mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

I bet if we grease up that carriage and get a good running start it would make it through! :laugh:

The weapons are dark bley because they were never designed for the kingdoms anyway. They were designed for one of the games and TLG made good use of them by releasing them in kingdoms as well. I would guess what we have seen is very close to the final product.

The Dragon knights use the darker grey weapons, so might the blacksmith be actually working for the Dragon knights.....just a thought. :wink:

If you look at the face of the blacksmith in that set (if my memory serves me right), he doesn't look upset at all. :wink:

The Dragon knights use the darker grey weapons, so might the blacksmith be actually working for the Dragon knights.....just a thought. :wink:

If you look at the face of the blacksmith in that set (if my memory serves me right), he doesn't look upset at all. :wink:

Interesting theory, but remember that the set is called "Blacksmith Attack." So I don't think he'd be attacked by one of the knights he makes weapons for. :classic:

Interesting theory, but remember that the set is called "Blacksmith Attack." So I don't think he'd be attacked by one of the knights he makes weapons for. :classic:

Well, the Blacksmith and the Dragon Knight might have had a disagreement about the price of the weapons when the Dragon Knight decided, after seeing the finished weapons of course, that the price of "free, or I stab you" had a nice ring to it and the Blacksmith opted to take his chances with the latter of those choices.

The weapons are dark bley because they were never designed for the kingdoms anyway. They were designed for one of the games and TLG made good use of them by releasing them in kingdoms as well. I would guess what we have seen is very close to the final product.

I thought he meant that the blacksmith character hasn't finished working on the weapons, rather than the blacksmith set hasn't been finalised. Also, I'm pretty sure that TLG can make any piece in any colour they want without difficulty.

Hey, maybe it's an instruction: "Blacksmith, ATTACK!"

Well, the Blacksmith and the Dragon Knight might have had a disagreement about the price of the weapons when the Dragon Knight decided, after seeing the finished weapons of course, that the price of "free, or I stab you" had a nice ring to it and the Blacksmith opted to take his chances with the latter of those choices.

Hah. That would be sweet. And shows how evil the Dragon Knights truly are.

True, it is called 'Blacksmith Attack' - possibly it's the blacksmith who attacks a customer...being the dragon knight who has a complaint about a sword not being sharp enough ? :laugh:

I agree with you too. I think the blacksmith's allegiance is to the Dragon Knights. Look at the breastplate too, its a darker grey, not the light grey that the Lion Knights have. Just a thought. Its kind of cool knowing that civilian part of life extends to the Dragon KNights.

I thought he meant that the blacksmith character hasn't finished working on the weapons, rather than the blacksmith set hasn't been finalised. Also, I'm pretty sure that TLG can make any piece in any colour they want without difficulty.

Hey, maybe it's an instruction: "Blacksmith, ATTACK!"

Gedren y may very well have meant the blacksmith was still working on the weapons. I'm not sure. I could read that sentence to have both meanings...

Is the blacksmith working for the Dragon Knights? Could very well be. The weapons are not dark pearl grey but the armor certainly is. Perhaps the weapons are that dark grey color because the blacksmith isn't finished... :laugh:

I'm just reading up on blacksmithing in this era right now, it seems two kinds of metal were being produced.....iron for casting and steel for weapons.....it might appear that our weapons collection in the blacksmith set are finished all but the poilshing. :laugh:

Note to one's self, watch more Time Team ! :wink:

I'm just reading up on blacksmithing in this era right now, it seems two kinds of metal were being produced.....iron for casting and steel for weapons.....it might appear that our weapons collection in the blacksmith set are finished all but the poilshing. :laugh:

Note to one's self, watch more Time Team ! :wink:

And also the non metal colored weapons in previous castle sets are all fakes or just wood!

Dragon army fans rejoice! We're finally getting our lopsided distribution of minifigs. The barding looks great, I am so excited about picking up one of each set! Has TLG announced the projected release date/month?

My guess is that the dragon is meant t attack the blacksmith (fits with the MVR and the title + the colour scheme of the blacksmith is not such as to show allegiance to the dragons. But then again, isn't that the beauty of LEGO: if you want him to work for the dragons, you can easily incorporate him in their faction. You're the boss :laugh:

Dragon army fans rejoice! We're finally getting our lopsided distribution of minifigs. The barding looks great, I am so excited about picking up one of each set! Has TLG announced the projected release date/month?

Well not really that lopsided considering The Village Mill Raid is the most expensive set. So it would be costly if you tried to even out your armies that way. Escape from Dragon Prison and the King's Wagon Ambush are both 2v2. and Blacksmith Attack is a cheap way to get extra Dragon Knights. But your army will still be lopsided because your Dragon Knight Army will mostly be knights while the Lion Kingdom has mostly soldiers.

Well not really that lopsided considering The Village Mill Raid is the most expensive set. So it would be costly if you tried to even out your armies that way. Escape from Dragon Prison and the King's Wagon Ambush are both 2v2. and Blacksmith Attack is a cheap way to get extra Dragon Knights. But your army will still be lopsided because your Dragon Knight Army will mostly be knights while the Lion Kingdom has mostly soldiers.

Then again, one MVR adds three dragon soldiers versus zero lions. Additionally, the carriage includes just one lion and a king versus two dragons. Buying one of each set means at least a surplus of four dragons, while the old sets outbalanced the dragons by five (not counting the king, but including the prince in the advent calender), so all in all it makes it fairly equal.

Then again, one MVR adds three dragon soldiers versus zero lions. Additionally, the carriage includes just one lion and a king versus two dragons. Buying one of each set means at least a surplus of four dragons, while the old sets outbalanced the dragons by five (not counting the king, but including the prince in the advent calender), so all in all it makes it fairly equal.

I guess you are right. I was mainly referring to buying only Lego sets to build armies. I guess very little people do that and just buy the minifigures themselves from bricklink to save money. But the dragon knights still has more elite troops vs regular. Perhaps Lego's intention to allow them to beat the lion knights even though they are outnumbered. I count the King and Wizard as troops too.

Well, when you think about it those were the major complaints/requests by fans last year! More dragon knights, a dragon knights cavalry unit, civilian sets, a cheaper King, and of course animal molds! :thumbup: This wave is a testament to the fact that LEGO listens to AFOL's and that AFOL"s know where it's at. :wink:

Well, when you think about it those were the major complaints/requests by fans last year! More dragon knights, a dragon knights cavalry unit, civilian sets, a cheaper King, and of course animal molds! :thumbup: This wave is a testament to the fact that LEGO listens to AFOL's and that AFOL"s know where it's at. :wink:

Yep I fully agree with you: this wave is an answer to all our requests. I just hope there will be another wave like this. Perhaps one that includes a dragon fortress. But even now this is already one of the best castle lines, in my opinion.

When you see it written out like that, it does kind of make this year's releases seem that much more impressive. LOL

Wow! These new sets look amazing... however, they seem a little too fan pleasing... I have a bad feeling this is the last of the kingdoms sets. But what a wave to go out on! Im sure Lego will come up with a theme just as good to replace it.

Edited by Tom Dickenharry

Wow! These new sets look amazing... however, they seem a little too fan pleasing... I have a bad feeling this is the last of the kingdoms sets. But what a wave to go out on! Im sure Lego will come up with a theme just as good to replace it.

I certainly hope it's NOT the end.

I'd like to see TLG EXPAND the theme, instead of just replacing it with something else. After all, the name "Kingdoms" is pretty inclusive. They could expand to more human "kingdoms", or even delve back into the fantasy realm with other "kingdoms", such as elves, dwarves, trolls, etc.

I think that a lot more can be done with this theme and I'd hate to see it prematurely 'killed off'...especially since we haven't even had a decent castle for the dragon knights yet.

Release a new 'Dragon castle', fix the problems with the battle packs/release new, PROPER battle packs, toss in a few new impulse sets, a couple more civilian sets and THEN maybe consider finishing the line.

I agree completely, Im not saying I hope/ wish it too be the end, it'd be fantastic for it to continue. Im just saying, Lego hardly ever does as much fan servise, exept in large expensive sets towards the end of a theme.

I agree completely, Im not saying I hope/ wish it too be the end, it'd be fantastic for it to continue. Im just saying, Lego hardly ever does as much fan servise, exept in large expensive sets towards the end of a theme.

I don't think the norm for Lego is the norm anymore. MMV was a huge success. Catering to AFOLs is smart for lego, as we most likely will buy multiples of a particular set (if not all in a wave). Also, given the success of Lego financial, I'm sure they are more willing to try new things.

Also, this theme has a lot of potential, and it isn't like Lego to end a line prematurely. I'm sure this theme will last for another year or two, with the addition of a new faction.

Remember back to Castle theme, a new factions were brought in.

If that would be the case, the city theme would also have ended after the introduction of the farm subtheme. I don't think having civilian medieval sets now equals the end of the theme.

This theme will not end until they bring out a dragon knight castle, it stands to reason for them to make the most bang for their buck.

Why go to all the trouble of creating to opposing factions if your never ganna give one side a fortess. why create conflict if your not ganna give people the option of who to side with, and also Lego know that people will buy it especially if they leave it as one of their last set for kingdom, it will complete collection.

Cedric the bull never had a castle and people felt really let down by that fact, I don't think TLG will do that again. :classic: