Sign in to follow this  
StoutFiles

Most likely OT sets to be remade?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I just recently started collecting OT sets for a display I'm working on with all vehicles and important scenes from the OT (no UCS, it's a little too big). Hope to finish it in the next year or two.

What I'm wondering is...what sets do you think have a high probability of being remade in the next 1-2 years? For example, I would be disappointed to spend a lot of money on older sets like Cloud City to just have them remade the next year. I'm also not a big fan of the newest Falcon (2004) but I'd buy it if they won't remake it due to the UCS being made.

Sets I'm wavering on buying because I feel they may remake soon:

Sandcrawler

Sail Barge

Millennium Falcon

Mos Eisley Cantina

Jabba's Palace

Hoth Rebel Base

Twin Pod Cloud Car

TIE Bomber/Fighter (I have the Interceptor but hate the blue theme when compared to Vader's TIE)

I'll be buying new things every couple months so I'd want to order purchase order based on how likely something will be remade. Any suggestions?

I think Millennium Falcon and Cloud City Twin-Pod are due for remakes, but I'm not so sure about the others on your list. Mos Eisley and Jabba's Palace are also plausible.

Sandcrawler: I can't imagine it ever being remade. It's a big set with a limited demand and it was available for a long time.

Sail Barge: Maybe, but also unlikely. What could they really do that would be even vaguely new about it?

Millennium Falcon: Iconic. It's coming back. No question about it. The next one should be RotJ themed.

Mos Eisley Cantina: Maybe. Lots of room for improvement over the last one. Cantina band, anyone? One new mold for 4 new figures. That's all about the win for TLG.

Jabba's Palace: Maybe again for the same reason, the old one sucked, but it's a good potential playset.

Hoth Rebel Base: We have 4 Hoth sets out now that fill the need. I don't see a lot more Hoth in our future.

Twin Pod Cloud Car: Boring vehicle with no real action potential. I'd be surprised.

TIE Bomber/Fighter: Fighter, yes. Blue. Always blue. I'd just build my own from Bricklink parts orders and whichever instructions you like best.

Sandcrawler

Sail Barge

Millennium Falcon

Mos Eisley Cantina

Jabba's Palace

Hoth Rebel Base

Twin Pod Cloud Car

TIE Bomber/Fighter (I have the Interceptor but hate the blue theme when compared to Vader's TIE)

I reckon you should just get the sandcrawler, not going to be re - made, it's already good enough imo.

Same with the sail barge.

Falcon I'd wait, from what it sounds like they might re-make it.

Cantina: I'd love it if they re-made this! :wub:

Palace: '' '' '' '' '' ''

They just did the hoth rebel base 3 years ago, so I doubt a re-make.

Twin Pod Cloud Car: Hopefully they will do a re-make of this in the summer wave next year, they could really do it justice!

As Shadows said, I reckon just buy Grey parts to replace the blue color scheme, and then you don't have to wait. I doubt they would re-make it anyway.

Hope this helps. :sweet:

CF

Sandcrawler: I can't imagine it ever being remade. It's a big set with a limited demand and it was available for a long time.

Sail Barge: Maybe, but also unlikely. What could they really do that would be even vaguely new about it?

Millennium Falcon: Iconic. It's coming back. No question about it. The next one should be RotJ themed.

Mos Eisley Cantina: Maybe. Lots of room for improvement over the last one. Cantina band, anyone? One new mold for 4 new figures. That's all about the win for TLG.

Jabba's Palace: Maybe again for the same reason, the old one sucked, but it's a good potential playset.

Hoth Rebel Base: We have 4 Hoth sets out now that fill the need. I don't see a lot more Hoth in our future.

Twin Pod Cloud Car: Boring vehicle with no real action potential. I'd be surprised.

TIE Bomber/Fighter: Fighter, yes. Blue. Always blue. I'd just build my own from Bricklink parts orders and whichever instructions you like best.

I was thinking the Sail Barge just because it's entertaining for kids...a set that would probably sell well.

So you're saying the fighters would remain blue in a remake?

I was thinking the Sail Barge just because it's entertaining for kids...a set that would probably sell well.

So you're saying the fighters would remain blue in a remake?

The TIE Fighter will probably be grey since Darth Vader's TIE was grey. :classic:

The new Slave 1 is an indication that they could release a set without it being particularly new.

Pretty sure the remade that at that time for the 30th of ESB.

Sandcrawler: VERY unlikely I think

Sail Barge: Also unlikely, like Shadows said, what can they make new about it?

Millenium Falcon: Possible, I like the idea of the ROTJ themed, but I kinda want a ANH one instead, I was too young to get it at the time

Mos Eisley Cantina: I sure hope so :grin:

Jabba's Palace: I dont think so, I was under the impression it didnt sell very good, but I could be wrong

Hoth Base: No, we have had too many these past couple years

Cloud Car: I dont think so, the only useful piece in that set was Lobot :tongue:

TIE Fighter: I am hoping :blush:TIE Fighter Discussion

X-Wing

Y-Wing

TIE Fighter

Millenium Falcon

Slave I

These classic OT ships are in a regular cycle of being remade, as long as the SW license is around, expect one of these sooner or later.

Welcome to EB, StoutFiles! :classic:

I agree on the most ideas Shadows already posted. Nevertheless some ideas are different - so here are my thoughts:

Cloud City

absolutely likely as Exclusive in 2011 (because of new Han, new Boba and new carbonite block)

Sandcrawler

will supposably never be released again (if at all perhaps in a half decade or later - but surely not in the next years)

Sail Barge

I'm really not sure here; since it offers a lot of playability and is one of the most important scenes of RotJ, perhaps in 2013 - but perhaps even never

Millennium Falcon

will surely be re-designed; I'd even go for 2011 or at the latest 2012

Mos Eisley Cantina

the version we got was really a huge let-down; so there surely will be a new one; I could well imagine TLG releasing it in 2012 (Exclusives: 2011: Cloud City, 2012: Mos Eisley Cantina; 2013: Ewok Village)

Jabba's Palace

of course; I bet for 2013 (30th anniversary of RotJ)

Hoth Rebel Base

surely will be released again, the medical droid (this year in Palpatine's Shuttle set) lets me hoping

Twin Pod Cloud Car

surely not as a seperate set since it's too unimportant, but I bet it being included in the very supposably in 2011 released Cloud City

TIE Bomber/Fighter

TIE Bomber supposably not, but regular TIE Fighter of course - the last one was released in 2005 - I even bet for 2011

I only partly agree with you in this point, Shadows:

On the one hand we've already gotten a lot of Hoth related stuff - esp. vehicles and cannons. That's correct.

But on the other hand there's a real lack of important locations (mainly a decent command center and the medical room) and important minifigs (mainly Major Bren Darlin, Medical Droid and injured Luke).

So I could well imagine that TLG will release a set similar to "The Battle of Endor" but as a "The Battle of Hoth" set.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Shadows pretty much summed up my thought.

But if I had to pick one, I'd say we will probably see some sort of "TIE" vehicle sooner than later.

Cloud city and Mos Eisley Cantina, even if I dare say it.....TRU exclusives....oh, why did I say that ! :wacko:

Anyway, 'Klaus' is pretty close to the mark, but Lego must decide what vehicles or scenes they want to do or redo next so it doesn't appear to be boring or too repetitive.

Second half releases MUST include OT or I think we might go :wacko: !

Keep on wishing !

I think that it's a safe bet we'll see:

TIE {Insert suffix here}

X-Wing

Millenium Falcon

Since it'll be a couple years before we have another anniversary 2012: 10 Years since ATOC and 2013: 30 since ROTJ, no reason they can't focus on ESB for a wile longer..... Lets have some Cloud City love!

Edited by Omega 8

I agree. If they make another one, though, they need to add a rancor.