XimenaPaulina

My First Cosplay: Kielito Buu

Hey guys,

Without further ado, here's my entry for the Let's Go Cosplay Contest:

Theme: Anime - Dragon Ball Z

Character: Majin Buu

Cost of fig: US$1.25 - total cost of modelling clay, paint, marker, and sticker paper.

Link to Hi-Res pics: KielDaMan's flickr page

5043782667_3a7aa65d35_b.jpg

Backstory: As a kid, Kielito grew up watching the hit anime series Dragon Ball Z. He has always loved the epic battles and sagas Son Gokou and the gang went through in the cartoon series. But one character has become one of his favorite, the cute and lovable former-villain-turned-hero Majin Buu. For his first cosplay event, he decided to take on the character of the fat pink Buu.

Being a newbie in the world of cosplay, he was surprised by the sudden attention he's been getting since he wore that silly pink costume. Always unnoticed as a regular guy, he seems to be enjoying this new found 'stardom' even in his own little world. --> Elevator Scene

Front view:

5058167129_6ab40154b0_z.jpg

Side view:

5058167141_081c41cf9b_z.jpg

Back view:

5058167143_c7476dab6c_z.jpg

Bonus pic (click it!): Kielito Buu has a Bastard child?

The whole vignette:

5058167151_af55c8c388_z.jpg

Behind the Scenes: This is actually my first time to enter a contest in Eurobricks, and my modest first attempt at customizing minifigs using sculpie. This post also celebrates my ascension to Dukehood, Yay! :sweet:

Well, that's it folks! I hope you enjoyed my little entry. Any comments, constructive criticisms, and suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks! :classic:

Edited by KielDaMan

:laugh: I love it! It's nice to see DBZ characters here, because it's really rare. Plus, you pulled this off wonderfully! :thumbup:

Very nice entry, KielDaMan!

Buu is one of my favourite DBZ characters, too :laugh:

I just have to ask you to reduce your post by 2 pics, as by our contest's rules (max 5 pics per entry). Maybe you can change the second and the bonus pics to links? Thank you :classic:

Very nice entry, KielDaMan!

Buu is one of my favourite DBZ characters, too :laugh:

I just have to ask you to reduce your post by 2 pics, as by our contest's rules (max 5 pics per entry). Maybe you can change the second and the bonus pics to links? Thank you :classic:

Thanks Texas...er, LuxorV! :laugh:

Problem fixed! Only 5 pics on the entry. :wink:

:laugh: I love it! It's nice to see DBZ characters here, because it's really rare. Plus, you pulled this off wonderfully! :thumbup:

Thanks prateek, glad you liked it. :classic: Yeah, it seems I'm the first (and only) one to give love to anime out of the first batch of entries. Hope to see some anime cosplayer entries soon.

Interesting....

I agree. :tongue::laugh:

Haha, nice entry KielDaMan. The smile on your character's face is representative of my own. Kudos on being the first to kick off the anime based cosplay entries. I am enjoying the 'home-made' details on your figure!

Good luck with the contest.

Very nice. Love the round headed pink face with those ears at the side. It's cute! :laugh:

Good luck in this contest.

Lovely entry, KielDaMan! ) :classic:

great work on your character! I'm not familiar with him, but he sure looks funny! ) :thumbup:

The paintjob is at a high level as well. )

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

Haha, nice entry KielDaMan. The smile on your character's face is representative of my own. Kudos on being the first to kick off the anime based cosplay entries. I am enjoying the 'home-made' details on your figure!

Good luck with the contest.

Thanks for the kind words Rayman. Yeah I hope some other anime/manga-based entries will follow soon.

Very nice. Love the round headed pink face with those ears at the side. It's cute! :laugh:

Good luck in this contest.

Thanks WhiteFang! After I molded the head, I never expected it'll look like a pink Hershey's Kisses --> 5048767671_c5617fa952_t.jpg:tongue::laugh:

Edited by KielDaMan

I saw buu in your avatar and I was like no way, it can't be from DBZ. SO I click the link in your sig and sure enough.

I think it's awesome. As an avid fan of DBZ for well over ten years, I must say this is a pretty good job. I like the fact that you left a regular smilie face from a standard fig since he always smiles in that ridiculous way.

Nice work.

Lovely entry, KielDaMan! ) :classic:

great work on your character! I'm not familiar with him, but he sure looks funny! ) :thumbup:

The paintjob is at a high level as well. )

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Thanks The Penguin! I kinda expected some people won't be familiar with DBZ characters since they are not as universally-known as SW, DC, or Marvel characters. But yeah, he really looks funny, just look at the many faces of Buu below. :grin:, For some reason, I just love this fat pudgy pink character. :laugh:

I saw buu in your avatar and I was like no way, it can't be from DBZ. SO I click the link in your sig and sure enough.

I think it's awesome. As an avid fan of DBZ for well over ten years, I must say this is a pretty good job. I like the fact that you left a regular smilie face from a standard fig since he always smiles in that ridiculous way.

Nice work.

Thanks Big Cam. Glad to know a fellow DBZ fan. :classic: The Majin Buu saga is actually my most favaorite of all the sagas in DBZ, and this is some sort of my paying homage to one of the most colorful anime characters ever created. About the ridiculous (but totally cute) smile? The pic below is testament of that. :laugh:

5047384134_7507edcd83_z.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan

Kielito Buu, together with his trusty sidekick Patrick Buu, has made a special build to commemorate today's unique date - 10/10/10. Our fat pudgy pink friend can't just let this significant date pass without creating something special, as we will never see this date again in our lifetime (the next one will be in the next century - Oct. 10, 2110). Hope you enjoyed it! :classic:

5066701689_292f10120c_b.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan

Very good entry! Freakin' hilarious! Ilang bote ng San Miguel at plato ng sisig ang in-order niya? Hehe ... :grin:

Edited by Leo-J

:laugh: Buu makes an entry!

Very nice entry KDM! Nice to see anime wasn't forgotten. :sweet:

Your've done a really good job with the sculpy! And the details are nicely done aswell! Overall you did a great job! Pretty spot on to Buu, man I love him! :laugh:

Good luck with the voting!

C-Fox

Oh and nice extra little 10 10 10. :thumbup:

Edited by CommanderFox

Very good entry! Freakin' hilarious! Ilang bote ng San Miguel at plato ng susig ang in-order niya? Hehe ... default_laugh2.gif

Thanks Leo-J! default_classic.gif

default_laugh_new.gif Buu makes an entry!

Very nice entry KDM! Nice to see anime wasn't forgotten. default_satisfied.gif

Your've done a really good job with the sculpy! And the details are nicely done aswell! Overall you did a great job! Pretty spot on to Buu, man I love him! default_laugh_new.gif

Good luck with the voting!

C-Fox

Oh and nice extra little 10 10 10. pirate_thumbup.gif

Thanks Commander Fox! Yeah, gotta represent the anime world! default_blink.gif

Cool customization, you've really captured Buu's roundness. I only watched the show when he was a bad guy (and what a bad guy), so now I want to see the episodes when he turns good, and fat! Good luck with the contest.

Cool customization, you've really captured Buu's roundness. I only watched the show when he was a bad guy (and what a bad guy), so now I want to see the episodes when he turns good, and fat! Good luck with the contest.

Thanks Princess! The fat Buu is actually the first form of Buu shown in the series, and he was a naive but a good-natured character deep-inside. Then a series of unfortunate events happened wherein the Evil Buu inside him 'escaped'. In the end of the Majin Buu saga, the fat Buu became a friend of Goku and the gang, and the Evil Buu was resurrected by the Dragon Balls into a good human being. You should watch the whole series, it's one of my most favorite sagas. default_blink.gif

Nice, great job, that's the first time I saw a custom of Buu, I like it ;-)

Thanks brickplace custom, glad you liked it. default_classic.gif

Actually, there has been one custom Lego Buu I've seen before, though not the fat Buu but the small evil version of Buu:

majin_buu.jpg