metalgearsolid

Lego Harry Potter Visual Dictionary

I imagine a good fig for the visual dictionary would be someone who's decidedly a main character, not a more minor character like Professor Sprout. Although Flitwick was released, he wasn't the chief highlight of the set by any means.

Possibly one of the "seventeen years later" characters would have been OK, except that the release of this book would be before the last installment of the movie series (assuming that part of the story even makes it into the films, not unlikely but not guaranteed either). People who were fans of the films rather than the books would be utterly baffled.

Can't think of any really noteworthy outfits Harry or Dumbledore wore that haven't already appeared in sets, but that would be my best guess as to a viable fig to include (since the Star Wars Visual Dictionary did that with Luke Skywalker to great effect).

Can't think of any really noteworthy outfits Harry or Dumbledore wore that haven't already appeared in sets, but that would be my best guess as to a viable fig to include (since the Star Wars Visual Dictionary did that with Luke Skywalker to great effect).

How about a dark red Dumbledore? :wub:

If Lego is even going to include a figure with this, it is probably going to be pretty iconic, like the Luke with the SW dictionary.

So I think we can rule out the possibility of Percy Weasley... :laugh:

I think it's quite obvious that it will be an exclusive Harry Potter fig, no matter what we AFOL thinks, the book will be made and marketed towards the younger buyers (and the ones who buy for them). Sure, younglings would also perhaps want a Percy/dk red Dumbledore/Mrs Figg, but I'm pretty sure the main character will be the exclusive fig. If there is one at all, is that confirmed?

I can confirm the release of this book, but it won't be May 2011. I've been told it's going to be published late 2011 (perhaps with the release of the last film?). I'm very excited for it and I'm looking forward how it's going to look. :grin:

Edited by Matn

I can confirm the release of this book, but it won't be May 2011. I've been told it's going to be published late 2011 (perhaps with the release of the last film?). I'm very excited for it and I'm looking forward how it's going to look. :grin:

So, is the book due in '11 or '12?

Rats. I was hoping for it early next year. :hmpf_bad: Oh well. :tongue:

Edited by Masked Builder

Well, if it's really released around the time of the final film than that's only July, not so late 2011. July is only two months later than May anyhow.

Sounds cool with harry Potter Visual Dictionary. I hope they will release a new couple of sets next year. Though, I wonder how long they will keep going since the movie-line is ended in summer 2011...

I'm betting the figure(if there even will be one) will be Lily Potter or James Potter for some reason, mainly because there would be no Harry Potter if Lily hadn't sacrificed her life for Harry. If one of these, or even better both :wink: , came with the dictionary, I would most certainly buy it! But I will anyways. :laugh:

Lord Embo

I will get it, just like ill be getting the lego star wars visual dictionary. I hope the figure is something good, like tonks. :laugh:

I will get it, just like ill be getting the lego star wars visual dictionary. I hope the figure is something good, like tonks. :laugh:

Nah. It'll probably be someone they haven't released yet, like tonks, only, wouldn't it be hard to find a good duo sided face and hairstyle and hair color? I think it would be better if they put in a minifig like Nagini! :laugh: Kidding there, obviously! The best one to include in my opinion would be Cho. She played a good part and she would be much easier to find an face and hair for, plus, it would be a good chance for MOCers to get a ravenclaw outfit, and collectors to get her without modding, so it's a win-win!

Nah. It'll probably be someone they haven't released yet, like tonks, only, wouldn't it be hard to find a good duo sided face and hairstyle and hair color? I think it would be better if they put in a minifig like Nagini! :laugh: Kidding there, obviously! The best one to include in my opinion would be Cho. She played a good part and she would be much easier to find an face and hair for, plus, it would be a good chance for MOCers to get a ravenclaw outfit, and collectors to get her without modding, so it's a win-win!

Good choice! Hope TLG Hears you!

I love LEGO Harry Potter, so I think this will be a good book. I hope the figure is really good, like a Ravenclaw person or something, but it will probably be Harry. I think it will be good to see the figs and sets in more detail.

Hmm... they should make a red / silver robed Dumbledore with the Elderwand with prints on it .

Or a updated Trelawney with a dark blue dress and a new head .A green/silver robed Voldemort would be cool too .

I don't really need Percy , I maked a custom with the head of Qui Gon Jin , so maybe Bill with scars and the head in

a very light colour .Sirius Black would be kinda cool tough I used Prince Of Persia's head and hair for that .

Maybe a updated Mad Eye Moody with other hair and a other torso and legs .Or Slughorn .They probably will make a

exclusive figure , so it will be one that is never given out , or a old one updated with a other torso .They probavly

won't bring it with a cape , or dress , so Mad Eye Moody , Bill or Sirius would be a big chance .

Hi, I found the prelim book jackets for the Harry Potter Visual Dictionary (& sticker book). Looks like the exclusive minifig is yet another Harry Potter. :thumbdown:

Anyway have a look yourself in my blog HERE(pics not deeplinked since they are marked as prelim).

Yes, I think the fig on the cover is merley just to say that there will be a special figure and it is nothing to do with the final product.

I can confirm that this book is in fact going ahead and will be out some time this summer, I have been asked to submit some of my HP creations to go it it, so I guess its going to be a book much like the other DK LEGO books, with an official set guide, and loads of fan builds.

I also get a free copy, so I cannot wait!

I can confirm that this book is in fact going ahead and will be out some time this summer, I have been asked to submit some of my HP creations to go it it, so I guess its going to be a book much like the other DK LEGO books, with an official set guide, and loads of fan builds.

I also get a free copy, so I cannot wait!

Wow, so lucky. I wished someone asked me to submit some of my HP minifig creations.,.

Wow, so lucky. I wished someone asked me to submit some of my HP minifig creations.,.

That's a real shame, you were among the ones I suggested when they asked if I knew people who build LEGO Harry Potter creations. You're figures really should have been featured in the book, they're just awesome. :sadnew:

I'm curious which creations they'll publish from me (I hope it's the Burrow and/or my Hogsmeade station) and I'm very happy to receive a free copy in the near future. But I only filled in the permission form a few days ago because I was buried with school stuff before, I really hope I'm still in it since they contacted me in the beginning.