Admiral Ron

New TIE Fighter

A 'spurcus mens' apparently...

At least that's what it says in Latin on the back of the pack. :pir-devil:

Very clever. Just how nasty is your mind?

Very clever. Just how nasty is your mind?

Hard to say really...

On the Nuremberg scale its only a 5.5 but the darn 'thingy' curve is exponential and I've always found non-linear concepts rather hard to fathom. Now the Camp X-Ray charts clearly indicate anti-cherry pie tendencies with an over abundant sub-Oprah reading of 'fish'.

So...

Your guess is as good as mine!

At least building Lego Tie-Fighters keeps people who use 'spurcus mens' off the streets at night.

This makes it vitally important TLC release another such set soon, especially with a very spherical-like cockpit. Such business decisions will keep hamsters safe for the duration of the build period (at least from me). Consequently the longer the build period the more protracted a time our hamsters will be safe in their little hamster homes. Logically then it should be a UCS Tie-Fighter- and a big one at that!

Lego, for the sake of our hamsters everywhere- Just Do It!

(Ha! Stayed on target). :tongue:

Would that make spurcus mens an addictve drug? Or does it control addiction to TIEs? What will happen if you go through spurcus mens withdrawal?

TLG, you'd better release that TIE! Ha, stayed on target, too!

Would that make spurcus mens an addictve drug? Or does it control addiction to TIEs? What will happen if you go through spurcus mens withdrawal?

TLG, you'd better release that TIE! Ha, stayed on target, too!

Good Lord!

A Lego Company conspiracy with major pharmaceutical corporations on-board where they use an addictive 'state-of-mind' drug to control obsessive tendencies in Lego junkies you say? I'd never considered there to be a connection between my 'spurcus mens' dependence and TLC's rumored Tie Fighter development project before!

Quiet! Be careful what you infer - you could contribute to a heightened state of paranoia amongst elements of the Lego community. Especially those who require regular courses of this behavioral modification medicine in order to be safe and sane contributors to society- so keep it under your proverbial MOC Brickdoctor!! Besides, 'they' might hear you...

...and the consequences of withdrawal? I'm just too ashamed to say it!

Go ask any hamster if you really must know. (Besides they're always happy being the first to point their itty-bitty, gritty little paws and throw wet, rotten lettuce leaves at the likes of us dependents). :angry:

Uh mm, as for staying on target I fear this post failed to be a direct hit and only 'impacted on the surface'. Oops! :look:

P.S. Which one of you larrikin hamsters just buggered my Lego Tie-Fighter when me back was turned?

What else do you think TLG has contacts in China for? Those new factories must be where they make the spurcus mens! Why else would a the next UCS set have so much air in the box? Because that extra air carries high concentrations of spurcus mens!

As for staying on topic, "It's a hit! No, it just impacted on the surface. Arghhhhh! UCS TIEs, they came from behind!" *boom* UCS TIEs? From behind? I did stay on topic! LEGO, we've got to have them to complete the UCS trench run!

What else do you think TLG has contacts in China for? Those new factories must be where they make the spurcus mens! Why else would a the next UCS set have so much air in the box? Because that extra air carries high concentrations of spurcus mens!

I feel a need to summarize because my brain hurts.

This topic has discussed our hope for a new Lego Tie-Fighter be it system scale or a UCS release. Colour should be light bley or even white. Most importantly the model should be conceived with a more spherical-like cockpit in order for it to stand out from its earlier cousins. Numerous examples of fine MOCs have been posted showing us what is technically possible together with the observation that a UCS Tie-Fighter is long overdue but is not likely to be realized anytime soon despite the uncovering of an international conspiracy by TLG to control the minds of AFOLs everywhere with a mind-altering, airborne addictive substance.

Average stuff really...

In short- Don't hold your breath waiting for the new Tie but do hold your breath when you finally get to open one. :wink:

I feel a need to summarize because my brain hurts.

This topic has discussed our hope for a new Lego Tie-Fighter be it system scale or a UCS release. Colour should be light bley or even white. Most importantly the model should be conceived with a more spherical-like cockpit in order for it to stand out from its earlier cousins. Numerous examples of fine MOCs have been posted showing us what is technically possible together with the observation that a UCS Tie-Fighter is long overdue but is not likely to be realized anytime soon despite the uncovering of an international conspiracy by TLG to control the minds of AFOLs everywhere with a mind-altering, airborne addictive substance.

Average stuff really...

In short- Don't hold your breath waiting for the new Tie but do hold your breath when you finally get to open one. :wink:

If we get a new one...then I'll have to stock up on my aedificare ion engine gemino.

Yeah. I'd like to see something like this. I realise it's too weak for an official set, especially when you look at theinternal view, but still.

Didn't I post a picture of that same MOC a few weeks back?

A 'spurcus mens' apparently...

At least that's what it says in Latin on the back of the pack. :pir-devil:

I don't get it... what's a spurcus mens?

Perhaps LEGO is like Walter Kovacs and they're afraid to make a UCS TIE Fighter because then the errors would be even more conspicuous than they already are on other UCS sets. In any case, a UCS TIE Fighter does seem pretty essential... I guess LEGO will get around to it after they finish reverse-engineering Rocko's AT-AT and

If we get a new one...then I'll have to stock up on my aedificare ion engine gemino.

Quantum hilaris!

I don't get it... what's a spurcus mens?

It's all in the translation! :grin:

...and if I have to fight my way to a UCS Tie via Rocko's monster then so be it! I'm gauisus construo ullus imperiosus apparatus!!!

spurcus mens = 'nasty mind'?

It's a joke. But one that I guess is getting off topic. I'll stop now.

It's a joke. But one that I guess is getting off topic. I'll stop now.

You were joking? I wasn't. :look: Guess I'd better stop as well then...

A bonus venatus. Gratiae! :thumbup:

Perhaps LEGO is like Walter Kovacs and they're afraid to make a UCS TIE Fighter because then the errors would be even more conspicuous than they already are on other UCS sets. In any case, a UCS TIE Fighter does seem pretty essential... I guess LEGO will get around to it after they finish reverse-engineering Rocko's AT-AT and

Actually, I've started the design for a UCS TIE Fighter. I know it won't be the best out there (Reto's is gorgeous, and Anio's is very, very good), but I hope it is at least halfway decent. Besides, there are many alternates that are based off of the standard TIE.

Now that I'm almost done builiding this monster, I can get back to designing. Maybe.

Actually, I've started the design for a UCS TIE Fighter. I know it won't be the best out there (Reto's is gorgeous, and Anio's is very, very good), but I hope it is at least halfway decent. Besides, there are many alternates that are based off of the standard TIE.

:blush:

Speaking of which, I hope I will be able to show you new pics soon.

Indeed, I redesigned the wings of my TIE.

I really look forward to seeing both of them! You guys do great MOCS and this is one of the reasons why I haunt this forum from time-to-time!