mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

Thanks for new pics! They haven't changed anything, however. They've just affirmed further, in my opinion, that these are some of the best Castle sets I have seen in a very long time. I think the designers have taken advantage of not only all the new, specialized bricks, but also returned to a more classic design base in several of the sets. The little blacksmith set is genius. Many of them will hopefully be arriving for me when they are released! :wink:

Has anyone actually got these sets yet? If so, could you please take some photographs? I'd like to see more pictures or even a full review of these excellent new sets.

The kingdom village mill raid is now available on TRUS

Do you mean online or are they now in stores?

Do you mean online or are they now in stores?

Well, I know they were in stock online yesterday. However, they appear to be out of stock as of today.

Anyone knows when these new Kindoms sets were supposed to hit on the store selfs? Is it the same time as upcoming POTC line as well 8 May?

Captain Becker

I'm not sure, but I would expect around the same time as POTC or potentially in the summer like the last of the castle sets last year.

Well Pirates of the Carribean (not sure if I spelled that right)is supposed to come out in May because the movie will be out shortly. Though the summer wave of Kingdoms sets are supposed to come out in June. So you will be seeing sets pop up in the next few weeks or so.

Okay, guys, where are the reviews? I know these sets are out there! Those fleshies from POTC had reviews of every single set posted a day after the sets went on sale!

I hope I can hit TRU tomorrow. Please let them be in stock!

I went to TRU yesterday and they had all the POTC sets. And the new HP sets too. But no Kingdoms.. :thumbdown:

I'll call my local Lego store and see if they have them in.

Arent the kingdoms sets supposed to come out later? I remember reading something about june.

Yep, it's supposed to be a summer set. TRU USA has been releasing sets ahead of time to boost their sales.

I went to TRU yesterday and they had all the POTC sets. And the new HP sets too. But no Kingdoms.. :thumbdown:

I'll call my local Lego store and see if they have them in.

The new Harry Potter sets meaning The Battle, Forbidden Forest, and Knight Bus? Or just the ones that were released in October?

The new Harry Potter sets meaning The Battle, Forbidden Forest, and Knight Bus? Or just the ones that were released in October?

Sorry I have not been keeping up with the latest news. I don't know of these sets you speak of, but they sure sound interesting..

I meant the other ones you mentioned, I had not seen them in other stores until yesterday.

Right now on toysrus.com the new Kingdoms sets all show they are in stock for shipping and sold in stores, except for the Mill Village Raid which is listed but not in stock. However I'm not sure that the others aren't a glitch, as several posters have mentioned them going in and out of stock. I see this kind of thing on Amazon all the time when a release date isn't firm or is modified.

I can confirm PotC sets are in stores in the US. In Syracuse, NY, my local Toys 'R' Us had at least some of the sets (Queen Anne's Revenge being the most notable, but there were others) when I hit up their buy-one-get-half deal last weekend. I did not see any of the new Kingdoms sets, but thankfully they had restocked 2010 Kingdoms.

If sets being released early in the US is a trend, then I can hold out hope to see the new sets sooner than July. I'm not sure how much earlier they're releasing though (does anyone have more specific info?), since if the PotC sets weren't due out till May this still might mean a head start of only a week or so. Here's hoping Kingdoms 2011 show up in May....

PS: If anyone ordering online can confirm when the sets are actually delivered, please do!

Edited by Lummox JR

Right now on toysrus.com the new Kingdoms sets all show they are in stock for shipping and sold in stores, except for the Mill Village Raid which is listed but not in stock. However I'm not sure that the others aren't a glitch, as several posters have mentioned them going in and out of stock. I see this kind of thing on Amazon all the time when a release date isn't firm or is modified.

I can confirm PotC sets are in stores in the US. In Syracuse, NY, my local Toys 'R' Us had at least some of the sets (Queen Anne's Revenge being the most notable, but there were others) when I hit up their buy-one-get-half deal last weekend. I did not see any of the new Kingdoms sets, but thankfully they had restocked 2010 Kingdoms.

If sets being released early in the US is a trend, then I can hold out hope to see the new sets sooner than July. I'm not sure how much earlier they're releasing though (does anyone have more specific info?), since if the PotC sets weren't due out till May this still might mean a head start of only a week or so. Here's hoping Kingdoms 2011 show up in May....

PS: If anyone ordering online can confirm when the sets are actually delivered, please do!

They are being delivered. Check it out here

They are being delivered. Check it out here

Yes and that is a good thing, but the price on the delivery is nuts; 10$ for the smallest set + 6$ for shipping +state tax = about $20 for one set... I know, i know you can pick up multiples but if you just need one or two it's not a very good deal at all. The price of getting these 2 months in advance i guess. :laugh:

Yes and that is a good thing, but the price on the delivery is nuts; 10$ for the smallest set + 6$ for shipping +state tax = about $20 for one set... I know, i know you can pick up multiples but if you just need one or two it's not a very good deal at all. The price of getting these 2 months in advance i guess. :laugh:

Yeah I wasn't trying to imply that it was the best way to get them right now, just that they are in fact in stock. The individual in that thread got them on sale last week (I believe). The only one I would've bought through the sale last week would've been the Mill and it was never in stock (that I saw). That is mainly due to the way TRU handles their online sales making it impossible to buy multiples of the sale. By that I mean, if it's buy 1 get 1 half off and you buy 4, you only get the discount on 1 and not 2. This forces you to break up the orders, which forces you to pay stupid shipping rates. If they would've been in store however, I would've bought multiples of most of the sets.

That is mainly due to the way TRU handles their online sales making it impossible to buy multiples of the sale. By that I mean, if it's buy 1 get 1 half off and you buy 4, you only get the discount on 1 and not 2.

I agree with the gist of your post - the shipping rates killed the potential savings. But that part is untrue. I was loading up a shopping cart several times last week, trying to find a combination that I could afford and would actually save me some money, and they did in fact give discounts on two sets if you bought four. At one point I was looking at two $20 sets and two $10 sets, and one set from each price point was half off.

But, as we all agreed, they nail you on the shipping, so in the end I didn't buy anything. If the sets I wanted had been in the stores at the time, it would have been a whole different ballgame. They had the timing of this sale planned with fiendish precision. Good for TRU, not so good for eager AFOLs.

That's true, but as of yesterday there was a free shipping deal going on for orders of $100 or more. A large order to be sure, but I grabbed one blacksmith attack, one prison, and two carriages and ended up with an order of just over $100. You can surely get better deal down the line, but I'm just too excited for these sets to wait any longer! :grin:

I agree with the gist of your post - the shipping rates killed the potential savings. But that part is untrue. I was loading up a shopping cart several times last week, trying to find a combination that I could afford and would actually save me some money, and they did in fact give discounts on two sets if you bought four. At one point I was looking at two $20 sets and two $10 sets, and one set from each price point was half off.

Then they recently changed it (or I somehow was messing it up in the past). If I had known that I would've gone ahead and bought some sets because it was free shipping for an order over $100 and that wouldn't have been too hard to put together.

They have the King's Carriage in stock at the Bloomington, MN TRU. None of the other new ones though.

I was about to order the Imperial Flagship from Legoshop, but when I read this thread I ordered it from Toys R us' website along with the new castle sets. Nabbed free shipping on the deal. Legoshop wanted $15 shipping for the flagship, so I pretty much got the Blacksmith set for free. I wish the Mill had been instock too, but I guess I can wait a little longer.