4840 The Burrow  

159 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Like having the Crutiatis Curse performed on me
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Like having taken Felix Felicis

Minifigs are not too awesome, the top floor is way too small, the "outside" parts are no, and they are way too many stickers for the kitchen.

I really can't agree with you on these points. The minifigs are spectacular. Though the top floor is small, I don't mind it. It's a dollhouse, it doesn't need capacious rooms. I'm not sure what you mean by "outside parts," but if you mean the swamp and outside fireplace, those are just fine. The swamp is a great way to get more dark tan bushes and light blue tiles, while the fireplace does its job. The kitchen only has one sticker for the stove top.

Overall the value for the price of this set (I can only speak for the US) is terrific.

Thank you for the review, Clone O'Patra!

I do have a question though. I recently finished putting mine together, and I noticed a small problem. In bag two, it seems that I was given one less 1x2 brown-orange brick and one extra 2x4 brown tile. I am very OCD about my LEGO building and it is absolutely bugging me that I can't figure out what happened. I've never had a problem with a missing piece before, and was maybe thinking that all Burrows would have the same issue, but from your pics, you seem to have a complete set.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible this could happen, or did I just misplace a piece? I understand we are given extras, but a 2x4 tile? That seems too much like a mistake.

Thanks, and other than that, I really enjoy this set!

Can anyone tell me if it's possible this could happen, or did I just misplace a piece? I understand we are given extras, but a 2x4 tile? That seems too much like a mistake.

Well, it is possible that anything could happen, but it is more likely that you made a mistake. I accidentally used two 2x1 wood-type bricks in place of a 4x1 and had to switch it out later, but with the pieces you describe it does not sound like you simply put the pieces in the wrong places.

I would go over the building instructions for bag two and carefully compare them with your built set to see if you can find somewhere where you went wrong.

Fantastic review for a fantastic set. The new Harry Potter sets are looking better and better. It's nice to see HP make such a good comeback. If I had the money I would definitely pick this up.

I agree, it's an awesome set. I was really going to limit my HP purchases, but I'm going to try to find enough spare cash to get them all.

Harry and Ginny in bed, eh? I was waiting for the shot of Ginny tying Harry's shoelaces...

Thanks for the review! This was one of the Harry Potter sets I really wanted, and I want it even more now! All of the little details really make this set great. Now to decide whether I want this or Hagrid's Hut first...

WOW, I've been waiting for weeks to see this review. I'm not a Potter Fan, but the color scheme, details and the HAIR PIECES have had me drooling, and now with your GREAT review, I can see the figs, details close up. I'm definately buying this set, thank you for the great pics!!!!!

Thanks Clonie for sharing this piece of outstanding review. I can understand why so many of you are excited with this set. I couldn't really remember how this set looks like in the movie but I definitely remember those Death Hallows who burns down the Burrow, so you can't really said I forgotten all about it in the last movie.

I really like how the designer put this altogether and to see it in such detailed manner made me appreciate more than ever. The minifigs are especially adoring and I am looking forward to have my fair share next week. :wub:

Thanks for the review! This was one of the Harry Potter sets I really wanted, and I want it even more now! All of the little details really make this set great. Now to decide whether I want this or Hagrid's Hut first...

Between those two, I'd go with the Burrow first. IMO, it's a better overall set with the better looking figs.

Brilliant set, and fantastic review as well! I need that bunk bed! :wub:

This looks like being one of the best sets Lego has made in the Harry Potter line. The level of detail for this set is great, and I think that while the set is slightly cramped Lego have done this purposely to add to the Burrow-ish feel.

This is on my list! (very reasonable price, too)

Ahh, I think I'm becoming more and more of a lego HP fan (lego, not the books/movies) the more I see these reviews of the upcoming HP sets. The details of the minifigs in this set are just astounding and very impressive. The Ginny fig is simply gorgeous. default_wubnew.gif The various elements of the house are also well-designed and would definitely be useful for non-HP MOCs as well. Thanks for sharing this wonderful review Clone O' Patra. default_thumbup.gif

Even in cramped spaces, lovers always find a way.

5028250229_62a5f504b0_b.jpg

CLASSIC! default_thumbup.gifdefault_laugh_new.gif

Edited by KielDaMan

Bravo good sir. I can honestly say this is one of my most looked forward to sets in a long time, not just for the great colour selection and parts, but as mentioned Ginny and the other figures really are something special.

Thanks for a great review filled with good quips and beautiful pictures. This will get em in their droves :thumbup:

I don't even like Harry Potter. At all. But I really want this set! :wub: Ginny is such a babe (and I love the grumpy face), the house is really cool, and Bellatrix hair... *oh2*

Darn LEGO. Always making want things I don't even like... :sceptic:

I WANT THIS AND I WANT IT NOW

That's all i can say :laugh:

I was looking forward to this and the hogwarts castle, even though i'm not aharry potter fan at all, and after seeing the review it's even better. that kitchen/dining room is just perfectm i wish the castle sets would also have that amount of detail the HP sets have :cry_happy: Unfortunately i won't be able to afford it anytime soon.

Great review of a great set Clone O'Patra!

The minifigs in this set is very, very nice. The house really looks awesome,

and I can´t wait until I will get the chance to build this set.

I don't even like Harry Potter. At all. But I really want this set! default_wubnew.gif Ginny is such a babe (and I love the grumpy face), the house is really cool, and Bellatrix hair... oh2.gif

Darn LEGO. Always making want things I don't even like... default_sceptic.gif

This is from the first word to the last exactly my thinking. Too bad the minifgs alltogether will sell for more than the complete set on BL.

Thanks - excellent review.

I was going to get this set anyway, but if I wasn't, you'd have convinced me....!

Agree that the figures look amazing, and I love the colours - dark red, nougat etc. - as well as all the small details.

I think these HP sets could be a real hit.

Dr. D.

Great Set, great review. The Minifigs are awesome. I also think that Ginny is one of the best Figures ever released. She looks almost real :laugh: . The next months are going to be really expensive.

Nice review, thanks!

Impressive set, albeit somewhat more difficult to mod for my medieval village, so I remain in dubio about whether to buy it. The figures are great. I am especially in love with Bellatrix (great hair, great torso!), though Ginny is a close second :wub:

Thanks Clone'o'patra!

For me, the flesh-era Harry Potter minifigs have always been little gems and a wondeful source parts for MoCs. It looks like these new sets up the ante with some truly superb minifigs and parts. I can see so many uses for these - Harry Potter MoCs notwithstanding - which makes this set a worthy purchase. The lovely selection of accessories and parts are icing on a very tasty looking cake.

That said, brilliant review, fantastic photos... I can see what you mean by the Ginny figure. Your humourous touches aren't too bad either... made me smile anyway! :wink:

Clone O'Pottra, you just made an amazing review with that! I am very much looking forward to your next one. About the set, I have to say that after reading your review I really consider getting it, it seems almost perfect (no Ron though) and fun! Thanks a lot!