Sign in to follow this  
Milargo

MOC: He's Benton Destruction, Henchbot for Hire

Call the Hero Factory! There's a new villan on the block

He's Benton Destruction, Mighty Henchbot for Hire

final_2.jpg

An indomitable* Brute of Terrifying Size!

1.jpg

Fully equiped with the devastating Rocket Fist!

3.jpg

Gripping red hot vengeance of the Magma Claw!

4.jpg

Angellic Forcefield when raised,

5.jpg

Lightning** Fast Rocket Pack when lowered!

8.jpg

Covered in only the Finest, Strongest Stolen Armor!

6.jpg

He's in your neighborhood, plundering garden gnomes***.

A freelancing Henchbot for hire seeking a better life, Benton embraced a life of crime in an attempt to find a means of escaping his poverty stricken home world; Brutal Planet, A desolate planet plagued with economic and environmental issues, the corrupted government locked in all out war with the equally corrupt United Bots Movement. With the planet's natural resources nearing depletion, the government on Brutal planet quickly came to rely on aid from foreign companies, with the companies favoring the government of Brutal Planet over the UBM. The movement was in a dire state, with supplies limited the movement began shifting focus on seizing supply convoys, in turn expanding the war to the vast reaches of space, Benton, realizing his opportunity joined the movement's army and it's efforts to seize control of the supply convoys. Headed for Makuhero City, on a stolen supply convoy. Wanted by two armies and various companies, on accounts of grand theft. Weeks later once he had arrived in the city, after successfully evading authorities, Benton found it difficult to part with old habits and soon resorted to what he had enjoyed most on Brutal Planet, destruction.

Fighting his way though the organized Makuhero City crime rings, Benton rose through the rank quickly due to his vast strength and powerful weapons at his disposal, these qualities made him a popular choice among notorious Villains. Though his notoriety hadn't come without it's own repercussions his eccentric method of operation, lackluster intelligence and an affinity for planning with reckless abandon made him a target the Hero Factory had little trouble locating and subduing. Captured, jailed in a maximum security prison, Benton's vast strength couldn't save him from his own stupidity. Though there was one thing Hero Factory couldn’t take into account.

Dumb luck.

Noticing Von Nebula and his Henchbots on their pursuit to free Thunder, Benton called out to Von Nebula "What price freedom?", he knew Von Nebula ran all the rackets in the city "Maybe we can make a little deal, isn't there somethin' I could do?" Benton asked from his cell. Von Nebula gave him the eye once over then he smiled "Yeah I've got something here in mind." He turned, and approached Benton's cell "You'll bow to me if you wanna be free, from the claws authority. Eternally, you’ll serve me."

Indebted, Benton now serves as one of Von Nebula's Henchbots.

"Listen boss, You don't think maybe we could talk this over?"Benton

"Give me one good reason why I should." Von Nebula

"All right, so I made a few mistakes.. But you're a reasonable man, and I'm a miserable man, couldn-"Benton

"Don't question my judgement, looks like you're in no position to bargain you only reaped what you sowed.

But hey, you're free, that's what you wanted. Isn't it?"Von Nebula

sig.jpg

Addendum

------------------

I always felt Bionicle to be little more serious, while Hero Factory, with the puns in the names and overall appearance/feel, made it seem a little more "playful", stylized and at the same time not taking itself too seriously. Which they pull off well, and actually it's a nice change. Quite refreshing, which is why I entered this contest. As a huge fan of the Bionicle line, I had little hope for it's "successor" Hero Factory, but I ended up loving the concept and execution of it. Shows what I know.

After reading the description and general rules of the contest:

"Welcome to the first Action Figure forum contest, in celebration of the new Hero Factory line!

While we have been introduced to plenty of heroic robots who save the Hero Factory universe from the forces of evil, it seems that the forces of evil have been rather under-represented so far in the Hero Factory sets and story. So here at Eurobricks we are giving you the chance to fill in this absence of evil with your own devious masterminds, and their souped-up-destruction-orientated hotrods as well!"

I took this as my chance to create my own stylized representation of a lumbering henchmen in Hero Factories generally eccentric style.

My goal was to build a visual representation of the description provided:

"•Build a lumbering giant to assist in felonies and to do the dirty work that the more "sophisticated" schemers would not do themselves.

•Henchmen are still dangerous outlaws, but prefer brute strength or firepower over brains and strategy!"

After reading this, the first thing to come to my mind were the 1900s - 1950s cartoonish brutes, thugs and mobsters with their over exaggerated proportions and height.(Generally consisting of large upper torsos, with smaller legs to further exaggerate muscle.) so to fit in with the whole classic henchmen vibe and more modern Henchbot look, I decided that he would look (And function) best with exaggerated proportions.

I love some of the names Lego has created some of which are a throw back to classic comic books, I wanted to replicate this when creating Benton's name something that wouldn't take itself too seriously, while at the same time staying far away from Bionicleish names.

"•Entries must include a description/bio of the MOC, in the style of official Hero Factory set descriptions on the Hero Factory Website."

I tried my best to make it look as authentic as possible while also being careful not too stray too far from what Lego has already set to represent Hero Factory, as displayed on the official Website. While reading Benton's bio I felt something was missing, so after reading over the bios on the Hero Factory Website I thought why not make it authentic as possible? Like if Lego really did have a Villain Factory instead of a Hero Factory, this is what it might look like. With that in mind I set to work

*nearly indomitable

**well, maybe not lightning fast

***only the kind that wear the red caps :]

Edited by Milargo

Wow! This is impressive!!! I love how the head is small compared to the massive detailed body! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like the bulkines and the armoring of the body, and the weapons look awesome. Legs are a bit too thin compared to the big body, maybe you should make them bulkier to support the body better?

Also, great name and the description card. Well done!

I like the bulkiness and the armoring of the body, and the weapons look awesome.

Thanks for the compliments! I really wanted to accentuate the fact that he's well armored, I tried to pack every piece of armor any place I could without limiting his mobility. As for the weapons, I wanted to give off a real retro super villain vibe.

Legs are a bit too thin compared to the big body, maybe you should make them bulkier to support the body better.

[Edit: You brought up some valid points, think I'll add an addendum to the original post :wink: ]

Actually this was done intentionally, I always felt Bionicle to be little more serious, while Hero Factory, with the puns in the names and overall appearance/feel, made it seem a little more "playful", stylized and at the same time not taking itself too seriously. Which they pull off well, and actually it's a nice change. Quite refreshing, which is why I entered this contest. As a huge fan of the Bionicle line, I had little hope for it's "successor" Hero Factory, but I ended up loving the concept and execution of it. Shows what I know. :tongue:

After reading the description and general rules of the contest:

"Welcome to the first Action Figure forum contest, in celebration of the new Hero Factory line!

While we have been introduced to plenty of heroic robots who save the Hero Factory universe from the forces of evil, it seems that the forces of evil have been rather under-represented so far in the Hero Factory sets and story. So here at Eurobricks we are giving you the chance to fill in this absence of evil with your own devious masterminds, and their souped-up-destruction-orientated hotrods as well!"

I took this as my chance to create my own stylized representation of a lumbering henchmen in Hero Factories generally eccentric style.

My goal was to build a visual representation of the description provided:

"•Build a lumbering giant to assist in felonies and to do the dirty work that the more "sophisticated" schemers would not do themselves.

•Henchmen are still dangerous outlaws, but prefer brute strength or firepower over brains and strategy!"

After reading this, the first thing to come to my mind were the 1900s - 1950s cartoonish brutes, thugs and mobsters with their over exaggerated proportions and height.(Generally consisting of large upper torsos, with smaller legs to further exaggerate muscle.) so to fit in with the whole classic henchmen vibe and more modern Henchbot look, I decided that he would look (And function) best with exaggerated proportions.

Also, great name and the description card. Well done!

Glad you liked em'! I love some of the names Lego has created some of which are a throw back to classic comic books, I wanted to replicate this when creating Benton's name something that wouldn't take itself too seriously, while at the same time staying far away from Bionicleish names.

"•Entries must include a description/bio of the MOC, in the style of official Hero Factory set descriptions on the Hero Factory Website."

I tried my best to make it look as authentic as possible while also being careful not too stray too far from what Lego has already set to represent Hero Factory, as displayed on the official Website. While reading Benton's bio I felt something was missing, so after reading over the bios on the Hero Factory Website I thought why not make it authentic as possible? Like if Lego really did have a Villain Factory instead of a Hero Factory, this is what it might look like. With that in mind I set to work. :classic:

Edited by Milargo

He he. Nice pun. The Moc was presented very well. The build look great as well! :thumbup:

Thanks!

The detail parts are Perditus-tastic =D .

I like the thick armor, although I have a hard time believing those Legs could hold that Body.

-ES

"Perditus was a Glatorian who worked for the Fire Tribe as a vehicle pilot, Perditius was released in the summer of 2009 along with the Thornatus V9. "

Someone regonized the mask. :grin:

Suprisingly the legs hold the rest of the body rather well, full range of motion without imbalance. And it held the look I was going for, strong yet dim witted lumbering brute. :tongue:

Not unlike the stylized cartoon henchmen of the 20s and 30s comics, which the presentation of Hero Factory reminds me of. :classic:

Edited by Milargo

I wanted to participate in the contest, but when I saw its creation: We won the giant robot.

Well, I hope he wins the contest.

post-13776-128726645596.jpg

Edited by Brickthing
Translated

I wanted to participate in the contest, but when I saw its creation: We won the giant robot.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you're saying? :sad: Could you rephrase this please. :look:

Now I do. :grin: I neglected to notice the message was translated. :blush:

Edited by Milargo

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you're saying? :sad: Could you rephrase this please. :look:

Translated by Brickthing with a mechanical online translator since the original post was in Spanish. I think he's trying to say that he lost all desire of entering once he saw this MOC. Compliment.

Translated by Brickthing with a mechanical online translator since the original post was in Spanish.

I bet it was Google translate. Didn't see this before "This post has been edited by Brickthing: Today, 04:58 AM

Reason for edit: Translated" I just assumed it was the traditional edit. :grin:

I blame Google!

Most gracious, thanks for the compliment. :sweet: