GRogall

New Lego Exclusive 10217 Harry Potter Diagon Alley

It will probably be a double sided head anyway, so it's not going to be hard to determine which fig you want as Fred, and which you want as George.

I suppose I didn't consider that. But we won't know whether the heads are double-sided or not until someone here on EB reviews it. The earliest that will be is January 1st 2011.

Lord Embo

I suppose I didn't consider that. But we won't know whether the heads are double-sided or not until someone here on EB reviews it. The earliest that will be is January 1st 2011.

Lord Embo

Sometimes lego lets exclusives out early you know *cough* UCS *cough* JSF*cough*......

Hmm Unfortunatly I will have have blown all my moneys on LSW sets so will have nothing less for this set but I would get this like a shot if I could.

You need to be more specific. What do you mean by Internet? That word(in your quote, not the real one) doesn't give me any significant information or tell me a solution to remembering which is Fred and which is George.

Lord Embo

The internet contains photos and information on this set. More photos and information will be available by the time this set is released.

Or...internet. :D

Edited by gotoAndLego

Sometimes lego lets exclusives out early you know *cough* UCS *cough* JSF*cough*......

The official release date of Diagon Alley in the UK(according to Lego.com) is January 1st 2011. :tongue:

Lord Embo

The official release date of Diagon Alley in the UK(according to Lego.com) is January 1st 2011. :tongue:

True, that's the official release date, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone manages to get it a little earlier. This wouldn't be the first time a s@h-exclusive set was found earlier than expected, Svelte e.g. posted a review of the Imperial Flagship (set 10210) more than a month prior to its official release date :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

True, that's the official release date, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone manages to get it a little earlier. This wouldn't be the first time a s@h-exclusive set was found earlier than expected, Svelte e.g. posted a review of the Imperial Flagship (set 10210) more than a month prior to its official release date :wink:

There are already reviews on Lego.com, which proves that theory true without you even knowing that there were reviews. Are you a psychic? :laugh:

Lord Embo

There are already reviews on Lego.com, which proves that theory true without you even knowing that there were reviews. Are you a psychic? :laugh:

Lord Embo

I'm sure some of those people don't have the set at all. Simply reviewing it because they have the option to.

Anyways, I don't really care if it's released before hand. I will need time to recover after Christmas after all! :wink:

~MC

I'm sure some of those people don't have the set at all. Simply reviewing it because they have the option to.

I'm betting that none of the people who reviewed the set on Lego.com even had the set, but just reviewed it because they can. :hmpf_bad:

Lord Embo

I'm betting that none of the people who reviewed the set on Lego.com even had the set, but just reviewed it because they can. :hmpf_bad:

Lord Embo

You can go review it too; all you have to do is sign in. There's no need to make such a big fuss about it.

You can go review it too; all you have to do is sign in. There's no need to make such a big fuss about it.

But I don't think it's right reviewing something if the person doesn't have it, because they could just make a load of rubbish up. :wink: I'm posting no review until I get the set(if I get the set).

Lord Embo

But I don't think it's right reviewing something if the person doesn't have it, because they could just make a load of rubbish up. :wink: I'm posting no review until I get the set(if I get the set).

Lord Embo

How do you not know they work for TLG :devil:

And I don't think we are gonna need reviews for this set except to see all the parts because we have close ups off basically everything :sweet:

I think a review is very important; after all, reviews give us knowledge of things we didn't know about, like minifig back printing and stuff like that. It also is a good way to know what people actually think of the set.

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

I think a review is very important; after all, reviews give us knowledge of things we didn't know about, like minifig back printing and stufff like that. It also is a good way to know what people actually think of the set.

Lord Embo

Yup, I agree. I want to get that set, not sure if I will though. I hope it, but.. The only reason I would is Ollivander's, but hey, Whayever, I want that set ! :thumbup:

I'd like to review too, maybe on Youtube, because they're always somebody who does it before. But Reviews are helpfull indeed, especialy when they come before the official release, it helps us decide if you are going to get the set or not :laugh:

I'd like to review too, maybe on Youtube, because they're always somebody who does it before. But Reviews are helpfull indeed, especialy when they come before the official release, it helps us decide if you are going to get the set or not :laugh:

Thank you for agreeing with me! :classic: Personally though, I do find video reviews far more helpful(generally) than picture reviews, as the former shows off functions as well as the set itself, whereas the latter just shows off pictures but makes it easier to see small details. I'm sure a review will pop up on YouTube soon enough. It is also essential to know what is included in the set(and generally the price) before buying it so you can compare it to other similarly priced sets and know how much money you're going to need to be able to buy the set and pay for shipping, since you can only get it off Lego.com.

Lord Embo

Yeah, that's exactly what I though Lord Embo ! :classic:

However I must admitt, that these Eurobricks Reviews are of a High level, most of the time, the first video-reviews are done by wild kids, proud of their new LEGO Set. I always think it's sort of annoying having kids reviewing their sets. They're Always talking about the minifigs and saying they are cool, and they say "the set is big so, the set is cool" :hmpf_bad: . I always think Eurobricks reviews are more interresting ! REVIEWER'S ACADEMY FTW ! :thumbup:

However I must admitt, that these Eurobricks Reviews are of a High level, most of the time, the first video-reviews are done by wild kids, proud of their new LEGO Set. I always think it's sort of annoying having kids reviewing their sets. They're Always talking about the minifigs and saying they are cool, and they say "the set is big so, the set is cool" :hmpf_bad: . I always think Eurobricks reviews are more interresting ! REVIEWER'S ACADEMY FTW ! :thumbup:

That may be true Geertos13 but some YouTube reviews are from adults who are experienced with reviews like most reviewers here on EB. Also, kids do come on this site, pretend to be adults, and post reviews of sets where they just say stuff like: I like this figure, this is a big set, this can make something go flying, this can rotate etc. To be honest, they aren't very sophisticated by posting rubbish reviews that no one is ever going to look at(picture review) or watch(video review). In short, you can have kids proud of their new set on EB reviewing with the same amount of primitive, repetitive language as on some video reviews. Kids can easily get onto this site and get away with it and is what I'm also trying to say.

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

Yes I know what you mean Lord Embo. But I don't think, there are many "kids" out here, I think most of them are between the 14 and 18 years old. You know, just trying to get on Eurobricks before the intended age ^^ But as long as they act maturaly it won't be noticed, and personnaly I don't thinkk it is a big problem, as long as they act with a bit of reasonnable behaviour. 10-year old on the other hand, are quite disturbing, with their "primitive" language as you call it :laugh:

But I do agree with you that some video reviews are done quite professionaly. I'm taking "The Brick Show" as an example. They do pretty reviews now and then.

Edited by Geertos13

I think most of them are between the 14 and 18 years old. 10-year old on the other hand, are quite disturbing, with their "primitive" language as you call it :laugh:

You can never really tell what someone's age is on a forum like this(or anywhere online for that matter) because they can very easily lie about it and no one would know.

Lord Embo

You could just look at a video of them if they post it.

I suppose you could as the voice of the reviewer would kind of indicate their age. Unfortunately you can't listen to people's voices on forums. :hmpf_bad:

Lord Embo

The set is now available at my local Lego store for €149.99, sadly

I'm not such a big Lego Harry Potter fan, so no review.