Ondra

2011 LEGO Cars 2 Discussion

By the way how do they go to the toilet......on second thoughts I don't want to know...

One of the other trailers actually has a clip from a scene about what happens in a Cars bathroom stall. Whether you like it or not, you will know. I'm not sure if anyone would be willing to recreate it in LEGO form.

Edited by Arigomi

Great find Cad Bane, it's really nice to see this LEGOfied version of the Cars 2 trailer, makes me appreciate more the new LEGO Cars characters seeing them 'in action' in this one.

That is just too cool! There have been other lego-fied trailers before, but this one is spectacular! The animation is superb, from the wheel poses to the facial expressions, and the whole thing looks exactly like the real trailer! Hats off to whoever worked on this. :thumbup:

I just have one question...

WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY MAKE ANYTHING LIKE THIS FOR TOY STORY?? :sing::cry_sad:

The one issue I can think of may be licensing? Not sure if I'm right...but it's kinda like how we didn't get any sort of minifigure for Mr. Potatohead, Barbie, and Slinky Dog. I'm having trouble explaining my point here...but if my thinking is wrong, completely ignore me.

Looks like a promo, judging from the number. Nice parts usage too. Can't wait to see more of it.

Unfortunately, another nice promo set that I'm missing out on.

Are there actually any stores in Australia that do stock promos? I'm missing out on lots of nice sets. :sceptic:

Edited by Delta 38

Are there actually any stores in Australia that do stock promos? I'm missing out on lots of nice sets. :sceptic:

I've seen a few of those small polybags (city sets) at Little Sprout kids toyshop that I haven't seen elsewhere. They might get some in down the track.

:classic: :classic:

Interesting character, it's instructions are NOT up on Lego.com yet so I'm wondering if in some countries it will be a give-away item at the cinema for the films release.

Keep on burning rubber ! :grin:

Just finished my ultimate McQueen.

Trying to decide if I add the stickers or not because it looks pretty cool as is.

Just finished my ultimate McQueen.

Trying to decide if I add the stickers or not because it looks pretty cool as is.

share us the photos without the stickers. i'd love to see it that way. thanks!

Is this new? Link.

30121-1.jpg

LegoGalactus

That looks cool as hell! HOpe it's not hard to find!

I just put together the tokyo circuit set and It's pretty cool. I didn't realize the buildings were 3 seperate buildings. They were all built the same(except mcqueens that has the extra balcony part) and they were all built the same so it was kinda monotonous. Cool all the same. I have all but the ultimate McQ and Mater so far and its a tie between mack and Flos Cafe for my fav. They're all great tho IMO.

Just waiting for the Plane and Bentley set now...

I'm on the fence about Ultimate McQ. I love my francesco and mater looks good, but something baout McQ looks off to me.

I'm on the fence about Ultimate McQ. I love my francesco and mater looks good, but something baout McQ looks off to me.

For some reason, it comes off looking like a Porsche (possibly like the 911 from the 80s) to me instead of looking like McQueen. I'm tempted to make a purchase on the Ultimate Build sets but I'm holding off for now to prioritize other sets ahead of them.

p12122.jpg

Something between the two make me think they look similar.

Edited by Canada_7

Something between the two make me think they look similar.

The roof line is similar IMO. I think one could easily mod it into a real Porsche.

I went to the LEGO Cars 2 site yesterday and was very impressed. I like the characters interface of the main page (though I probably prefer characters pages like the PotC one where you can see the full range of characters on one page). It's a shame that it didn't have flash animations for the building of all the characters, the way it had certain characters like Professor Z animated. The little descriptions of each character were just enough to refresh my memory on the characters from the original film and introduce me to newer characters.

When is the (North American) release date for the sets

Big Bentley Bust Out and Spy Jet Escape?

and how much is the US MSRP?

Set 8484 - Ultimate Building Lightning McQueen : Review

*snip*

Wow, cool pic. I'm here on behalf of Disney to spread the word about Cars 2, and it's great to see some excitement for the LEGO merchandise that is being released in conjunction with the film. If anyone else has pics of their Cars 2 swag, I'd love to see them. Thanks.

Edited by KielDaMan
Pls. don't quote posts with two huge pics.

I bought Mack's Team Truck a week or 2 ago and built it earlier this week; was not disappointed other than having a lot of stickers (but to be expected I guess, didn't stick them on so it looks slightly bare). When the pics came out, that was one of the sets I wanted in particular. Currently awaiting Flo's V8 Cafe from B&N and depending on Canada Post's strike, it will vary as to when that will come.

Edited by Canada_7

I bought Mack's Team Truck a week or 2 ago and built it earlier this week; was not disappointed other than having a lot of stickers (but to be expected I guess, didn't stick them on so it looks slightly bare). When the pics came out, that was one of the sets I wanted in particular. Currently awaiting Flo's V8 Cafe from B&N and depending on Canada Post's strike, it will vary as to when that will come.

Oh cool, let me know what you think of it when you get it.