mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

Woo.. so the Kingdoms sets are final! If the bottom left castle is not King's Castle, I'll cry in joy! I compared too, the box images are not same.

Left from the yellow car, that should be Dragon's Prison indeed. The front of the box picture is different from the preliminary version, but the box size fits and the twin towers are very similar to the prelim. Above it, it's clearly the carriage, the white horses and white roof gives it away. Above that, in the top left, next to the 5766 Creator log house, you can see half of a box of the Windmill set, so the bottom one has to be something else. Maybe an exclusive...?

Edit: it looks similar to 7946 King's Castle, but not quite the same; picture of 7946 box:

7946-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

I agree with both of you, and also was thinking. Could not be an expansion set for the already presented kings castle?

That would be magnificent¡

Thanks for the picture Darth Jar Jar! That looks pretty interesting. IMO it's definitely not the king's castle, the only similarity really is the red roof of a tower, but the rest looks totally different. it looks somewhat like some kind of smaller outpost or even an add-on for the big castle. It's funny, some days ago we were worrying if the line even continues, and now we get quite exciting news about civilian sets and maybe even more!

Edited by metalandi

I agree with both of you, and also was thinking. Could not be an expansion set for the already presented kings castle?

That would be magnificent¡

Or Medi-sized?

Whatever it is it is definitely not small, i'd say it's a bit smaller than king's castle, by the size of the box.

At a quick glance it looks like a seige tower and a castle tower. Tiny pixellated images are very misleading though.

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

Why oh why must they torture us this way! They release the sets in a catalog over which we drool for a month and now just as we think we know what to expect; BAM!! guess what! Another one! :laugh:

It's very possible it's a new one, after all we need a set in the $100+ range and the mill is too small for that. Here's hoping for a dragons leader!

At a quick glance it looks like a seige tower and a castle tower. Tiny pixellated images are very misleading though.

I hope we don't get another lions tower. But a dragon siege tower would be awesome....

I hope we don't get another lions tower. But a dragon siege tower would be awesome....

I think you have reason, seeing again the picture is what it looks like.

Well it seems more than 150 dollars to spend on this wave (and yet to expect if they give us impulse sets). :laugh:

If the mystery set ends up being a big castle set that costs over 100 dollars this wave will have as many sets as the last one did, focused more on Dragon Knights however.

Last wave we got:

Castle

Prison

Outpost

Prison Carriage

Knight Showdown

This wave we may get:

(mystery set)

Mill

Prison

King Carriage

Blacksmith

If only we get 2 more impulse sets! :wub:

Edited by Sirens-Of-Titan

Despite the speculation I'm pretty certain that the set at the bottom left is just the King's Castle. There may be some distortion given the poor resolution of the image, however you can still make out the general structure of the castle. I certainly wouldn't be getting too excited about this without something a bit more concrete.

I would also guess it is the Lion's castle. In the Fantasy Era line, the biggest set was also available for two years, so it makes perfect sense. Regarding the image itself. I do not only see the red roof of the tower, but also the horse barding of the king's horse, and the flags on the second smaller tower.

Overall, I do not expect a new large set. However, the lego sales on the website give a discount on the current two impulse sets (and the advent calender - but none of the other sets). May be that suggests we will get two new impulse sets?

In any case I deem new impulse sets more likely than a new big set.

Its definitely not lion castle if you look where the red roof is you can see the sunset sky is coming over past the tower but on the lions castle its only on the right side

:sweet: Though I may be wrong its a very blurry pic

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

Despite the speculation I'm pretty certain that the set at the bottom left is just the King's Castle. There may be some distortion given the poor resolution of the image, however you can still make out the general structure of the castle. I certainly wouldn't be getting too excited about this without something a bit more concrete.

I agree it's blurry but I've been playing with the blurry image and an image of the castle side by side and if you bring the contrast up on the blurry image, you get to see where the lightest part of the scene is. I agree that the tower is in the same spot it would be on the King's castle set, but there is a big open sky were the main gate should be. This is way lighter than it would be if the bley tower was there. There isn't a hint of the red slopes that cap the tower battlements in the castle set, and yet red is clearly visible in the tower a few inches away which means the reds came out well, and it's not a matter of resolution.Instead it suggests the battlements aren't there in the set. The last mystery is the area in the bottom left corner; big open beige spots, which don't correlate at all with the King's castle box.

Hmm, that is unless the bright spots are areas of glossy boxtop, reflecting light, in which case I may be wrong, but if you compare the set in the corner with the sets above, none of those reflect light in a way to distort the image on the box, so this is unlikely.

The plot thickens... Any other images by any chance Darth Jar Jar?

Edited by Sirens-Of-Titan

I agree it's blurry but I've been playing with the blurry image and an image of the castle side by side and if you bring the contrast up on the blurry image, you get to see where the lightest part of the scene is. I agree that the tower is in the same spot it would be on the King's castle set, but there is a big open sky were the main gate should be. This is way lighter than it would be if the bley tower was there. There isn't a hint of the red slopes that cap the tower battlements in the castle set, and yet red is clearly visible in the tower a few inches away which means the reds came out well, and it's not a matter of resolution.Instead it suggests the battlements aren't there in the set. The last mystery is the area in the bottom left corner; big open beige spots, which don't correlate at all with the King's castle box.

Hmm, that is unless the bright spots are areas of glossy boxtop, reflecting light, in which case I may be wrong, but if you compare the set in the corner with the sets above, none of those reflect light in a way to distort the image on the box, so this is unlikely.

The plot thickens... Any other images by any chance Darth Jar Jar?

I hope your right! :cry_happy:

I would like to see some better pictures of this. :classic:

Edit: When I was looking at the blurry picture next to the lion castle box I noticed that the banner that shows the age level, item number, and piece count was pointy on the blurry picture and square on the lion castle box.

Edited by CommanderR

I hope your right! :cry_happy:

I would like to see some better pictures of this. :classic:

Edit: When I was looking at the blurry picture next to the lion castle box I noticed that the banner that shows the age level, item number, and piece count was pointy on the blurry picture and square on the lion castle box.

Yes, I also noticed that the banner is definitely pointed on that box for some reason. I wonder if the Kings Castle is simply getting new box art next year?

Yes, I also noticed that the banner is definitely pointed on that box for some reason. I wonder if the Kings Castle is simply getting new box art next year?

That would be kind of odd IMO. :wacko:

That would be kind of odd IMO. :wacko:

Your right it would be. This photo really has me puzzled.

I agree it's blurry but I've been playing with the blurry image and an image of the castle side by side and if you bring the contrast up on the blurry image, you get to see where the lightest part of the scene is. I agree that the tower is in the same spot it would be on the King's castle set, but there is a big open sky were the main gate should be. This is way lighter than it would be if the bley tower was there. There isn't a hint of the red slopes that cap the tower battlements in the castle set, and yet red is clearly visible in the tower a few inches away which means the reds came out well, and it's not a matter of resolution. Instead it suggests the battlements aren't there in the set. The last mystery is the area in the bottom left corner; big open beige spots, which don't correlate at all with the King's castle box.

I hate to be the devil's advocate in this circumstance, but I think I can solve your mystery. That beige color is quite probably gold--as in the gold worn by the king in the King's Castle. Additionally, the lack of battlements is likely due to the angle of the box, which would make them appear to be smaller/thinner. I'd love to be wrong, but until proven guilty, I doubt that this set is a new one. :sadnew:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I hate to be the devil's advocate in this circumstance, but I think I can solve your mystery. That beige color is quite probably gold--as in the gold worn by the king in the King's Castle. Additionally, the lack of battlements is likely due to the angle of the box, which would make them appear to be smaller/thinner. I'd love to be wrong, but until proven guilty, I doubt that this set is a new one. :sadnew:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Then why is the banner on the box different?

I'm sorry guys, but it's definitely King's Castle. Look at where the Lion-shaped and brown support bricks are in King's Castle, the exact same shadow pattern is on the mystery box.

I'm sorry guys, but it's definitely King's Castle. Look at where the Lion-shaped and brown support bricks are in King's Castle, the exact same shadow pattern is on the mystery box.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. The rest of the sets in that picture all look like 2011 sets so, it would be kind of odd for them to present Kings Castle set since it would be the only 2010 set there. It is also certainly possible for the AFOL community to not know about all of the new Kingdoms sets 6 months before their release. Also, I looked at that picture very closely too and even though it does look similar there are enough differences that I think that it certainly is possible that it is another set we haven't heard about yet.

Edited by Jack Bricker

If that is in fact a new set in the photo I'm starting to think that if could be another set that is similar to the Kings Castle that is also modular so those who have both the Kings Castle and this set can easily combine them to create a large castle. I would expect a large Dragon Knights set to come out before a new set for the Lion Knights though so maybe this will end up being a large Dragon Knights castle set.

Edited by Nicker

It certainly is odd to have the king's castle there as the only old set, but it is also odd that the tower in the set is so similar to the one in the castle. A thought occurred to me; what if this is the same castle after a big war? Imagine if the rest of the wall is in ruin, there dragon knights siege equipment, and the only part left standing is the tower?

This may be justified because this wave definitely has the dragon Knights coming in full-strength, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were "winning the war" so far :grin: