mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

Just seen that Amazon UK has already got the sets listed and available for pre-order

LEGO Kingdoms Blacksmith Attack £9.49

LEGO Kingdoms King's Carriage Ambush £35.99

LEGO Kingdoms Escape from Dragon's Prison £18.99

LEGO Kingdoms Mill Village Raid £66.99

D

Wow Dazmundo! Maybe we won't be waiting until August for these after all. I expected a May or Early June release anyway but this is good news indeed.

It would be sweet if they were released early. The more pictures I see of this line, the more I want these sets. The Mill was on my budget list the moment I heard about it and the Blacksmith soon followed. After the latest pics, I replaced the UFO abduction in my budget with the Dragon prison. I think it's a really decent set for $20. My only gripe about the set is the flick fire cart.

Wow Dazmundo! Maybe we won't be waiting until August for these after all. I expected a May or Early June release anyway but this is good news indeed.

They have the release date as 1st June!

D

June sounds about right. Last year I picked up the new sets on May 18th at the LEGO stores here in the USA.

Decent looking sets. The only big one though is the Village Attack. The rest are small. The Prison Escape is almost a battlepack. It will make a decent army builder. The King's Ambush has some nice trees and a nice looking carriage, which is nice. Overall though I'm kind of disappointed in these sets. It seems like Lego has started a trend with the past few Castle themes. They have a strong first year with a good number of large and small sets, and then in the second or third year they come out with like 4 sets and then end the theme. Its very disheartening.

Decent looking sets. The only big one though is the Village Attack. The rest are small. The Prison Escape is almost a battlepack. It will make a decent army builder. The King's Ambush has some nice trees and a nice looking carriage, which is nice. Overall though I'm kind of disappointed in these sets. It seems like Lego has started a trend with the past few Castle themes. They have a strong first year with a good number of large and small sets, and then in the second or third year they come out with like 4 sets and then end the theme. Its very disheartening.

LEGO's strategy makes a lot of sense when you think about it. In the first year LEGO needs to entice buyers with a lot of new product. In year 2 when the second wave rolls in, many children haven't acquired all of the sets from previous year. Let's not forget that in the 1980s, many of LEGO's best castle sets were available for 3 or more years.

For me, the offerings in 2011 are fantastic and complement the larger offerings from 2010 extremely well. We now have a greater assortment of Dragon Knights and a blossoming civilian population; something that is exceedingly rare in the world of LEGO Castle. While the MMV broke new ground, it was a S@H exclusive aimed at older consumers. The Village Raid is the first large civilian set targeted at LEGO's core demographic; children. Last year I didn't purchase multiples of any of the large Kingdoms sets. This year I expect to purchase at least 3 Village Raids so I'm not sure if I'd agree that the second year is as weak as you're suggesting.

LEGO's strategy makes a lot of sense when you think about it. In the first year LEGO needs to entice buyers with a lot of new product. In year 2 when the second wave rolls in, many children haven't acquired all of the sets from previous year. Let's not forget that in the 1980s, many of LEGO's best castle sets were available for 3 or more years.

For me, the offerings in 2011 are fantastic and complement the larger offerings from 2010 extremely well. We now have a greater assortment of Dragon Knights and a blossoming civilian population; something that is exceedingly rare in the world of LEGO Castle. While the MMV broke new ground, it was a S@H exclusive aimed at older consumers. The Village Raid is the first large civilian set targeted at LEGO's core demographic; children. Last year I didn't purchase multiples of any of the large Kingdoms sets. This year I expect to purchase at least 3 Village Raids so I'm not sure if I'd agree that the second year is as weak as you're suggesting.

Indeed the offerings in 2011 are better that we could have expected, civilian sets were demanded for AFOL´s in the MMV

thought a little bit hard to get as was introduced in the market as exclusive.

Hopefully LEGO will develop more sets as the Village Raids, as you say its primary core is children and I think gonna be a huge success, all sets IMHO are strong enough for this wave, just perhaps the kings chariot is the weakest, for there are no more things than a carriage and two trees for a set of that value.

Well I think is the only one Im passing of buying it, not because I dont like, but I feel are better sets for that value, or to buy another copy of the Village Raid.

Just curious how many do you expect to expend on this wave??

In my case and because Im a full time student, 1 Village Raid, 2 Prison sets, 4 Blacksmith sets = 150 dollars

I must say, as is the general feeling, I am pleasantly surprised. :thumbup:

Aside from the King's Castle, the first line of Kingdoms was one of the absolute worst Lego lineups I've ever seen. They looked like a 4-year old could make them. :hmpf_bad:

This second line is a great improvement- I assume that's the general opinion?

Aside from the King's Castle, the first line of Kingdoms was one of the absolute worst Lego lineups I've ever seen. They looked like a 4-year old could make them. :hmpf_bad:

Been honest the last wave it was ok, I give a 8-10 to all sets, but the outpost a 5.

Here is a review of the prison tower wich i think is not <insert that tiresome argument>, in fact i have read some people prefered first than the kings castle. Not my case. :grin:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42034

I must say, as is the general feeling, I am pleasantly surprised. :thumbup:

Uh, no that is not the general opinion. If you look around the historical forum, at the kingdoms sets reviews, the two main kingdoms threads you will find that a lot of people disagree with you. Also, most 4 year olds cannot even build a castle with instructions let alone design one. Do you even have the Kings Castle from the Kingdoms line? I think that Lego is taking a big step in the right direction by releasing these civilian based sets and it is a real shame that some AFOLs, who were not around when Lego was in it's dark ages, cannot even recognize it.

Indeed the offerings in 2011 are better that we could have expected, civilian sets were demanded for AFOL´s in the MMV

thought a little bit hard to get as was introduced in the market as exclusive.

Hopefully LEGO will develop more sets as the Village Raids, as you say its primary core is children and I think gonna be a huge success, all sets IMHO are strong enough for this wave, just perhaps the kings chariot is the weakest, for there are no more things than a carriage and two trees for a set of that value.

Well I think is the only one Im passing of buying it, not because I dont like, but I feel are better sets for that value, or to buy another copy of the Village Raid.

Just curious how many do you expect to expend on this wave??

In my case and because Im a full time student, 1 Village Raid, 2 Prison sets, 4 Blacksmith sets = 150 dollars

I am thinking

1 Village Raid

5 Escape from Prison - I don't want to risk them not making a Joust set, and just 1 horse barding is not enough

1 King's Carraige Ambush - for the new printed horses and new King minifig

1 Blacksmith Attack - If this set had 3 minifigs it would be also a great battlepack type set. Even with only two minifigs it has tons of weapons most of them new, and an armor piece and the special Dragon Knight. Perhaps I will get extras for the armor pieces, weapons, and extra dragon knights and civilians.

Total 220. Unless I want to buy some more Blacksmith Attacks or an extra Village Raid.

I don't look at this as a normal set. To me it is a battle pack. Included in this battle pack is an awesome armored horse instead of a 5th soldier. You also get two lion knights with different torsos. You get the dragon knight with the chainmail and dark green cowl(the most useful and rare of all torsos in this line IMHO) and the mounted knight with the new armor and helmet. Then you throw in $5.00 worth of useful bricks. I will take these approximately 125 bricks for $5. I think it is a bargain. I will get more of this set than any of the others and so I for one am glad this is a "weak" set. To make it stronger would have upped the price and ruined it for me.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am thinking

1 Village Raid

5 Escape from Prison - I don't want to risk them not making a Joust set, and just 1 horse barding is not enough

1 King's Carraige Ambush - for the new printed horses and new King minifig

1 Blacksmith Attack - If this set had 3 minifigs it would be also a great battlepack type set. Even with only two minifigs it has tons of weapons most of them new, and an armor piece and the special Dragon Knight. Perhaps I will get extras for the armor pieces, weapons, and extra dragon knights and civilians.

Total 220. Unless I want to buy some more Blacksmith Attacks or an extra Village Raid.

I am thinking 1-4-1-1, so very similar to you. The difference here is that our prices are likely to be closer to extortion... more like $300, and probably not available until much later.

I am thinking 1-4-1-1, so very similar to you. The difference here is that our prices are likely to be closer to extortion... more like $300, and probably not available until much later.

Well after seeing the joust idea perhaps more of the prison escapes are necesary.

Extortion, I feel you man...

Same here, almost 250% of increase on price.

We can always try buying online :laugh:

Honestly think thats what im going to do :grin:

I guess I am kinda crazy but I will get approximately 4 mills, 2 carriages, about 15 prison sets, and 10 or so blacksmiths. However I will wait to get 20% off during Brickworld for the purchase. I might get one of each on the day of release to write some reviews. I can't wait to feed the chickens and pet the goats!

I guess I am kinda crazy but I will get approximately 4 mills, 2 carriages, about 15 prison sets, and 10 or so blacksmiths. However I will wait to get 20% off during Brickworld for the purchase. I might get one of each on the day of release to write some reviews. I can't wait to feed the chickens and pet the goats!

No I think you have money. That makes it acceptable. If I had a lot of money, I could see myself getting mass Mills, Dragon Prisons and Blacksmith attacks. Sale or not.

:oh3: That's lame. I am guessing Canada?

Edited by lego40k

Is it possable if we could all get back on topic and stop talking about wishlists.

I know it's exciting and all, but this form is not to talk about wishlists, but is to talk about the kingdoms sets.

If you want to talk kingdoms wishlists...you can go start a form for that.

Thanks for understanding.

Anyway, I think if there is going to be a third wave; a jousting tournament set would be superb.

:oh3: That's lame. I am guessing Canada?

If you can see under his name, he lives in Australia :wink:

Anyways, the same haul would cost $255 in Canada. Still pretty bad if you ask me.

Is it possable if we could all get back on topic and stop talking about wishlists.

I know it's exciting and all, but this form is not to talk about wishlists, but is to talk about the kingdoms sets.

If you want to talk kingdoms wishlists...you can go start a form for that.

Thanks for understanding.

Anyway, I think if there is going to be a third wave; a jousting tournament set would be superb.

Topic is 2011 Kingdoms. 3rd wave won't be 2011, so apparently now you're off topic. Besides, "a jousting tournament set would be superb" sounds a bit like a wishlist to me? :wacko::laugh:

:classic: yep!

Oh I must say I love reading others' buy list. I call it a buy list because that's what I'm going to buy, not wish for. 3 Mills, 2 Carriage, 3 Prison, 3 Blacksmith.

Anyways, the same haul would cost $255 in Canada. Still pretty bad if you ask me.

Oops my bad. I forgot about the location thing in the profile.

I was counting my minifigs, and wow the Dragon Knights have a hig ratio of "general" to soldier. I only have experience with Crown Knights/Trolls and now Lion/Dragon Knights. The Crown Knights/Trolls/Lion Knights mostly have regular soldiers with the occasional general with the special armor, helmet, or printing. While for the Dragon Knights, the sets are lacking in Dragon knight Soldiers but like half the sets has a dragon knight general! Unless you don't count the Advent Calendar or the Great Helm Dragon Knight minifig in the Prison Tower Rescue. I think Dragon Knights is my only faction where I have as many special printing torsos as I do of the regular printing torsos.

And for wave 2, the blacksmith attack and escape from dragon prison come with another 2! looks like my Dragon Knight army will be mainly elite soldiers!

Forgive my repeating what others may have said.

I recall a time on this forum when we asked for more "farm" like animals, more villages and people of the kingdom. Well what a surprise to find they listened and supplied! We have cows, chickens, goats, sheep, pigs, villagers the list goes on. We see a return to the classic buildings of the past like a blacksmith and a gate/jail set even a call back to the old carriges.

The following is my opinion, I only share it out of person view not any detailed anaylsis.

Pros

Farm settings

Medieval Minifig Civilians

Return to what works mixed with the risky new

Cons

New design sword and axe >as seen in blacksmith< Contraversial of me but I am a grumpy old man today :p

Set to buy.

Speaking as an AFOL I would most likely invest in the Mill Village Attack then Escape from Dragons Prison for the horse barding <3

In view of future... I would love the Dragons base to be like the Black Knights Castle (not Monarchs Castle) but from the "wooden-ness" of the wall it is unlikely. Will be interesting to see what a large Dragon base will look like when/if released.

All round a nice little release, I always have prefered the human vs human days of castle. I look forward to more from the series.

I recall a time on this forum when we asked for more "farm" like animals, more villages and people of the kingdom. Well what a surprise to find they listened and supplied! We have cows, chickens, goats, sheep, pigs, villagers the list goes on. We see a return to the classic buildings of the past like a blacksmith and a gate/jail set even a call back to the old carriages. ...

Indeed, they have done as we have asked, and it makes sense, considering AFOL's probably generate a good chunk of Lego's revenue. (I mean honestly someone should do a survey, what with buying multiple sets and spending hundreds to thousands of dollars a year on Lego)

Make me think we should start a petition and a voting thread for what we would like to see next wave. :wink: