metalgearsolid

Lego Harry Potter Visual Dictionary

That's a real shame, you were among the ones I suggested when they asked if I knew people who build LEGO Harry Potter creations. You're figures really should have been featured in the book, they're just awesome. :sadnew:

I'm curious which creations they'll publish from me (I hope it's the Burrow and/or my Hogsmeade station) and I'm very happy to receive a free copy in the near future. But I only filled in the permission form a few days ago because I was buried with school stuff before, I really hope I'm still in it since they contacted me in the beginning.

If your Hogsmeades not in it, I'll eat my Professor Trelawney figure. =0)

I can confirm that this book is in fact going ahead and will be out some time this summer, I have been asked to submit some of my HP creations to go it it, so I guess its going to be a book much like the other DK LEGO books, with an official set guide, and loads of fan builds.

I also get a free copy, so I cannot wait!

Congrats! I was contacted as well and submitted some images of one of my HP MOCs :classic: It is so exciting to see other Eurobricks members were contacted, the book is going to be great!

~Stacy

That's a real shame, you were among the ones I suggested when they asked if I knew people who build LEGO Harry Potter creations. You're figures really should have been featured in the book, they're just awesome. :sadnew:

I'm curious which creations they'll publish from me (I hope it's the Burrow and/or my Hogsmeade station) and I'm very happy to receive a free copy in the near future. But I only filled in the permission form a few days ago because I was buried with school stuff before, I really hope I'm still in it since they contacted me in the beginning.

I guess what they're looking for is brick built creations, as opposed to custom minifigs.

I guess what they're looking for is brick built creations, as opposed to custom minifigs.

I'm thinking as it's an official LEGO book, only official parts will be in it, modified parts and clone brands are a no no. It's a shame, as your figures are great!

If you look really closely at the yellowed image it kind of looks like a new Triwizard Tournament 1st Task version of Harry.

It still looks like a hogwarts uniform to me, but that's a good guess! A new Triwizard Tournament Harry would be a great special version of Harry to get, so it makes the most sense to me!

It still looks like a hogwarts uniform to me, but that's a good guess! A new Triwizard Tournament Harry would be a great special version of Harry to get, so it makes the most sense to me!

That yellow shadow of Harry is just a guideline telling us that we're getting a new minifig. Just because Harry is shown there, it doesn't mean that he'll necessarily be the mystery minifig. However, it is most likely that the figure will be a new Harry, perhaps wearing his tuxedo from the Yule Ball or the clothes he wore when infiltrating the Ministry of Magic in the most recent Harry Potter film. However, we probably won't find out until March at the earliest what this mystery minifig is.

Lord Embo

I was doing a little research..

Is that picture from my flickr account by any chance? Harry Potter Book Cover (It is i photoshopped it)

just be sure to give some credit next time

That yellow shadow of Harry is just a guideline telling us that we're getting a new minifig. Just because Harry is shown there, it doesn't mean that he'll necessarily be the mystery minifig. However, it is most likely that the figure will be a new Harry

Exactly, that's why I'm assuming it will be Harry. :wink: I don't think it will be Harry in a tux though since that would be kinda boring. And Albert Runcorn would be an odd choice in my opinion. It will probably be something more exciting than that so that people want to buy the book, and the Tri-Wizard Tournament versions of Harry would make most sense to me, even though we already got them a few years ago. But I could be wrong of course.

I was doing a little research..

Yeah, that seems to be the prelim pic with the water mark photoshopped out of it. :sceptic: I don't think you're allowed to post that here.

Yeah, that seems to be the prelim pic with the water mark photoshopped out of it. :sceptic: I don't think you're allowed to post that here.

That is in fact what the picture is and i don't believe its allowed.

This could be good. I've only got the fig from the Star Wars dictionary but I've read it at least 15 times. :grin: If they do this book well I might actually get it...

That seems pretty likely but I'd like another Weasley. :blush: I'd really like to get the whole family.

Yeah, that would be great! They should add Percy with a black suit and green tie.

Hi, just a quick update on this...

■LEGO® Harry Potter™:Building the Magical World

â– Pub. Date: 16 May 2011

â– 301 x 252mm 96pp, full colour throughout

■US$21.99/£16.99 hardback

â– ISBN-13: 9780756688875

â– ISBN: 9781405366458

■Get the lowdown on your favourite LEGO® Harry Potter™ sets with this exciting companion to the magical world. Includes an exclusive Minifigure.

■The magic of Harry Potter™ and the fun of the LEGO® world, now in one incredible book!

Since it was first introduced in 2001, LEGO® Harry Potter™ has been one of the LEGO Group’s most popular themes. This incredible guide gives readers an up-close look at the bricks, constructions, and minifigures of the LEGO® Harry Potter universe—from Hogwarts Castle to Hagrid’s hut.

You won’t want to miss out on the exclusive inter views with the LEGO® Harry Potter™ team, and special sections allowing you to see, first-hand, how the bricks and figures come to be the toys we love today! The book will also feature a timeline that shows the evolution of the LEGO® Harry Potter™ construction sets, video game and board game.

Also found a prelim pic of the content about Hagrid's hut, so you can get an idea of what the book will be like. Can't deeplink tho so here it is: link to blog post

:grin:

Well if they do include a minifigure then it would have to be an exclusive one like... Vernon Dursley or a new Porfessor Quirrel? Sorry, Im just noting the ones I WANT them to include! Lol!

dk-harry-potter.jpg?w=630&h=380

Why there is Kit Fisto there?

didn't you know that Kit Fisto was a famous Quidditch Player in the Hogwarts Hufflepuff team of 02? The Jedi Buisness is more of a hobby for him :D

dk-harry-potter.jpg?w=630&h=380

Why there is Kit Fisto there?

It looks like it's saying something about how LEGO moulds detailed pieces like Kit Fisto's headpiece. (Kit Fisto was the first minifig to use that rubbery material because it holds detail better.) :wink:

(Could somebody make the picture bigger, then we could read what it says and we would know for sure why he's there.)

Edited by Legomaster34

It looks like it's saying something about how LEGO moulds detailed pieces like Kit Fisto's headpiece. (Kit Fisto was the first minifig to use that rubbery material because it holds detail better.) :wink:

I myself thought it was more because the tentacles would be at risk of bending out of shape or breaking otherwise... goodness knows that's happened to pretty much every one of my Qui-Gon Jinn hair pieces...

In any event, your explanation of his presence in the book makes sense.

didn't you know that Kit Fisto was a famous Quidditch Player in the Hogwarts Hufflepuff team of 02? The Jedi Buisness is more of a hobby for him :D

Yeah, I rather that! :laugh:

I myself thought it was more because the tentacles would be at risk of bending out of shape or breaking otherwise... goodness knows that's happened to pretty much every one of my Qui-Gon Jinn hair pieces...

In any event, your explanation of his presence in the book makes sense.

dude O.o what the heck did you do to the poor Qui-gons?! i got like a bucket of Qui-gon minifigures back when I was a kid and Episode I was fresh to the Cinemas, and i played with them a lot and i never broke one O.o

dude O.o what the heck did you do to the poor Qui-gons?! i got like a bucket of Qui-gon minifigures back when I was a kid and Episode I was fresh to the Cinemas, and i played with them a lot and i never broke one O.o

Probably a consequence of how many times I've made a mess of LEGO parts on the floor of my basement during my childhood. Step on most LEGO hairpieces, they don't suffer much damage (unless you're wearing shoes). Step on Qui-Gon's hair, however...

They're not broken (mostly), but they've been bent out of shape once or twice, so there's a lighter-colored spot on one side in some cases. With rubber, you don't get that problem (also rubber parts are allowed to be made pointier since they're not as much of a safety hazard, which might play into Kit Fisto's design).

(Could somebody make the picture bigger, then we could read what it says and we would know for sure why he's there.)

Though you could be right, at first glance I thought it was just because the page is a prelim mock up, and Kit Fisto won't actually end up there. Maybe he will though, it's hard to be certain.

Still no news on the Minifigure? I'm very exited what it might be. When i recall correctly we did learn about the Starwars book figure a lot longer before the release, because the book is supposed to be released in 3 month and we don't know anything about the figure..

Still no news on the Minifigure? I'm very exited what it might be. When i recall correctly we did learn about the Starwars book figure a lot longer before the release, because the book is supposed to be released in 3 month and we don't know anything about the figure..

Now it is only less than a month left untill the release of this book. Does anyone have information about which the minifigure will be?!

Now it is only less than a month left untill the release of this book. Does anyone have information about which the minifigure will be?!

We've known for a month now what the figure will be... It's a dress robes Harry, we'been discussing it in this topic. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49915&st=690

Picture: http://ow.ly/i/9l83