GRogall

New Lego Exclusive 10217 Harry Potter Diagon Alley

Just the use I'd thought of for it too! :grin:

It's so you can interchange between normal Lucius Malfoy and Death Eater. He has a hood as well as hair, see.

I know... it just hit me and I came to edit my post yet again, but saw your response. There's too much in this set, I need to absorb it all for a while.

Oh dear. Words cannot describe how beautiful this set is. Olivanders wand shop is possibly one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen Lego produce, it is stunning.

Bravo to the designers!

Oh man - that is amazing !

The kind of detail we'd expect in one of the modular buildings, but in a Harry Potter set. And just look at all the interesting pieces and cool colours, not to mention all the minifigs....

Spectacular - LEGO have got another winner here. They are really outdoing themselves on set design at the moment.

And for those of you in the UK, I believe this set will be on display at the Great Western LEGO show in Swindon this weekend !

Dr. D.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, but there is a video with the designer on Lego Shop@Home now! Check it out, it's really cool!

OMG OMG OMG!! It's Medieval Market Village all the way round! :thumbup:

Definitively a must-buy set for 2011...lovin' all the buildings' facades, they do really resemble those from the movies...I'm also loving that TLC is paying attention for details from the Half Blood Prince, i mean, vanishing cavinet in Hogwart's ultimate edition and know Borgin and Burkes with its own vanishing cavinet!! I'm blowed! I own the first Gringotts, so it will be quite easy for me to expand the interiors and add a dragon recreating Deathly Hallows chapter 2...and Ollivander's! another great addition for movie sequence... is like closing the entire saga, just hoping to see DH's sets in 2011/2012

Thanks a lot 4making my day! :classic:

BAM! A Brickshelf folder viewable with all the newest high-resolution photo's. Including all the minifigures and other details like the side ways and the little shopping stands.

:wub:

Thanks Matn.

What s stunning set! Those buildings are just beautifully crafted, and there's so many subtle details and touches. More superb minifigs from the Harry potter line too. Ridged round bricks?! I've never seen them before, a staple of Greek/Roman architecture and likely to appear in other sets.

Harry Potter fans (myself included!) will surely fall in love with this. :laugh:

Ridged round bricks?! I've never seen them before, a staple of Greek/Roman architecture and likely to appear in other sets.

We've seen those many-a-times before in the Atlantis prelims. :tongue:

First page updated with lots of new images all link to HR versions!

Enjoy :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wiiie! This is a must get for me! I'm not even a Potter fan. But I'm a Lego fan and a city fan and theese buildings are extraordinary!

:thumbup::classic:

I opened this link and I

I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

No seriously, this set looks amazing. A little pricey for me but still you seem to get what you pay for here... really just incredible detail. I might pick this up regardless of the price.

Oh wow, jaw dropping! This is so amazing. I'm actually happy it's not coming out till January, I need to recover from the HP spending spree I just had. A bit of a let down to see Hermoine stole Ginny's clothes...but at least we get that Hermoine. Wow!!! Bravo Lego, bravo!

All those buildings are superb, especially Ollivanders. I REALLY hope they release "add-on" buildings to make Diagon Alley complete.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Oh wow, jaw dropping! This is so amazing. I'm actually happy it's not coming out till January, I need to recover from the HP spending spree I just had. A bit of a let down to see Hermoine stole Ginny's clothes...but at least we get that Hermoine. Wow!!! Bravo Lego, bravo!

All those buildings are superb, especially Ollivanders. I REALLY hope they release "add-on" buildings to make Diagon Alley complete.

But this might be the last Harry Potter set we ever see :cry_sad:

But this might be the last Harry Potter set we ever see :cry_sad:

True. Hopefully that's only speculation now. As it seems, the new HP line is selling good(seeing all the people on here with them) and if...rather when this set sells well, maybe they'll continue. Fingers crossed!

It does seem as though Lego did not go too far in designing the figures. I mean,the goblins, and F and G look pretty good, and Ollivander isn't bad, but the other figures are all duplicates. Almost all of the HP sets released today had a majority of their figures as exclusive. I think that this is exemplified by Hermione having to steal Ginny's clothes. However the buildings give this set a perfect 5 out of 5 already in my opinion!

True. and if...rather when this set sells well, maybe they'll continue. Fingers crossed!

That is human nonsense. You must read the stars in order to determine the future.

Or you could just take a bottle of Felix Felicis :grin:

Sirius

Impressive set, great exclusive minifigs, Olivander's looks nice but especially Borgin and Burkes is truly amazing. A really big :thumbup:

wow wow wow wow WOW!!! Best set ever? desperately want fred and george!!! couple of problems:hermione has same outfit as ginny and ollivander looks a little wierd(hopefully just preliminary) where'd you find this wonderful set? great pics. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ADDING THIS!!!