highflyingbean

Imperial Flagship Mod

I own a few of the Imperial Flagships, so I made a some color changes to one of them with a few small additions and turned it into a Pirate ship I call the Renegade Reaper. I thought it came out pretty cool, and tried to make it something that LEGO may have actually created, and keep the classic theme going. I origionally had a crocodile mounted in the same manner as the shark was, but I think my figure head now is much cooler.

Mods feel free to change what you want.

Flikr Link:

Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIPiMpHI2Ek (In depth video, probably too long!)

DSC_0136.JPG?psid=1

DSC_0153.JPG?psid=1

DSC_0159.JPG?psid=1

DSC_0147.JPG?psid=1

DSC_0146.JPG?psid=1

DSC_0162.JPG?psid=1

DSC_0165.JPG?psid=1

DSC_0156.JPG?psid=1

Edited by highflyingbean

Very cool! Scrap the BB, just use this against those Imperial buggers! :pir-tongue:

Green looks very nice on this ship, and the regular Pirate modifications are great! I love that figure head :pir-wub:

I don't know how to imbed photos, so here is a flikr link to some pics, [...]

Check this.

I like the color scheme. Are those cloth sails? They look very nice.

Check this.

I like the color scheme. Are those cloth sails? They look very nice.

Thanks! Fixed my post, but I have a bunch of pics! The video is probably too long as well! The sails are cotton cloth bought from a fabric store, use a regular hole punch for the holes... I still need to starch and iron them to get them stiff, right now they are just plain cloth but the front and rear (added) sail are double sided.

It's nice to see almost the same ship but with different colours.

The sails in the front seem longer than the yards but otherwise it's a good MOD.

I also like the figurehead, it suits well to the name.

Good job :thumbup:

It's nice to see almost the same ship but with different colours.

The sails in the front seem longer than the yards but otherwise it's a good MOD.

I also like the figurehead, it suits well to the name.

Good job :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliments! You are right, it is almost exactly the same ship with only very minor modifications, the goal was to make the IFS a pirate ship keeping with the traditional look of Lego Pirate ships, so mostly they were just color changes (I also strengthed the front quite a bit). The sails are exactly the same size as the IFS, once they are "crisp" after some starch and a good ironing they will "billow" out and look a lot better, right now it is just a cut piece of cloth.

I am in love with that figurehead :pir-wub:

The green looks quite good aswell... Makes me kind of sad I had to post pone the start of my ship(need money for other hobbies)

Edited by Nosaj