Admiral Ron

New TIE Fighter

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Good day everyone, I was thinking about this today, tried searching for it, and then made this topic, but if anyone found something I didnt, please tell me.

The last TIE Fighter produced was in 2005, and it came with the light up Darth Vader and whatnot, but does anybody else want TLG to make a new one? Perhaps a grey one such as the TIE Defender was? I got the very first TIE Fighter in 2001, when the Stormtrooper first arrived, but I feel that we need a new one, I am tired of having my Imperial Fleet outnumbered by all the Rebel Starfighters they make every year or two. But with the new TIE pilot helmet, and I'm sure they could make it more realistic and more appealing to make a decent market out of it. Does anybody agree?

Thanks for reading :classic:

I don't personally need one (I have three of the 2001 original and two of the 2005 version, plus three iterations of Vader's TIE, two TIE Bombers and one TIE Interceptor), but I think that it's one of the classic, iconic Star Wars ships that they should never go too long without, as long as they're doing the theme.

I do. We need one in the grey color scheme, preferably at or under the $20 mark as a cheaper way to get the new TIE pilot. The X-wing, Y-wing, and System MF are due for reissue, and we really could use more B-wings, TIE Interceptors, and TIE Bombers. I only have the Bomber as far as TIEs are concerned.

Does this belong in the "Future Star Wars Sets" thread?

Edited by Brickdoctor

I think they're still selling the X-Wing from 05 at a lot of Toys R Uses. :laugh: But yes, they do need to re-release those mentioned by Doc.

I think they're still selling the X-Wing from 05 at a lot of Toys R Uses. :laugh: But yes, they do need to re-release those mentioned by Doc.

LEGO Brand Stores, too, but that doesn't exempt it from need of a makeover. For starters, the Luke's face, Luke's helmet, and R2's dome can be considered outdated pieces. They've been replaced by the pupiled Luke, gray R2, and I'm pretty sure Luke's helmet in the AT-AT set has some gold printing that wasn't there before.

I think we need a new tie in the grey color scheme as brickdoctor said we need a cheap way to get the new tie pilot minifig....

LEGO Brand Stores, too, but that doesn't exempt it from need of a makeover. For starters, the Luke's face, Luke's helmet, and R2's dome can be considered outdated pieces. They've been replaced by the pupiled Luke, gray R2, and I'm pretty sure Luke's helmet in the AT-AT set has some gold printing that wasn't there before.

And S@H as well :laugh:

Hmm

Well I would like a gray TIE however I would have preferred that TLG had kept the same blue and black scheme for all the TIES, not exactly cannon, but they would all match.

How about a TIE boarding craft......now that would make a great set ? :sweet:

Keep on...etc.,. :grin:

That could basically be an alternate model/extra function of a TIE Bomber rerelease- not to say that'd be a bad thing. It is the only TIE seen in the movies that hasn't appeared as a LEGO set.

I do. We need one in the grey color scheme, preferably at or under the $20 mark as a cheaper way to get the new TIE pilot. The X-wing, Y-wing, and System MF are due for reissue, and we really could use more B-wings, TIE Interceptors, and TIE Bombers. I only have the Bomber as far as TIEs are concerned.

I would LOVE a Tie bomber!

I was thinking about this today, tried searching for it, and then made this topic, but if anyone found something I didnt, please tell me.

Well, there is the Future Star Wars Sets thread which is the place to discuss wishes for future sets and which there is a link for in the forum index, so obviously you didn't search very well at all. :tongue:

I personally don't like TIEs, so I don't really care, but I must agree that we are due for a more accurate TIE with more accurate pilot.

Its one of the most iconic Star Wars vehicles that needs to be reproduce in lego again. It would need to have the new TIE pilot that the TIE defender had. I really love that minifigure but I would rather not spend my money on an over priced hunk of EU junk. The grey colour scheme would also be a must to fit in with the new TIEs and to be true to the original. I reckon if it was made it would sell pretty well.

Well, there is the Future Star Wars Sets thread which is the place to discuss wishes for future sets and which there is a link for in the forum index, so obviously you didn't search very well at all. :tongue:

I personally don't like TIEs, so I don't really care, but I must agree that we are due for a more accurate TIE with more accurate pilot.

For some strange reason, I thought about putting this there, but then for some stranger reason I thought to myself "nah, it wouldnt go there" :blush: my apologies.

I just really want the original TIE Fighter, in grey and with the new helmet of course, but the others would be an added bonus!

For some strange reason, I thought about putting this there, but then for some stranger reason I thought to myself "nah, it wouldnt go there" :blush: my apologies.

I just really want the original TIE Fighter, in grey and with the new helmet of course, but the others would be an added bonus!

I agree. I never got the original set, and you have to ask how many of other ships have they made over and over again.

But when I had the chance, I bought TWO TIE Interceptors 6206, with the intention of making one a regular TIE.

I finally did it (years later), and really hated the blue sitting next to the latest TIE Advanced, so I pulled all the blue and make it gray and dark gray. I actually like it a lot... but an "official" set would be nice.

I would LOVE a Tie bomber!

You want them to make one or you want to own one? Either way, that was a good set that's due for a remake.

Of course we need a regular TIE with the grey colour scheme. I think we will see one in 2012 at the latest, it´s an almost iconic ship in the "medium-small" size that LEGO likes to make sets of. However, they really really like to put enemies in sets, so that there is opportunity for fighting action "within" the set. We'll see what they give us. :classic:

Yeah I'd like to see another Tie Fighter as well. Preferably with the wings connecting via technic axles rather than pins. Takes the wobble out.

I agree they need to redo the other TIE Fighters (not just the basic "eyeball") in gray, preferably with the Defender pilot helmet as well. Vader's TIE needs wingmen! :D

I'm really surprised that for such an iconic ship, it hasn't been remade constantly the way Vader's TIE has been (seriously, there's like 3 versions of Vader's aren't there?)

(seriously, there's like 3 versions of Vader's aren't there?)

There's more one last year,one in the tie collection,one in the y-wing and tie advanced set (which was re-released) and the UCS one :classic:

Lego- Give us a sexy goddam UCS Tie-Fighter with B+W dressing harking back to the 1970s die-cast toy model!!!

It would look spectacular next to the UCS dark grey Intercepter and light bley Vader ship. Besides when all is said and done and the license with Lucasarts is kaput surely you would look back in shame and remorse for omitting such an iconic design from the UCS range!! :cry_sad:

Seriously, what's a UCS X-Wing without its traditional on-screen rival after-all!?! Every Spitfire needs a BF-109... :wink:

Edited by Aeroeza

Lego- Give us a sexy goddam UCS Tie-Fighter with B+W dressing harking back to the 1970s die-cast toy model!!!

If this was Facebook, I would so press "Like"! :thumbup:

If they do make a new Tie, I'd really like them to use those tube pieces attached to 1X1 stud clips to make the designs on thw ings, instead of those god awful blue grill plates. That would be hte difference between me buying one, and three.

There's more one last year,one in the tie collection,one in the y-wing and tie advanced set (which was re-released) and the UCS one :classic:

There was also a MINI that came packaged with an X-wing in MINI Series One.

I would love a new accurate tie. The blue never really depicted the movie ships well. With the quality of ships in today's Lego lineup, I know they could produce a better one.