. I would love to see a Dragon Nights castle... right now in my display it's Blue and Red -vs- Green and the Trolls/Orcs.

I haven't posted here yet? What took me so long? :tongue:

Well, I have to say, these sets look amazing! Finally, a set that is fairly inexpensive has a cowl, in black I believe? :classic:

Some one think we can see in the next set a new Dragon? Not like Ninjago dragons, I don't like it, but more like fantasy era?

Some one think we can see in the next set a new Dragon? Not like Ninjago dragons, I don't like it, but more like fantasy era?

Haha, my favorite kind of speculative question! :wink: If indeed there is a Kingdoms dragon, which is unlikely because we have seen no Legendary creatures so far (except for the baby dragon which could be argued is a gargoyle of sorts), then I can foresee a new mold being used for the entire body to make it look more realistic and less cartoony. That is, after all, the premise of Kingdoms. :thumbup:

Haha, my favorite kind of speculative question! :wink: If indeed there is a Kingdoms dragon, which is unlikely because we have seen no Legendary creatures so far (except for the baby dragon which could be argued is a gargoyle of sorts), then I can foresee a new mold being used for the entire body to make it look more realistic and less cartoony. That is, after all, the premise of Kingdoms. :thumbup:

I love the dragons, and that idea will be great! :thumbup: but if we have a little baby dragond into new wizard maybe we can see new one into "Dark Castle"? If i'm not in error until now we have a king castel, some piece of villains building but no a evil castel uh? Maybe we can see a new dragons into "BAD-Castel-line"?...sure if it will be released...

hat's funny, cause who would be able to tell how a "realistic" dragon would look like, when there actually are/were no dragons in reality?

Anyhow, i doubt we will see any fantasy elments in the kingdoms theme. we had that in the fantasy era, now it's time for something different. I love fantasy stuff, but right now i think it's time for more civilian and reality based sets.

hat's funny, cause who would be able to tell how a "realistic" dragon would look like, when there actually are/were no dragons in reality?

Anyhow, i doubt we will see any fantasy elments in the kingdoms theme. we had that in the fantasy era, now it's time for something different. I love fantasy stuff, but right now i think it's time for more civilian and reality based sets.

Well by realistic Sirens of Titan probably meant more similar to the dragons we see in media. Less toy like in appearance I guess.

I am aware...

:laugh:

What I meant is more detailed organic appearance with textured scales and semblance to something like a dinosaur or lizard. This is based on the fact that the new helmets and horse armor for Kingdoms are more detailed and better-scaled in contrast with the old horse armor. In the spirit of the new style of higher detail, I am anticipating that IF and only IF Kingdoms got a dragon, it would not be a recycled piece but rather something similar to what I described above.

Talk of a dragon, but if you look at the sets being released they appear to have some reality based in them....actual blacksmithing and farming going on, no magic or dragons....though I wouldn't say no to a dragon ! :wink:

Keep on training your dragon ! :laugh:

BTW at the end, for me, the most imporant thing is LEGO continue to make great models like the latest relaese. I see we have a new back wizar into 2010 release with a magical papaere about dragons, but not really absessed for the big lizard lol...so I'll continue to buy this incredible series especially the last 4 sets, really amazing set!

Talk of a dragon, but if you look at the sets being released they appear to have some reality based in them....actual blacksmithing and farming going on, no magic or dragons....though I wouldn't say no to a dragon ! :wink:

Keep on training your dragon ! :laugh:

Well, that can be something to debate about. For example the fact that Heroica weapons are included in the set. Two of four items are pretty "magical" to me the ball-shaped wand and the moon-shaped ones. Not to mention the animation on the official site where they show flying dragons on the back. What other proof do we need that Kingdoms actually has some space for fantasy elements? :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Oookay. Does anyone know why Lego is inflating the prices on the Kingdoms sets so much? I thought it was around $10 per 100 pieces, and yet, for reasons unknown, Lego is adding an extra $10 to two of the largest sets (carriage set is 300 pieces, costs $40, mill village is 600 pieces, costs $70.) I wonder if Lego is losing money, or maybe the licenses with Disney are really costing them...

It's more like... $.10 per piece is good value, but not all sets are created equal. :devil: Arguably the mill is still worth its price tag for all the new civilian figures, new animals and accessories.

Edited by Stiel

Oookay. Does anyone know why Lego is inflating the prices on the Kingdoms sets so much? I thought it was around $10 per 100 pieces, and yet, for reasons unknown, Lego is adding an extra $10 to two of the largest sets (carriage set is 300 pieces, costs $40, mill village is 600 pieces, costs $70.) I wonder if Lego is losing money, or maybe the licenses with Disney are really costing them...

I suspect it has to do with the high price of oil lately.

I thought it was around $10 per 100 pieces

It's more like... $.10 per piece is good value

You do realise that these are both the same don't you??

D

You do realise that these are both the same don't you??

D

I believe he means 10c is better return for your money than what you should expect to get on average. :wink: