Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Yellow Cog - alternate model (set 5866)

gallery_6705_156_158.png

Hello everybody!

Today, let's have some fun with another littel Creator set. It's Creator 5866 - Rotor Rescue. It contains 149 pieces and is available for a relatively cheap price (9.99 EUR / 9.99 GBP / 12.99 USD). The parts variety is only moderately well, as it features many big 2 x 10 plates which make alternate building difficult.

So I was thinking what to do with all these long plates, and suddenly thought of the stripes of a sail ship. Then I built the small yellow cog ship presented below. It uses 124 of the 149 available pieces. :classic:

5866-yellow-cog-1.jpg

5866-yellow-cog-2.jpg

5866-yellow-cog-3.jpg

5866-yellow-cog-4.jpg

5866-yellow-cog-5.jpg

5866-yellow-cog-6.jpg

That's it for now. These little sets are always fun once you got inspired, and a great creativity challenge.

I wish you good inspiration and happy building!

Yours Christopher.

--------------------

Alternate Building Series Quick Links:

6743-green-plane-1.jpg_thumb.jpg 6745-naboo-n1-starfighter-1.jpg_thumb.jpg 5866-yellow-cog-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

--------------------

I'm really liking these alternates! I wish more people would appreciate how cool the Creator sets are... :cry_sad:

Hello!

Thank you for the comments! :classic:

I am glad there are people like you who appreciate and share the fun with creator sets. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

gallery_6705_156_158.png

I didn't find a review of this set but my 3 year old just rebuilt the helicopter to the plane.

The color variation and slightly larger parts will at make it pedagogic and a bit more stable.

It is very odd that you can fit in much more bits (leaving less than 10) and getting a slightly

longer plane fitting a minifigure with post bags. It makes you think the designer didn't care very much.

You only need two technic rod to pin parts to fit the helicopter turbines to a dual propeller plane.

5866_rotor_rescue_dualprop.png

Then I got picky and fitted all parts but four, you need to remove the side windows to fit a minifig.

lxf