Admiral Croissant

20 gun frigate 'Vesta'

Somehow she looks better than before, is that possible ?

Let's hope she stays in place this time :pir_laugh2:

And why dont you reveal the story to rest of us? You got me itnrested already! :pir-tongue: (As i dont speak dutch)

Captain Becker

The most interesting it sais is "Search the monky" :monkey: (it really sais that, I personally find that a great add to the description, interactivity in the museum :thumbup: )

Great to see this ship together again! And why dont you reveal the story to rest of us? You got me itnrested already! :pir-tongue: (As i dont speak dutch)

Translating the whole story would be quite a lot of work.

First there's something about the build (started in may 2009, finished october 2010) and where the bricks came from.

Secondly there's something about the design, and on which real ships I based the Vesta.

Then there's only a description about all the stuff you can see happening on the deck and in the masts.

And finally "search the monkey" :monkey: This was the only part that wasn't written by myself, but I guess it's nice for children :pirate:

Somehow she looks better than before, is that possible ?

She could look slightly better. I changed the headrails.

First they were made of yellow 1x2 plates, now I used hoses.

And for this display I also took in all the main sails.

Outside of that there are no significant changes.

Thanks for the comments! The topic has over a hundred now :pir-wub:

Just an unbelievable build I almost wet myself when I saw it! so much detail and its just Amazing! it belongs in the Museum! Superb work I would love to see it in person one day so I could look at it for hours! this is how ships should be built!!!!

Insane how much effort you put in the interior and little details like the captain's cabin, the ship bell etc.

Would it be ok, if i steal the idea of the ship painting in the cabin? :P

Wellesley

Insane how much effort you put in the interior and little details like the captain's cabin, the ship bell etc.

Would it be ok, if i steal the idea of the ship painting in the cabin? :P

No problem, some of those details like the ships bell were "stolen" by me as well :pirate:

Some credit would be nice of course, though not neccesary on such a small detail.

It's amazing that such an awesome build is getting noticed this far after the original post. Just goes to show how great this one really is!

If it is only 20 gunned wouldn't it be classified as a Sloop of war or Corvette? But other then that a beautifully designed and built ship with a good strong name. :bonaparte:

pirate_look.gifpir_kiss.gifpirate_oh.gifpirate_wink.gif I think that black, red, yellow, and brown go well together and I like your coordination of those colors in layers together.

I'm technically a new member, but I have been admiring this ship for several years and using your model to enhance my own ship building technics. Finally decided to give a long overdue THANKS for the inspiration! :pir-blush:

I'm technically a new member, but I have been admiring this ship for several years and using your model to enhance my own ship building technics. Finally decided to give a long overdue THANKS for the inspiration! :pir-blush:

Wow, for bumping 'Pickle' and this masterpiece you definitely have to show us your creations at least soon! pirate_wink.gif

Wow, for bumping 'Pickle' and this masterpiece you definitely have to show us your creations at least soon! pirate_wink.gif

Agreed.

Ionmhain, you should read our topic on Bumping Old Topics, which is linked in the Site Guidelines.

Thanks in advance.

It's fine to talk about this MOC now that the topic is bumped, but...

Beautiful ship reminds me of the HMS Surprise a bit

Apparently you didn't read the last post of this topic:

...you should read our topic on Bumping Old Topics, which is linked in the Site Guidelines.

Thanks in advance.

Oh my goodness! Simply amazing the scale and detail in the rigging. Truly an inspiration to my WIP!