Sign in to follow this  
brickbuilder

Custom BARC Speeder

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello Eurobricks. I'm new here so if I did anything wrong, please tell me. Thanks.

Okay, onto the speeder.

pic_0546.jpg

I've been inspired by the new rumour of a BARC speeder battlepack to make my own BARC speeder. I want to make it perfect, so I'd like some feedback please.

Thanks again!

EDIT: New deeplinked picture.

post-13696-12867423793.jpg

Edited by KimT

Brickbuilder, your BARC looks very nice, but it's slightly hard to see in your picture. The design looks nice and slim, but I really wish you'd taken a pic that showed off your great design better.

Welcome to EB, and keep on MOCing!

Hello!

The use of the TECHNICĀ® bricks with rotation joint socket works very nice for the engines. And I am also a fan of the minifigure ski on the sides. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Nice piece of MOC building there 'brtickbuilder', but some better pictures might help to see everything you have done to it.

Mmmm, bricking.....you must ! :yoda:

From what I can make out of your blurry photos, it seems that is a pretty decent attempt on a Kaskkyk-colored BARC speeder. I see you've used the design of the upcoming BARC as the base model. The mods you did in the front body with the triple bars true to the real BARC, but looks kinda 'gappy'. And I'm not so sure about that piece for the front air intake, I know that part of the BARC is difficult to achieve but maybe you could find other alternative parts for that. Overall, that is a good starting point and you could always improve it further.

Nice BARC brickbuilder!

It looks good from the pic, could you get some closer pics though?

I like the sand green - white combo. :thumbup:

Welcome to EB aswell, introduce yourself over Here! :sweet:

If you need any help with things, check out the Tutorials Index.

Overall it looks good, just needs afew more pics.

CF

Thanks for the comments! So far I've gathered that the pictures aren't too great. I've taken some better pictures with my better camera, but apparently I'm not allowed to attach more than 100k of pictures, and the first one already used like 60k. How do other people post so many pictures?

Thanks for the comments! So far I've gathered that the pictures aren't too great. I've taken some better pictures with my better camera, but apparently I'm not allowed to attach more than 100k of pictures, and the first one already used like 60k. How do other people post so many pictures?

Try an external site.

Brickshelf- Unlimited resolution, size, and number of photos, but with no extra features like comments.

Flickr- Also unlimited resolution and size, with comments, notes, contacts, PMing, etc., but a free account is limited to 200 photos.

Thanks 'Brickdoctor'. Here's the link to my new Brickshelf account: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=448207

Also in the last picture, I tried a different air intake. Thanks for checking out my MOC guys! :classic:

By the way, on Brickshelf, the user name 'brickbuilder' was taken, so I'm 'brickbuilder99'.

Edited by brickbuilder

Thanks 'Brickdoctor'. Here's the link to my new Brickshelf account: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=448207

Also in the last picture, I tried a different air intake. Thanks for checking out my MOC guys! :classic:

By the way, on Brickshelf, the user name 'brickbuilder' was taken, so I'm 'brickbuilder99'.

Oh yeah, forget to tell you, on Brickshelf, you can only upload LEGO-specific photos, and your folders have to be moderated before they're open to the public. If you want us to be able to see those pics, you'll have to deeplink them. For that, see this topic. Note that the forum's been update since that turorial, so the interface looks a little different, but you should be able to figure it out. If you want immediate access for everyone, you'll have to use another service like Flickr. There's also MOCpages, which has an extremely easy-to-use interface, lots of extras like comments, favorites, popularity ranks (also known as 'Like-its'), and groups, but it's very, very slow for people without good Internet, it's frequently spammed by little kids who use it, and it's chock full of other kids who have terrible web ad posting conduct. MOCpages will also reduce your image to 800x600, and you might see a drop in image quality. Personally, I use all three. Brickshelf holds my critical high-res or detail-dependant photos that I have lots of, like for reviews. MOCpages has all the MOCs, with more pictures since it let's me use full HTML and lots of text, with multiple pics per post. Flickr hosts the main photo of all my MOCs, with links to MOCpages, since Flickr is the primary image hosting service that AFOLs look at, like on FBTB or The Brother's Brick.

Okay! Thanks for all the help Brickdoctor!

Finally, my finished post:

Check out my BARC Speeder:

pic_0546.jpg

More pics on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54764199@N03/

EDIT: Umm okay this deeplink thing isn't working... sorry for not knowing anything :wacko: it says I'm not allowed to use that image extension on this board.

EDIT 2: Okay never mind, I figured it out! :tongue:

Edited by brickbuilder

Okay! Thanks for all the help Brickdoctor!

Finally, my finished post:

Check out my BARC Speeder:

[snip]

More pics on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54764199@N03/

EDIT: Umm okay this deeplink thing isn't working... sorry for not knowing anything :wacko: it says I'm not allowed to use that image extension on this board.

EDIT 2: Okay never mind, I figured it out! :tongue:

You're welcome!

Ah, now we can see what it looks like from all angles. From that, I can definitely say it's better that all three of TLG's versions. Good job! :thumbup:

In the future, now that you've got the accounts set up, you might want to add deeplinks to your signature so people can access your flickr photostream.

pic_0546.jpg

Looks great! Definitely much better than the TLG' BARCs. The multiple bar-build of the front is true to the real BARC. The only thing I could suggest is if you could replace the 2 x 3 slope at the back with two 1 x 3 curved slopes. Other than that and the 'problematic' front intake, good job on this brickbuilder! :thumbup:

hello

Good work for custom.

I find that the part has the front does not make too good (just my opinion :blush: ), I would have replaced him by a reactor before there is in battles pack.

bye

Hmm

This is really good. better than TLG attempts. I would buy this if it was in a battle pack. :thumbup: