kurigan

Sharing my latest

[pid][/pid]

After several failed attempts, I’ve managed a small victory, in applying my ship building method to a viable two decker. Another of Jack Aurbrey’s ships, HMS Leopard, she's not my best or most accurate work. I did work from a draft of the historic ship, but the scale I’m working on caused me to make a few concessions in order to move on in the project. All things considered I’m not to dissatisfied with her and plan to design another soon.

HMS Leopard, 60 gun 4th rate:

HMS-Leopard-002.jpg?t=1286255157

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/kurigan_the_red/Tall%20Ships/?action=view&current=HMS-Leopard-021.jpg

HMS-Leopard-021.jpg?t=1286256286

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/kurigan_the_red/Tall%20Ships/?action=view&current=HMS-Leopard-021.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kurigan/Pirates/hms_leopard_50_gun_4th_rate.lxf

Hope you all enjoy, there's more to come.

Edited by Captain Blackmoor

Comparing this image with this one, I think your ship is too narrow and too high.

That's my only complaint, this is like most of your ships, a very good one.

The colours, the stern, the capstans and smaller details on the deck are all great :thumbup:

Nice job, and I'm glad there's more to come :pir-classic:

I totally agree,Admiral Croissant. that's one of the concessions i was talking about. the frame was started some time ago and i just didn't account for how high she would get, i also find the stern gallery just doesn't lean out over the rudder enough. There is also far to little space below decks to build in proper ladders. Thanks for the comments and reference photos.

Looks quite good so far, indeed the hulls seem a bit narrow but building in LDD and related software is not easy.

Much fun progressing through your build.

Your ship building techniques in LDD are intresting, but everytime you managed somehow to make such a great ships :pir-classic: I dont care if it was a bit narrow and tall, there was still so many great things what i liked. And the tiny doors wich takes you on the front of the ship... Amazing and secially when they work. I found only 1 thing wich was a bit weird, there wasnt any ladders wich would have leaded on lower decks, and the masts.. i guess they could have been wider (If you understabd what i mean).But thats fine. Great work as always kurigan, keep those coming.

Captain Becker