Ondra

2011 LEGO Cars 2 Discussion

This is a decent set. I like MAC cab though :thumbup: I can't wait for the rest of the pics.

Interesting set, it will sell because it's a racing car and transport.....and of course it's Cars too ! :grin:

But why the tools.....how do the cars use tools.....magic ? :wink:

I also cannot wait for Flo's Diner for a serve of 20W-50 ! :laugh: (oil that is) :wink:

Keep on racing ! :grin:

This Mack and McQueen set looks great! I might just have to get this (or one of the upcoming Cars sets), and I'd seriously need some budget planning this 2011. :grin:

I'll pass. Unless you really want Mack, this set has nothing special to offer. And yes, those tools look kinda strange there with no pit crew to use them.

Thanks a lot for the pic though!

Hm, not so sure about that Ultimate McQueen... It looks a little blocky... But the fact that it comes with Guido is great! Can't wait to see which characters the other Ultimate Build sets come with!

And I'm totally getting Flo's Cafe now! All those characters and new parts... :wub:

And I'm totally getting Flo's Cafe now! All those characters and new parts... :wub:

Do we have new colours here? Starting from the left the cars/characters appear to be

1-Sarge: some sort of army green, or is it just Dark Stone Grey?

2-Flo: is this Sand Green or a paler shade of green?

3-Lightning McQueen: (Bright) Red

4-Mater: Reddish Brown

5-Sally: the new intermediate light blue seen in Alien Conquest's human space uniforms

6-Fillmore: same as 2.

Edited by Fugazi

Well that's decided....I'm only buying Flo's Cafe....all the main characters in one playset and I agree with 'Oky' the UCS style Lightning McQueen.....I little MEH ! :sceptic: - too many straight edges....why are Lego doing COOL stuff and as much crap eh ?

But I'll say it again......Flo's Cafe - awesome and on the shopping list ! :sweet:

Keep on burning rubber ! :grin:

Oh, seeing the larger picture of Flo's Diner has disappointed me. It's not as good as I'd hoped it would be so think I'll pass on this & design my own. :sceptic:

The light bluish-green color in the sets may be the unreleased color 323 Aqua, which has been seen in LEGO Digital Designer. Other unreleased colors coming out soon that we've seen in LEGO Digital Designer would seem to include 325, a light lavender color with an unknown name (in Collectible Minifigures Series 5), and either 321 or 322, bluish colors with unknown names (one of these is probably the one being used for spacesuits in Alien Conquest).

There are six of these as-of-yet unreleased colors in LEGO Digital Designer, two of which are in the LEGO Universe palette and four of which are not (but were in version 3). You can see all of these colors by downloading my Complete LDD Color Chart.

Ohhhhhhhhh, a hippi-van! :laugh: I wonder if you can take it apart a bit, re-model it and use it for minifigs? That would be cool :grin:

Having seen CARS about 1001 times, I have a 7 year old and we watched it daily for a long time. I will be getting Mack and Flo's, not sure about the ones from the new movie!? Not sure if they will have the same appeal to us!?

But, my son and I will have alot of fun with these, I'm sure!

Jamie

Wow! I love the Flo Cafe. The new cars look great, and the structure isn't half bad.

The UCS McQueen is alright, but as Oky said, a bit blocky.

Ohhhhhhhhh, a hippi-van! :laugh: I wonder if you can take it apart a bit, re-model it and use it for minifigs? That would be cool :grin:

Yup, the 'hippi-van' is gorgeous! I'm not sure I understand how it's built, and there are a few new parts there, but it probably can't have an interior without heavy modding. But those old fashioned wheel covers are fabulous! :thumbup:

Flo's Cafe is very nice. Many new parts, but also nice details using existing parts (e.g. the "8" shape!).

Putting away the most "<insert that tiresome argument>" parts, the most interesting new parts are the triple convex wedge 3x4, Mater's mudguard with headlights and the curved tile 1x4. They would be very useful to build minifig-scale vehicles and I hope they'll be released also in other sets and in common colors!

I don't normally stray outside of my usual themes (Which are the modular buildings and Star Wars ships), but I will make an exception for Flo's V8 Cafe and maaaybe Mack. I love Cars, and the cafe seems like a great set, with just about all the main characters in it! (Which is fairly unusual for a licensed Lego set...). They'll look great on my desk next to my computer. :laugh:

Wow, those Cars are looking good! I was expecting them to be just one piece like the Duplo ones, but having multiple pieces is very cool - and the fact that they still look great is a bonus!

The cars look awesome! We even get a licensed Porsche! :grin:

Though in saying that I really do think that only the cars look cool. However Im conflicted as to whether this is supposed to be a mid-range set or high-range. The "minifigs sort of suggest that it is, but the building doesnt. I really do think the stalls for the gas pumps could have been extended further by at least one to give this set some depth. I do hope that changes as I assume this is still preliminary.

And if the cars have stickers on them, I will murder someone. :devil:

However Im conflicted as to whether this is supposed to be a mid-range set or high-range. The "minifigs sort of suggest that it is, but the building doesnt. I really do think the stalls for the gas pumps could have been extended further by at least one to give this set some depth. I do hope that changes as I assume this is still preliminary.

New Zealand prices might give you an idea:

8200 Radiator Springs Lightning McQueen $14.99

8201 Classic Mater $14.99

8206 Tokyo Pit Stop $29.99

8423 World Grand Prix Racing Rivalry $29.99

8424 Mater's Spy Zone $29.99

8426 Escape At Sea $39.99

8484 Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen $69.99

8486 Mack's Team Truck $79.99

8487 Flo's V8 Café $149.99

:wink:

Edited by AllanSmith

I dont realy even like Cars, but I like any Lego cars.

It's awesome to see how they did Vlo's V8 café and how they used 2x lifebuoy to make the '8'

I do know some one who both loves Lego AND cars, also was disapointed they made DUPLO versions of Cars, so he would be more than enlightened to hear this.

New Zealand prices might give you an idea:

8200 Radiator Springs Lightning McQueen $14.99

8201 Classic Mater $14.99

8206 Tokyo Pit Stop $29.99

8423 World Grand Prix Racing Rivalry $29.99

8424 Mater's Spy Zone $29.99

8426 Escape At Sea $39.99

8484 Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen $69.99

8486 Mack's Team Truck $79.99

8487 Flo's V8 Café $149.99

:wink:

Oh... In that case Im probably only going to get Lightning McQueen and Mater. The two main characters.

Thanks for the info Allan! :sweet: