DLuders

New LA's Production Code on 8043's Service Pack

What Is the Production Code of the Linear Actuators in Your 8043 Service Pack?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a "36X0" Production Code stamped on all four of the new Linear Actuators that came in your Set 8043 Service Pack (repair kit)

• YES -- all four of the Linear Actuators (LAs) have "36X0" stamped on them.
    • My 4 new Linear Actuators have "37X0" stamped on them.
    • My 4 new Linear Actuators have "38X0" stamped on them.
    • My 4 new Linear Actuators have "39X0" stamped on them.
    • My 4 new Linear Actuators have "40X0" stamped on them.
    • My 4 new Linear Actuators have "41X0" stamped on them.
    • NO; one or more of the LAs has some other number (please state what the exact numbers are by replying to the post below. Your numbers will be added to this poll within 1/2 day, and then you can select your number by replying to this poll again).

I received mine today in the U.S. All four are labeled 38X0. The bags they were in were also all labeled 4638508. I have voted..

Mine came with 36x0 actuators out of the box, but after a few days of playing with it, I've got problems lifting the boom arm again. Changed out the batteries, swapped the motor leads, but still the same outcome. I've written to Lego customer service a couple weeks back and haven't gotten anything apart of the standard auto-reply.

My service pack contained 2 with code 40x0 (new design), and 2 with code 18x0, which were the OLD design! :sad:

Called LEGO - they were very apologetic and are sending a new pack...

My service pack contained 2 with code 40x0 (new design), and 2 with code 18x0, which were the OLD design! :sad:

Called LEGO - they were very apologetic and are sending a new pack...

You can still use old ones for second joint and showel as far as I know.

Bought my 8043 set few days ago..38X0 on all LA's, similar to the service pack I guess :wink:

Edited by Out of Sight

just received for xmas. In the box I found new instruction (as soon as I will open the bags in the box I will tell you guys the code on LAs)

:sadnew:

p.s. I'm from Italy

Edited by peraviola

just received for xmas. In the box I found new instruction (as soon as I will open the bags in the box I will tell you guys the code on LAs)

:sadnew:

p.s. I'm from Italy

I just opened my new 8043 (bought 18dec) and the LA,s have 40X0 ON them so they seem to be the new type,how do i know if the set has updated instructions in it?it has the books and a piece of cardboard in the bag!

Edited by davidmull

I just opened my new 8043 (bought 18dec) and the LA,s have 40X0 ON them so they seem to be the new type,how do i know if the set has updated instructions in it?it has the books and a piece of cardboard in the bag!

ok...just look at this post:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47110&st=0&p=834906entry834906 (post #6)

If step 33 and 36 from book 1 are like those in the pictures you have new instruction (then the new box and you don't need any service pack from LEGO)

:laugh:

Edited by peraviola

So what about the older actuators, are they going to replace those also. I have built the excavator from parts, it wont be released here again till the later part of this year so just downloaded the instructions and built it.

Please VERIFY that your four newly-designed Linear Actuators (LAs) that come with this Service Pack have the Production Code "36X0" stamped on them.

You probably know that the first two digits are the calendar week of production, the forth digit is the year (2010) and the third is the manufacturing location...

:sweet:

Normally technic is not my thing but I do dabble if it looks interesting. I got the excavator for $150 (10% off LEGO store coupon + $30 VIP reward) because it looked challenging.

Anyway I can't vote because the 4 actuators are not all the same. 2 are 48x0 and 2 are 49x0

Don't have the service pack, pretty sure I have the updated 8043 (got it from Amazon after it came back to stock last week). All 4 LAs have 14x1 on them.

Hi!!

I got one of the early 8043 excavators and need to buy som new LA´s. (TLG already gave me a credit for the set).

Can anyone please helpe me find some of the new LA´s. On Bricklink it´s not specified witch lot they´re from, and on Lego´s pick a prick I can´t find them at all.

@ sverre: To be 100% sure that you got the new, improved Linear Actuators, I would purchase them through Lego Direct. Go to http://Shop.Lego.com , and after sure you have the correct region and language for your country on the top-center). scroll down to the bottom to find the "Contact Us" link. Telephone Lego Customer Service and ask for 4 ea. of Part 4528037 (the Linear Actuator). I just looked up that number in the printed Parts List at the back of the 8043 Motorized Excavator's instruction booklet.

Thanks.

A bit strange that that part isn´t for sale thru pick a brick isn´t it?

Oh well, I have to try customer service then. Or should I just buy another set, so I can have both A and B model up an running? :)

@ Zblj: Even though your friend's 17X1 and 18X1 Lego Linear Actuators are the "old" version (pre "36-series-and-above"), they can be used in many applications. TLG deemed the "old" ones insufficient for the 8043 Motorized Excavator.

This TechnicBRICKS article explains the difference between "old" and "new" LAs well:

LA-comparison-2.jpg

A buddy of mine has 17x1 and 18x1 and he isnt sue if these are old or new. Can anyone give a reference?

@ Zblj: Even though your friend's 17X1 and 18X1 Lego Linear Actuators are the "old" version (pre "36-series-and-above"), they can be used in many applications. TLG deemed the "old" ones insufficient for the 8043 Motorized Excavator.

As mentioned by Rosco earlier in this thread:

You probably know that the first two digits are the calendar week of production, the forth digit is the year (2010 2011) and the third is the manufacturing location...

:sweet:

So the linear actuators that Zblj mentioned were made in the 17th and 18th weeks of 2011, so they should be the new ones. :thumbup: