mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

I'm actually hoping for a lot more civilian sets as well, I would kill to see a set of a peasant hovel that can be rebuild i 2 or 3 ways, so that you can grab like 6 a make a small town; I would also love to see a windmill, and a farmhouse.

I think if they were done more like the Creator houses it would be great. I picked up a used Majistos Workshop and it has something like 4 alternates which is impressive for such a humble set.

I can't imagine that this set would not be designed in a similar style to the MMV. TLG gives me the impression that their target customers (i.e. children) prefer the castles and battle themed sets, so it would make sense for the Mill to be targeted toward AFOLs who have been asking for civilian sets in the castle theme. They would reach less of an audience if they offered a <insert that tiresome argument> Medieval Mill.

I totally agree with you, MCNwakeboard!

Surely it'll be in the MVV style.

And supposably it'll be about the same size like MVV - but a bit smaller since 1. I bet that it'll be the early spring Exclusive (like Emerald Night and Space Shuttle Adventure) around/after Easter and so will supposably be 90 Euros and 2. I bet that there'll be (although it'll be mainly addressed to AFOLS) a PF motor with battery box included which increases the price for the set.

Klaus-Dieter

White pigs? I hope he's confused or that they're using them as stand-ins for sheep.

Steve

I would feel safe to say that this windmill set would have up to 2000 pieces....why you may ask ?

windmill_1.jpg7944f4cd-bade-47d7-ab01-303cd1164481Large.jpgwindmill.jpg

Oh, I don't know I just got this feeling.......it will be the perfect addition to the MMV ! :grin:

Keep on waiting ! :wink:

Hey everyone! Our member Ferdik posted this in the 2011 City thread and I didn't see anything about it over here so I thought I would start a thread for 2011 Kingdoms rumors.

A windmill seems interesting, as well as new printed animals.

I like this type stuff better than outposts and drawbridges :thumbup: .

-Derek :classic:

This sounds awesome! I'm looking forward to the release of some more civilian sets, its something that a ton of older builders would like to see. I think lego should make a sub-theme for civilian sets. :)

It really is hard to not get expectations up high for this set. I really, really hope this will have great design as the mmv, and will not be a more <insert that tiresome argument> set. On the other hand, if it's a "regular" set (still not bad, but less detailed as mmv style sets) that could be the first set of a new civilian subtheme, which would be great. But i doubt that, since we haven't heard anything about other kingdoms set for next year, just about this one set, which makes it high likely that it indeed is a special one-off mmv style release.

I would feel safe to say that this windmill set would have up to 2000 pieces....why you may ask ?

Oh, I don't know I just got this feeling.......it will be the perfect addition to the MMV ! :grin:

Keep on waiting ! :wink:

I don't think it would have that many pieces. MMV has 1,601 pieces, and to be a perfect addition to MMV, I think it would have to be the same size and scale. :sceptic:

To fit the mmv, it would have to be bigger than the buildings in it, for sure. Also, there would be multiple more parts needed, like the wings, and i bet they'd make it functional aswell, so there needs to be some mechanism inside, and not to forget the interior, and also maybe a second, small building next to the mill. So in the end there would for sure be at least as much pieces as MMV has. I really can't wait to see first pictures of this. Too bad we don't have a set number yet, cause that way we could tell for sure if it'll be an exclusive, or a regular set.

Edited by metalandi

When you think about it this is a master move by Lego!! :cry_happy:

AFOL's have been complaining about lack of civilian sets for years and when the MMV came out it was the holy grail of sets! With a wave of Kingdoms sets released last summer to keep the kids happy, and with no new sets this spring they can just bring in this exclusive and hit us over the head with it (or over the wallet so to speak)

I can't wait to see the details; painted horses and sheep will make a phenomenal addition to any other civilian MOC's.

I can see it looking something like this: (at least the color scheme)

1265_image2.jpg

appaloosa.jpg

As far as sheep I will need to get a herd of 10 or more!!

I wonder how Lego's gonna pull this one off.

As for the rest of the Kingdoms line, it's sad to see it go so soon.

As for the rest of the Kingdoms line, it's sad to see it go so soon.

What? Who said the Kingdoms line is going?

I know there has been a bit of leaking going on, but people hardly know what to make of that anyway. They're trying to decipher what is Duplo and what isn't, and it's pretty early on for the summer wholeseller brochures anyway I think.

What? Who said the Kingdoms line is going?

I know there has been a bit of leaking going on, but people hardly know what to make of that anyway. They're trying to decipher what is Duplo and what isn't, and it's pretty early on for the summer wholeseller brochures anyway I think.

Well, I haven't seen any traces of it continuing, so I just assumed...

I think it's too early to call the line dead/comatose. The Kingdoms sets hit shelves around May or June of this year. I would expect a full year to pass before a new wave. Since the January/Spring 2011 catalog just leaked, I would assume to see a summer catalog in about 3 months or so. But I'm pretty new to this hobby and that's just my assumption.

I think it's too early to call the line dead/comatose. The Kingdoms sets hit shelves around May or June of this year. I would expect a full year to pass before a new wave. Since the January/Spring 2011 catalog just leaked, I would assume to see a summer catalog in about 3 months or so. But I'm pretty new to this hobby and that's just my assumption.

But themes don't usually skip lines.

That is a really big assumption. Lets see Lego is coming out with a new exclusive for that theme next year and the theme has sold very well, at least in my area, and it is way to soon to soon to even guess whether or not there will be new kingdoms sets next year.

By the way, I remember seeing some kind of hint for new dragon sets on one of the lego online pages in their kingdoms section of the products page so I highly doubt that the line will be ending in just a year or so. :classic:

Edited by Jack Bricker

To fit the mmv, it would have to be bigger than the buildings in it, for sure. Also, there would be multiple more parts needed, like the wings, and i bet they'd make it functional aswell, so there needs to be some mechanism inside, and not to forget the interior, and also maybe a second, small building next to the mill. So in the end there would for sure be at least as much pieces as MMV has. I really can't wait to see first pictures of this. Too bad we don't have a set number yet, cause that way we could tell for sure if it'll be an exclusive, or a regular set.

I know is "medieval" and not modern, and would be used for grinding grain and such, but it would be interesting if they designed it so you could put an E-Motor in it.

There's no way kingdoms won't be continued. There only was one wave of sets so far, and it will have at least one more. And even if kingdoms will be retired after 2 or 3 years, the castle theme in general will never die as it's one's most successful lines.

Castle is a staple of LEGO production themes. I think they are starting over with a primary theme with Kingdoms. I think secondary and tertiary waves will bring back skelly and troll type sets, but it will probably be later in the year. It's just my opinion, but I don't think they'll cancel Kingdoms. I believe it sold very well for them this year.

Looks like I caused a lot of commotion... :grin:

I didn't realize they did the line skipping for Agents :blush:

I know is "medieval" and not modern, and would be used for grinding grain and such, but it would be interesting if they designed it so you could put an E-Motor in it.

I would prefer a crank mechanism so you could pretend to ground grain. :sweet:

Lego are using artistic license with the pigs in the windmill set. There is a white pig in Denmark, the Landrace, but that's a relatively modern breed. And all white. In medieval Europe it would have been rare to see a white pig. They were still breeding from from wild boar so the pigs looked rough and dirty brown/black or striped with black. mos breeds of pig we know now didn't exist until the 1700's at the earliest.

However, aesthetically, a different breed of pig is good for farm sets and diversity in Lego animals is always good. The dappled grey horse sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see pictures.

I keep on hearing about leaked catalog, does anyone have a link? or site with pics on it, thank you!

There were pictures circulating from a leaked retailer's catalog for the first few months of 2011, but there weren't any new Kingdoms sets in it.