mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

I mean the sets are really nice, as are the new animals like the horse and pig, but do we really need some chicken....come on these brick build one from MM where nice and I think TLG is going too far with all these new molds.... :sceptic:

In the last picture, the Dragon Knight in the spider-web-tree is holding in his left hand a... fish?!? :wacko: I suppose that's not part of the official set – or is this a strange nod towards Monty Python? "You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a... HERRING!" :laugh:

Cool! The only real complaint I have is that the windmill is a bit too short.

New weapons in the blacksmith shop! :thumbup:

In the last picture, the Dragon Knight in the spider-web-tree is holding in his left hand a... fish?!? :wacko: I suppose that's not part of the official set – or is this a strange nod towards Monty Python? "You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a... HERRING!" :laugh:

Your right.....it is a fish ! :laugh:

Either he's hungry or it's a new weapon - the fish of death ! :laugh:

'prateek' beat me to it, NEW WEAPONS - AWESOME ! :grin:

Plus a chicken....the blacksmith has a guard chicken.......this is seeming to be like Monty Python eh ? :wink:

Keep on ....going 'Pip !" :laugh:

Amazing!!!

Love these sets.

Nice pearl gates, barding, and pearl visor from the escape from dragon prison set.

The mill village looks great too.

Blacksmith has some wonderful new pieces.

And the carriage is a nice set too with some great prints on the horses.

Excellent stuff! I like all four sets, and it is nice to see that there will be four new civilian torsos (great!!).

Originally I thought the Dragon prison was not going to be super, but I really like how that set turned out: the dragon mounted knight is great and there seems to be a more casual part to the structure as well.

I also love all these animals. I tend to disagree with people who want brick-built animals. The chicken in the MMV was ok, but it did not fit the cows and the pigs. The new mold is just far more compatible.

Now the only thing I am still curious about is the interiors. What is inside the will and the barn? How does the backside of the dragon prison look? Is there anything in the trees of the carriage set? Anyway, I will have a hard time waiting until all these sets come out!

Hey, I just noticed the brickbuilt bird on top of the barn, which kinda defeats the purpose of the new chickens, right? :sceptic:

I'm going to buy all of them except the prison escape one, I love civilian sets and I really like the king carriage and the new weapons too!! When are these going out? June?

Oh and it also seems that the king has a new torso (the colour of the arms and torso is different from the current one).

Hey, I just noticed the brickbuilt bird on top of the barn, which kinda defeats the purpose of the new chickens, right? :sceptic:

I think that is only one of those fake-chicken that they put on top of the houses in Europe, did anyone noticed the strange mechanism attached to a tree in the ambush?

Dang, they replaced the printed tiles on the Blacksmith shop with dark brown ones. Oh well, at least it still has everything else.

What a fantastic year for Castle!

Honestly, the final production models are such a step above the original prototype photos we were first introduced to back in December. We finally have grey horses and most of the animals have proper printing. The village is an incredible parts pack with a great assortment of figures and animals. The tan, brown and dark tan bricks are absolutely perfect. The Blacksmith shop actually looks like it could be the other real best bargain here with a great assortment of new accessories and an unpainted dark pearl breastplate. Between this and POTC I'm going to be utterly broke when it comes to LEGO.

The blacksmith's new weapons look like that they come from the same "wheel" like the 5-piece tool wheel.

HOLY HAWTNESS!!! These pics are great! Not sure about the new weapons, but LOVE the new printed animals, especially the horses. Looks like the king got a new torso along with three new peasant torsos!

Looks like the blacksmith has an apron print on his legs.

Edited by UsernameMDM

I'm really really impressed with the quality and diversity of these new sets, and will try to get them all if I can. LEGO really seems to have stepped up with 2011 Kingdoms and this could easily end up being my favourite Castle theme of all time.

I think that is only one of those fake-chicken that they put on top of the houses in Europe, did anyone noticed the strange mechanism attached to a tree in the ambush?

:laugh: It's a huge hammer to squash the Crownies...

Oh my oh my. Thank you, Lego Freak! :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy: Look at them...

I don't need to point out the details, like the printed horses, pitchforks, and the squeeee teeny buckets squeeee, because they've all been pointed out already. :tongue: But man I love those teeny buckets! :wub:

One thing I'm not a fan of, however, is the hundreds of new weapons. What's wrong with what we've got? Do we really need a new sword, axe, mace, dagger, hook-on-a-stick thing, etcetera blah blah?

I am all for the new bow though. I will say it looks better in brown than dark grey though.

Still, these sets look marvellous. Hooray for Kingdoms! :thumbup:

I thought the Dragon Prison Escape would be bigger & more awesome... but with MOUNTED DRAGON KNIGHT WITH BARDING & OVOID SHIELD I think I will just have to buy an armful of this set!

The others look pretty cool and interesting etc, but not so good for army building. 1 each will suffice for me.

Edited by Artanis I

Hah, neither of you are farm boys (or girls), are you? It's a weather vane...

Hah, neither of you are farm boys (or girls), are you? It's a weather vane...

Yeah I meant to say that too...

Heh, looking at these new pics, there's definitely something nice in each of the sets, but I'm feeling a bit ripped off by the Dragon Prison. Why can't the Dragons get one solid structure that's not just a facade? From the old pics I had thought maybe this set would connect nicely to make the back side of the Prison Tower, but it's going to need some serious modding to make that work.

I'm also not really feeling those chickens. But the goats are ADORABLE, and the spotted pig must be mine. Really loving the Mill Raid set.

I've just found a couple of pics on spieletest.at:

gallery_2955_116_32247.jpg

gallery_2955_116_34269.jpg

gallery_2955_116_13467.jpg

gallery_2955_116_8230.jpg

gallery_2955_116_49008.jpg

WOW!!! Simply amazing!! Thanks for the photos!!! really amzing!!! buy it for sure! love the new animals and parts! great add-ona!!!

Edited by I Scream Clone
Resized pics

Wow! *oh2*

I was not expecting that many new weapons! These are the answers to our prayers! :wub:

Animals are fantastic, I'm glad they went with a new printed pig, and the horse looks great.

The prison set is quite plain but the dragon knight more than makes up for it! Finally a worthy mount for the dragon hordes! :grin:

The carriage set is quite strange; it looks like a weird MOC more than an actual set, but I guess the printed horses and head gear makes it an OK set.

The smith is great, although I wish there was a white chicken in the set instead of dark tan. New torso, tons of weapons, and bricks make this a multiple must have.

Here's hoping for another wave in the future after these sell out within a week of release! :laugh::wub:

Thanks for the pics muscleman, I have uploaded slightly smaller ones as they are larger than the guidelines allow (800x600 :wink: )

Grey horse! Dirty pig! Chickens! Great parts in rare colours! Its looking good. :look:

First post updated!

Cheers.

Ooh, nice. Luckily, there's a single chicken with the blacksmith set, so I don't miss out on the animal excitement. :tongue:

Well, looks about the same as what we've seen previously. The new weapons are great, however they look a bit too realistic. :classic: