Sign in to follow this  
Fires-storm

Desert Swallow

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hey all, this plane came about as a result of my love of WWII and late 1930's aircraft, and after seeing John Lamarck's unique style of building the tail of the fuselage using hinges to give it a unique shape, I decided to give it a try. I made it primarily tan, then threw in gray for good measure, and as a result it looked so much like a desert airplane that I had Johnny Thunder pilot the dang thing. Also, this plane is classed as "Experimental Design" Meaning I may repost it here at times with entirely different looks when the mood strikes me :classic:

First off, some stats:

Speed: 275-300 MPH 300 MPH being a good day.

Climb: 260 MPH

Turning Radius: Fairly speedy, about on par with a Japanese Zero.

Dive: 300-310 MPH.

Pilot: Johnny Thunder for now.

Now for pics:

The front:

5035977183_f674d9f193_z.jpg

In the next two pics, my cat managed to get into my room because I left the door open, so in the shots you see her looming shadow about to end the little plane's life, shortly before she gets kicked out.

Side:

5036595738_fccf92791b_z.jpg

Tail section:

5036595782_ac56706eee_z.jpg

And finally, a bird's eye view:

5035977341_7af2a75bbc.jpg

I hope you all enjoy it, and the subsequent upgrades that may befall it!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I like it, It has a nice shape and color scheme that work very well together. But one thing irks me. I think it needs a real windscreen, like a cockpit one, not an Adventurers windshield. But it is still a great MOC, but I can't get over the awesome fuselage shape :wub:

Great Work!

I like it, It has a nice shape and color scheme that work very well together. But one thing irks me. I think it needs a real windscreen, like a cockpit one, not an Adventurers windshield. But it is still a great MOC, but I can't get over the awesome fuselage shape :wub:

Great Work!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it so much, and trust me, I agree about the windscreen. I'm trying to get pieces to make a custom one in the shape of a WWII fighter plane, but keep experimenting with open ones at the same time :classic:

Nice job there 'Fires-Storm' - the wings are excellent ! :thumbup:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks mate, I'm glad you like them! And I definitely will :classic::thumbup:

The wings need way more shape up and down. They look flimsy alone and even more awkward next to the body. Deatailing on the body would be nice too. However, the over-all coloring and flow of the airplane are nice.

The wings need way more shape up and down. They look flimsy alone and even more awkward next to the body. Deatailing on the body would be nice too. However, the over-all coloring and flow of the airplane are nice.

Erm, up and down? how do you mean? Also if as in detailing you mean stickers and the like, I don't really do that, and other then that its accurate because old planes were amazingly smooth :classic:

Also, in regards to Capt. Stabbin and Nightshroud99: as to the landing gear, since it is experimental right now, I haven't bothered with landing gear yet until I decide whether or not to keep it like that, but once it is titled done it will get them for sure!

Thanks for the comments all :thumbup:

Edited by Fires-storm

Pretty good plane Fires-storm. The basic shape is nice, and the tan-with some light bley color scheme looks refreshing. But I can't help but to compare this to your other creations which are better IMO. I see too many studs for my liking, but I guess the studded finish suits well its "Experimental Design" classification. Do you have any plans of SNOTing those studs?

Pretty good plane Fires-storm. The basic shape is nice, and the tan-with some light bley color scheme looks refreshing. But I can't help but to compare this to your other creations which are better IMO. I see too many studs for my liking, but I guess the studded finish suits well its "Experimental Design" classification. Do you have any plans of SNOTing those studs?

Maybe, but I'm not sure yet honestly, the studded plates give the wings a beautiful shape, and are quite easy to build around and incorporate, as well as being strong as heck. But if I find a surplus of small tan 1x3 or 1x4 curves I might, though I doubt they make them :classic: Thanks for your opinion on it, i may try and see how snot wings look on it sometime as an experiment :thumbup: