sok117

The Gundarks Hand

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I was able to do some building today, so I present to you...

The Gundarks Hand

gundarks_hand_001.jpg

It was a pretty interesting build, there were times when I felt like giving up, but I'm really happy with the end result.

gundarks_hand_012.jpg

the highlights are probably the air intake mandibles at the front. And the rear hyper-drive engine.

gundarks_hand_009.jpg

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome.

Brickshelf when moderated

Edited by KimT

I like it! It has a very bounty hunter feel to it, and the shape and color scheme is perfect! The only thing I dont like is the Pilots hat, it juse bugs me, but it is your MOC so you can keep it. :laugh: Great Job!

Excellent....excellent 'sok117' !

Nice intakes and cool weapons layout too ! :wink:

Great job designing this one 'sok117' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I like it! It has a very bounty hunter feel to it, and the shape and color scheme is perfect! The only thing I dont like is the Pilots hat, it juse bugs me, but it is your MOC so you can keep it. :laugh: Great Job!

I liked that hat. And I love that ship. It is gorgeous.

Somewhere during the dark age between my youth and AFOL life, I left the creativity neede for a ship like this behind. Now all I can do is copy someone elses design and render it into brick form.

Very nice! I like the asymmetry of the body. I think, though, the air intake in the middle should be moved off-center to free up the pilot's view. But that's just me. :grin:

It was a pretty interesting build, there were times when I felt like giving up, but I'm really happy with the end result.

You should be really happy with your MOC, that's a wonderful creation! It's a good thing you never gave up. :wink: I like the sleekness of the design, and the grey color scheme looks surprisingly refreshing and not dull at all. I'd rather have this ship than its 'predecessor' the Magna guard starfighter. Great job sok! :thumbup:

Thats pretty cool, nice job! I really like the shape :thumbup:

Poor magnaguard star fighter :cry_sad::laugh:

Great ship love the engines :thumbup:

I think the Magnaguard starfighter should be happ to be transformed into such a cool creation. Besides, the Magnaguard starfighter wasn't that great anyways. Glad to hear you like the engines!

Thanks! I don't know why you don't like the hat though. It's like Embo's and everyone loved Embo's hat. Oh well, you can't please everyone. and it's not really about the bounty hunter, he was just thrown together in the last second. I'm glad you like the ship though.

That's great! I especially like the double air intakes. :wink:

I know eh! the ship started with the air intakes, then I just built around them, or in this case behind them. :laugh:

Excellent....excellent 'sok117' !

Nice intakes and cool weapons layout too ! :wink:

Great job designing this one 'sok117' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Yeah, the weapons were mainly inspired by Vimes and his topic titled some mocs, mainly just cool looking ships with lots of different guns and antennae pointing out.

I liked that hat. And I love that ship. It is gorgeous.

Somewhere during the dark age between my youth and AFOL life, I left the creativity neede for a ship like this behind. Now all I can do is copy someone elses design and render it into brick form.

Sorry to hear that. The design really isn't anything new and spectacular. Just some parts of different designs fused together. But I love it nonetheless.

Very nice! I like the asymmetry of the body. I think, though, the air intake in the middle should be moved off-center to free up the pilot's view. But that's just me. :grin:

Thanks! The asymmetry was something I tried for. but there are still things that look symmetrical, which is what I was going for. Take note of the two arrow shaped light bley details on the front after the air intakes next to the windsheild. I wanted them to look similar but couldn't use the same pieces, so thats how it turned out.

You should be really happy with your MOC, that's a wonderful creation! It's a good thing you never gave up. :wink: I like the sleekness of the design, and the grey color scheme looks surprisingly refreshing and not dull at all. I'd rather have this ship than its 'predecessor' the Magna guard starfighter. Great job sok! :thumbup:

Thank you! I'm glad I didn't give up too, it's really quite stunning. Maybe the best thing I've built this year.

Thats pretty cool, nice job! I really like the shape :thumbup:

Thanks!

I've got to say, I love the ship (reminds me of the Rouge Shadow), and I like your bounty hunter. It's the bandana over the mouth that makes him look so tough I think.

default_thumbup.gif

I've got to say, I love the ship (reminds me of the Rouge Shadow), and I like your bounty hunter. It's the bandana over the mouth that makes him look so tough I think.

I just realized that too. I have the rogue shadow, I'll to a side-by side comparison of the two ships and update it later. Thanks for the commecnts though! :sweet:

Very good! :classic:

Hey thanks mate!! :sweet:

(I'm assuming here that the Gundarks hand isn't something from star wars canon?)

As Big Cam, it houses a slight resemblance to the Rouge Shadow, yet it's own subtle way vastly different. :thumbup:

I'm sure your sig-fig is happy to have such a cool ship! :tongue:

(I'm assuming here that the Gundarks hand isn't something from star wars canon?)

As Big Cam, it houses a slight resemblance to the Rouge Shadow, yet it's own subtle way vastly different. :thumbup:

I'm sure your sig-fig is happy to have such a cool ship! :tongue:

This isn't actually my sig-fig, just a fig I've thrown together. I still havn't decided on a sig-fig, but thats another story.

And no this ship isn't cannon, just an idea of my own. I decided on calling it the gundarks hand because like a gundark (see image bellow) there are for different parts comming from the body of the ship, the two front air intakes, representing the two muscley arms of the gundark. And the two back stabalizers with guns, symbolizinf the pait of little arms of the gundark

And thanks for the kind words! :sweet: :grin

Gundark_NEGAS.jpg

Edited by sok117

Nice job. Hey, if you turn it with it's nose up, it looks like the Gundark's ears! :tongue: (Sorry... couldn't resist.)

I love the shape of it. The up-turned engines/cannons are wonderful, as are the 'intakes'. :wub: Very sleek.

Looks heavy and powerful, I like it! Those stickers look good there too, and the minifig is pretty cool.